Hey, there's also a game tonight gamethread. Mariners @ White Sox 7:10

wegner

1 minute ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

A lot of placeholders currently employed. Not a lot of young pitchers worth bringing up. Just playing out the string with what they have.

It sure makes for unentertaining baseball.

1 minute ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

But we knew it was going to get really bad after the deadline. The combined talent with Charlotte and Sox would be lucky to be a championship team in AAA.

I know no such things.....I still get pissed at games like that 2nd one at Wrigley.....I may have a problem. 

One more thing...why the hell did the offense get worse after the deadline? I'm not thrilled about the Burger trade but he shouldn't have made that much of a difference.

4 minutes ago, wegner said:

I know no such things.....I still get pissed at games like that 2nd one at Wrigley.....I may have a problem. 

One more thing...why the hell did the offense get worse after the deadline? I'm not thrilled about the Burger trade but he shouldn't have made that much of a difference.

Did it get worst ? It was pretty bad to begin with. I mean they took their 2nd best HR hitter off the team. Last year was it no one hit 20 HR's . This year you had 2 guys would were headed for over 30. Can't win with a whole bunch of guys who don't get on base and .600ish OPS .

Just now, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Did it get worst ? It was pretty bad to begin with. I mean they took their 2nd best HR hitter off the team. Last year was it no one hit 20 HR's . This year you had 2 guys would were headed for over 30. Can't win with a whole bunch of guys who don't get on base and .600ish OPS .

It sure feels like it got worse. I know. It's all just gradations of abysmal.

37 minutes ago, bmags said:

I'm not saying he's good, I am saying what we have in the Charlotte bullpen can absolutely be worse.

See the thing is it's easier to root for a younger guy like Ramsey than Shaw. 

14 minutes ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

Every ball in play is a hit now.  Dumbfuck Manfred wants to artifically inflate batting averges to make it look like his dumbass changes made a difference. 

Yup, just seen this on Twitter. Lots of comments saying the same thing, inflating offensive stats to make the changes look better.