Player projected line and WAR O/U prediction thread

I've gotta go with Cease on the UNDER. There isn't a chance in hell he makes 174IP on the SS, and maybe he doesn't even make 150 in all of MLB who knows.  

Going with Yoan OVER. Contract year and all that. @ptatcis a trusted source on injury imo, and if he think Yoan will gut out a few more games, who am I to say otherwise. And if he does have a good year the Sox can pick up his option and still have a good asset. So here's hoping!

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

I've gotta go with Cease on the UNDER. There isn't a chance in hell he makes 174IP on the SS, and maybe he doesn't even make 150 in all of MLB who knows.  

Going with Yoan OVER. Contract year and all that. @ptatcis a trusted source on injury imo, and if he think Yoan will gut out a few more games, who am I to say otherwise. And if he does have a good year the Sox can pick up his option and still have a good asset. So here's hoping!

You really think JR is going to pay $25 million for Moncada when Ramos is roughly one year away or less?  That would be 1/5th the entire payroll, roughly.  Coming off a win total in the 60’s or low 70’s and abysmal attendance numbers?

6 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

You really think JR is going to pay $25 million for Moncada when Ramos is roughly one year away or less?  That would be 1/5th the entire payroll, roughly.  Coming off a win total in the 60’s or low 70’s and abysmal attendance numbers?

can you stay on topic for one post?

and yes, if he balls out you 100% use it as leverage. 

• Haha 1
  • Fire 1

17 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

Over: Moncada (2.4); Pillar (0.2); Fedde (1.1); Brebbia (0.4).

Under: Eloy (1.9); Fletcher (0.4); Sheets (0.1).

Please do not sign: Moustakas (-0.1).

Yea I was thinking under on Eloy as well. He's not gonna get 600 PA, and if he's the DH for all of them, he won't hit enough to get that value.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, chitownsportsfan said:

616 PA may be pushing it though.i don't doubt he has some back issues. I think he'll play more but I don't know if it will be that many. That nearly a full season with no time off.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ptatc said:

616 PA may be pushing it though.i don't doubt he has some back issues. I think he'll play more but I don't know if it will be that many. That nearly a full season with no time off.

I am going with the over on the war though.

10 minutes ago, ptatc said:

I'm surprised at how bad they think the defense is for Montgomery. I'll take the over as in better than -1.1 for fielding war on only around 50 games.

yea FG pretty muted on our D overall given how it's supposedly a big strength now. that maldonado defensive number is hilarious. over half a win under defensively at catcher as a guy that is a vet leader.

I woke up feeling dangerous (maybe danger Russ even) so I'm going to go OVER on Paul Dejong and his .7 fWAR. He's playing for his MLB future and he'll "bounce back" into a barely average regular at SS. He'll play 145 games, be solid with the glove, and slash 240/290/380. There's really nothing in his profile that suggests he'll bounce back with that increased slugging, but I'm going to be danger russ and assume he'll have some extra motivation to avoid another one year deal and even possible get traded off this s%*# bag team.

2 hours ago, chitownsportsfan said:

I woke up feeling dangerous (maybe danger Russ even) so I'm going to go OVER on Paul Dejong and his .7 fWAR. He's playing for his MLB future and he'll "bounce back" into a barely average regular at SS. He'll play 145 games, be solid with the glove, and slash 240/290/380. There's really nothing in his profile that suggests he'll bounce back with that increased slugging, but I'm going to be danger russ and assume he'll have some extra motivation to avoid another one year deal and even possible get traded off this s%*# bag team.

I don't know if he'll play that much as I think Montgomery comes up later in the year and takes playing time away.

1 minute ago, ptatc said:

I don't know if he'll play that much as I think Montgomery comes up later in the year and takes playing time away.

A lot of moving parts, we'll see if they have Moncada and Colson and DeJong together on the MLB roster at any point this year. I can see Moncada out via trade and Colson to 3B.

21 minutes ago, WestEddy said:

I would think they would play around with DeJong and Lopez out of position before they move Monty off of short. 

He should be given every chance to stick at SS, I just hope they are smart enough to make his development the priority, not squeezing out a win or two this year playing him out of position.

• Thanks 2