Where were you when you heard the news?

Texsox

I just walked into my home office and saw I had an announcement on my Alexa. I expected to hear the game was starting. I actually needed Alexa to repeat the news because I didn't quite hear it clearly.

Then I had it repeat a couple more times because it made me all happy. 

I was dozing in my recliner with the news on in the background.  I had a "procedure" earlier that day (I just turned 50...), and I was taking it easy.  I awoke from my doze with a text from my son telling me the news.  I was wide awake at that point and immediately jumped online.

14 minutes ago, hogan873 said:

I was dozing in my recliner with the news on in the background.  I had a "procedure" earlier that day (I just turned 50...), and I was taking it easy.  I awoke from my doze with a text from my son telling me the news.  I was wide awake at that point and immediately jumped online.

Hopefully the procedure went well. If it's the one I'm thinking that's the longest night ever. 

• Like 1

I was watching the Rays-Rockies game and checked in here at SOXTALK and couldn’t believe what I was reading, had to pinch myself to see if I was really awake and hadn’t dozed off. After that I put the Sox game on at 8PM EDT to hear from Bennetti and if there was any further news or firings or if the Sox were moving to Guadalajara.

Edited by The Mighty Mite

Got a notification from yahoo news and quickly scanned the headline. It really only sank in that it said Hahn and Williams and I thought what did those pinheads do this time? Then I realized what I was reading and couldn't believe it. Came hear and the glorious thread was already through 2 pages of comments. And I was happy for awhile.