Lance Lynn to StL on 1 year deal

Sleepy Harold

3 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

What?

I couldn't care less about an individual season uzr rating. 

He wasn't good but he was far from killing pitchers success. His OAA was -1. 13 guys sit between +3/-3 in OAA. 6 more sit below that. Do unless 19 ss's kill their team a year...

Most fielding metrics suck but I'll take oaa above drs and uzr and tim didn't rank high in oaa, he just wasn't a detriment to the team defensively which was my point.

What do you mean... what? 

You don't care about an individual season stats and then cite individual season stats as your defense on why you are right? Even though he was still awful in the stat you chose?

You gotta be bleepin' me!

23 minutes ago, GREEDY said:

What do you mean... what? 

You don't care about an individual season stats and then cite individual season stats as your defense on why you are right? Even though he was still awful in the stat you chose?

You gotta be bleepin' me!

I said what because you implied I said he didn't kill his pitchers because of his defensive war or something. When I never said anything about war.

I'm not going to argue degrees of bad. If you think the Sox were at a huge disadvantage due to having a SS sitting in the avg pack, then you're struggling with the data.

16 hours ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

then you're struggling with the data.

I tried to be nice when it is 1000% obvious that you are the one that struggled to understand the data.  You one million percent saw that he received positive WAR for his defense and did not realize that all shortstops did.  

You said: Tim was a + defensively last year despite being an abomination at the plate.  

Then when you were called out, you went and cherry picked two stats where TA was 15th out of 20 and claimed that as evidence that he was a plus defender?  

Take your L and stop quoting me.  I stand by my take that GMs are targeting Sox pitchers, possibly because the defense behind them was abysmal. 

I'm not shocked that chubby Sox girl fans are dancing on social media because Bummer was traded, like he was the reason they lost 100 games, but I am surprised that a guy with 11,000 posts on a White Sox message board is fighting to the death that TA had a + defensive season in 2023.  

On 11/20/2023 at 10:19 AM, GREEDY said:

So how many organizations had "acquire pitchers that had to try and get batters out with Tim Anderson as their SS and a first baseman trying to play RF" on the top of their list this offseason?

his FIP was as god awful as his ERA, ostensibly because he gave up so many home runs. Is 2.2 HR/9 the worst ever for a guy who pitched at least 150 innings? Lance almost broke Blyleven's record and Burt pitched 90 more innings. 

but yes, TA is not a very good defender relative to other shortstops...apparently that was up for debate.

• 3 months later...

Lance Lynn made his spring debut today.

He got pulled after 24 pitches in the 1st, topping out at 93. Came back for the 2nd and pitched a clean inning (nearly gave up a 2 run HR, but it was caught at the top of the wall). Got ejected by Angel Hernandez after one out in the 3rd for chirping about the zone.

Final Line: 2IP, 3H, 4ER, 3BB, 2K, and one ejection.

Maybe two ejections, because he went to the bullpen to finish his pitch count, and he's apparently being kicked out of there too.

Edited by Autumn Dreamin
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • TLR 1