Grifol on returning as manager in 2024, mutual admiration society with Chris Getz

caulfield12

https://www.mlb.com/news/pedro-grifol-chris-getz-speak-before-sox-loss-to-tigers

“There's been conversations that I've had prior, not in complete detail, but I never once felt that my job was in jeopardy,” said Grifol, prior to a 4-2 White Sox loss to the Tigers on a beautiful Friday in Chicago. “Obviously, he made it known to the public yesterday.

“In all my conversations, with him and even Rick [Hahn] and Kenny [Williams] and [White Sox chairman] Jerry [Reinsdorf], I never felt that way. So, having him say it to the public I guess is just information for the media and everybody else out there.”

On 9/6/2023 at 10:18 PM, nrockway said:

Imagine building around a rookie manager. Salvy will be on this team nest year bank on it 

The Cubs had a rookie manager in Ross in 2020  and they look like they are doing pretty well.  It is not the years spent as manager but the success rate he can achieve once he gets the job.