2023 League Championship Series

flavum

11 hours ago, Southwest Sider said:

Become a Dbacks fan and you dont have to worry anymore about the "we" white Sox. Those people are a bunch of fucking morons, of course they will never have a Corbin Carroll. 

Hopefully they will continue considering High School players after the Montgomery and Schultz selections. Also hopefully can improve player development to have quality players ready after 4-5 years of development.

2019 MLB First Round Draft

15 hours ago, Milkman delivers said:

Would be nice for the Rangers to get their first WS. They should have the upper hand.

I adopted them as a second team when I moved down to Texas 12 years ago (right before their last WS appearance). I'd be lying if I said it was the same as watching the White Sox win, but I would be very happy to see Dunning and Semien win.

Also, if the mold is spend on your roster, which it appears to be becoming, Jerry needs to see the Rangers win.

7 hours ago, South Side Hit Men said:

Hopefully they will continue considering High School players after the Montgomery and Schultz selections. Also hopefully can improve player development to have quality players ready after 4-5 years of development.

2019 MLB First Round Draft

Should be closer to 3-4 years for elite high school players..

4 hours ago, Vacheron said:

I adopted them as a second team when I moved down to Texas 12 years ago (right before their last WS appearance). I'd be lying if I said it was the same as watching the White Sox win, but I would be very happy to see Dunning and Semien win.

Also, if the mold is spend on your roster, which it appears to be becoming, Jerry needs to see the Rangers win.

Only an AL Central team winning it would have any impact...which would undoubtedly only provide further support for his argument you don't have to spend $200+ million on the roster to claim a title, or even $175 million.

But the days of fighting that year to year battle with the Tigers and Illitch died out with the father's passing, the loss of Verlander and the diminishment of Miguel Cabrera as a player.   Well, that and the disappearance of KW's braggadocio.