MLB Top 100

2Deep

13 minutes ago, 2Deep said:

Not sure where to put this so started a thread. Mods can move if in wrong place.

With all the negativity I think this is encouraging. There are also other younger prospects who may Crack the list at some point....

Evidently if you don't have a subscription to Baseball America, you can't view the list. Can you please copy and paste the list for us?

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, The Kids Can Play said:

Evidently if you don't have a subscription to Baseball America, you can't view the list. Can you please copy and paste the list for us?

I dont have a subscription either just going by what was tweeted 

12 minutes ago, The Kids Can Play said:

copying and pasting the full list on a public page would likely count as a copyright violation, so we couldn't allow that. Small excerpts about the White Sox players are likely ok, but we shouldn't host the full list here. You may do whatever you want in PMs.

4 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

copying and pasting the full list on a public page would likely count as a copyright violation, so we couldn't allow that. Small excerpts about the White Sox players are likely ok, but we shouldn't host the full list here. You may do whatever you want in PMs.

That's fine with me and that's fair. I would suggest though in the future, we don't post articles of websites that the many of people here don't subscribe to. I have plenty of money and if I wanted to subscribe to these various sports sites, I easily could. I don't subscribe to any of them for the pure principle of it. I refuse to pay for sports information I can go search and find at another free sports site. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, The Kids Can Play said:

That's fine with me and that's fair. I would suggest though in the future, we don't post articles of websites that the many of people here don't subscribe to. I have plenty of money and if I wanted to subscribe to these various sports sites, I easily could. I don't subscribe to any of them for the pure principle of it. I refuse to pay for sports information I can go search and find at another free sports site. 

This is a very strange take. The site shouldn't allow articles like this to be posted because you have a personal opinion of not paying for sports information? I mean, im not going to pay for it either but I appreciate the blurb about Colson and Noah and that's information I wouldn't have had otherwise.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, The Kids Can Play said:

Lol wut.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Super exciting on Schultz.  Actually pretty shocked they moved him up that high given his limited body of work, but it clearly highlights the massive potential the kid has.

Really wish we had someone else cracking the back-end of the list.  I really thought Mena & Ramos would be consensus top 100 guys by now.

21 minutes ago, T R U said:

This is a very strange take. The site shouldn't allow articles like this to be posted because you have a personal opinion of not paying for sports information? I mean, im not going to pay for it either but I appreciate the blurb about Colson and Noah and that's information I wouldn't have had otherwise.

It's not weird. You're missing my point. I have no problem with someone letting us know about some new prospect ranking or any other valuable Sox news, but it's the part about where a link is posted as if, here is the site and go read the info for yourself. Then you waste time going to the site and it's a pay to see site. I was just suggesting it would be better if posters would state there is an article from a particular site...in this case Baseball America that has two of our Sox prospects moving up on the list. However keep in mind unless your a BA subscriber you won't be able to see it. 

Having said my stance I really don't give a sh$t going forward and everyone can continue post pay sites and you won't a hear a word from me ever again when they are posted.

In hindsight I shouldn't have aired my Pet Peeve about these sites that charge money. It won't happen again. I will just make a mental note to check BA along with the Sun Times, Tribune and The Athletic. 

• Haha 1

It's common courtesy to link rather than force people to look for origin, rather than the much smaller inconvenience of clicking on a site and realizing you do not subscribe to it. Also if people are wondering, the Futuresox forum holds a lot of the discussion around when new prospect rankings drop.

2 hours ago, The Kids Can Play said:

It's not weird. You're missing my point. I have no problem with someone letting us know about some new prospect ranking or any other valuable Sox news, but it's the part about where a link is posted as if, here is the site and go read the info for yourself. Then you waste time going to the site and it's a pay to see site. I was just suggesting it would be better if posters would state there is an article from a particular site...in this case Baseball America that has two of our Sox prospects moving up on the list. However keep in mind unless your a BA subscriber you won't be able to see it. 

Having said my stance I really don't give a sh$t going forward and everyone can continue post pay sites and you won't a hear a word from me ever again when they are posted.

In hindsight I shouldn't have aired my Pet Peeve about these sites that charge money. It won't happen again. I will just make a mental note to check BA along with the Sun Times, Tribune and The Athletic. 

The quality of journalism is almost always better when you’re paying for it with a subscription than paying via ppc advertisements. Less rushed clickbait, more thought out and researched. 

Generally speaking. This doesn’t seem to exist anymore, those publications realized they can charge money and still publish blog posts. See: the athletic. Canceled my subscription after they fired fegan 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nrockway said:

The quality of journalism is almost always better when you’re paying for it with a subscription than paying via ppc advertisements. Less rushed clickbait, more thought out and researched. 

Generally speaking. This doesn’t seem to exist anymore, those publications realized they can charge money and still publish blog posts. See: the athletic. Canceled my subscription after they fired fegan 

I appreciate your side of this. I think you can find some excellent journalism for free. I agree sometimes the paid articles can also be good. However as I stated, I personally and that's just me, am not willing to pay money for the basic principle of it. It's basic information that I can find at many other sites. 

• Like 1

On 7/14/2023 at 3:52 PM, bmags said:

It's common courtesy to link rather than force people to look for origin, rather than the much smaller inconvenience of clicking on a site and realizing you do not subscribe to it. Also if people are wondering, the Futuresox forum holds a lot of the discussion around when new prospect rankings drop.

I like when there are so many pop-ups you cannot read the article as I remind myself no free lunch. My two subscriptions are Wapo and New Yorker.