What are the Sox trying to do here, really?

Chick Mercedes

17 minutes ago, Eminor3rd said:

Like it makes me wonder if the issue is really just JR insisting on surrounding himself exclusively with spineless yes-men, that won’t push back on anything, because it’s not like JR LIKES to waste money. Has no one really showed him a $/WAR curve?

Or Jerry trusts those guys and he doesn't push back. We just know it doesn't work. 

35 minutes ago, Dam8610 said:

Okay? Would you take 5 championships in 14 seasons? I would.

Not arguing the point just clarifying that it wasn't the senior. And the son eventually got into serious trouble with the league and was forced to sell the franchise. I don't remember exactly what he was accused of.

On 12/7/2023 at 10:52 PM, Lip Man 1 said:

Not arguing the point just clarifying that it wasn't the senior. And the son eventually got into serious trouble with the league and was forced to sell the franchise. I don't remember exactly what he was accused of.

Worst that would've happened is that Reinsdorf would've bought the team then, and at that point, we have 5 championships in 14 years to celebrate.

On 12/7/2023 at 7:14 PM, Eminor3rd said:

Like it makes me wonder if the issue is really just JR insisting on surrounding himself exclusively with spineless yes-men, that won’t push back on anything, because it’s not like JR LIKES to waste money. Has no one really showed him a $/WAR curve?

You think Jerry cares about $/WAR? 

I think he cares about $/TWTW. 

This is the guy that said his favorite player of all time is David Eckstein. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 12/7/2023 at 6:51 PM, Dam8610 said:

He was also the owner of the San Francisco 49ers during the 1980s and 1990s when they won 5 championships in 14 seasons. I don't care if he was affiliated with the mafia, he knew how to build a winning franchise.

He was a shopping center developer and we could have seen him sell off players to pay the gas bills when all those shopping centers went bad (like most of them have).😁