Passan on FromThe108 Podcast

Heads22

2 hours ago, Kyyle23 said:

They have been talking with Passan on Twitter for a few years now and I think he has appeared once before.  They made the infamous “Jeff Passan with long hair” meme famous 😂

Oh right, I forgot about that. Still, for a trio of fans from Bridgeport, they've done well in building a sizable online following.

I didn't realize how young Passan actually is until I saw him on the podcast.

I'll give him a lot of credit for understanding our pain from the failed rebuild but he also mentioned that there were good times too regarding how promising it looked at some points until JR, Covid,  the strike, injuries ,the talent pool drying up and players inconsistent performances took it all away.

But again like I always said and Passan echoed it. It starts at the top and works it's way down.

JR has always been my No. 1 with a bullet . The rest of the culprits were just branches of the diseased tree.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Yea they have fun, they drink and curse and do the whole make fun of each other and themselves that guys  do when you're not too worried about hurting anyone's feelings that only works in a true friendship setting. More sensitive types may find it distasteful but if you wanna feel like your partying away amongst like minded individuals you'll enjoy it.

I know My Sox Summer has posted here in the past. Not sure if Beefloaf or Chorizy has.

im not offended at all by it, or hurt, i just dont find them interesting nor entertaining

23 minutes ago, reiks12 said:

im not offended at all by it, or hurt, i just dont find them interesting nor entertaining

I'll take in a podcast episode if it's someone I know, but they aren't my cup of tea either. I've met two of them at tailgates and hung out in section 108, but the general vibe is a bit too meathead for me. Not saying there is anything wrong with that.

5 minutes ago, Tnetennba said:

I'll take in a podcast episode if it's someone I know, but they aren't my cup of tea either. I've met two of them at tailgates and hung out in section 108, but the general vibe is a bit too meathead for me. Not saying there is anything wrong with that.

Those guys hooked me up with seats when I asked if they could help me find some multiple times, swag too.    They play up the meat head but they are good dudes.  My Sox Summer actually posted here for a little while 

4 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

Those guys hooked me up with seats when I asked if they could help me find some multiple times, swag too.    They play up the meat head but they are good dudes.  My Sox Summer actually posted here for a little while 

I bought a jersey off MSS and they hooked me up too. I don't mean anything as a critique. They've done a lot to foster fan community, and twitter friends of mine love hanging out in the 108. They lean into the meathead a bit much for my tastes, but that's me.

23 minutes ago, chw42 said:

What's the White Sox discourse like on there?

The biggest, most tremendous White Sox discourse in all of the world. You wouldn't believe how tremendous it is. They're doing a great job over there. 

2 minutes ago, ron883 said:

The biggest, most tremendous White Sox discourse in all of the world. You wouldn't believe how tremendous it is. They're doing a great job over there. 

Any rants about how the Sox actually beat the Tigers 14 times last year if it wasn't for the corruption in Detroit?

3 hours ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

I didn't realize how young Passan actually is until I saw him on the podcast.

I'll give him a lot of credit for understanding our pain from the failed rebuild but he also mentioned that there were good times too regarding how promising it looked at some points until JR, Covid,  the strike, injuries ,the talent pool drying up and players inconsistent performances took it all away.

But again like I always said and Passan echoed it. It starts at the top and works it's way down.

JR has always been my No. 1 with a bullet . The rest of the culprits were just branches of the diseased tree.

Is he really that young?  I think he said his kid is going to college next year, I’d imagine he is older than he looks.

1 minute ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Is he really that young?  I think he said his kid is going to college next year, I’d imagine he is older than he looks.

He's 43.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Chicago White Sox said:

He's 43 but looks younger. Jet black hair younger face.

You didn't watch it ? I was wondering why you said you couldn't watch.

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside

7 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

He's 43 but looks younger. Jet black hair younger face.

You didn't watch it ? I was wondering why you said you couldn't watch.

I watched part of it, just easier to f*** around on Soxtalk  while the kids watch the Trolls movie for the 50th time than it is to watch a podcast