This team is on track to shatter the MLB shutout record

Being shutout 6 times in the first 16 games, the 2024 White Sox are on pace to get shut out about 61 times this season.   The major league record is only 33 by the 1908 St Louis Cardinals and the American League record is only 30 by 1909 Washington Senators.   The AL and MLB records have both stood up for over 100 years but we may earn a place in the record book by the all star break the way this season is going.    This team is an absolute joke and its amazing that this organization can put together a roster that is this bad.

18 minutes ago, sin city sox fan said:

Being shutout 6 times in the first 16 games, the 2024 White Sox are on pace to get shut out about 61 times this season.   The major league record is only 33 by the 1908 St Louis Cardinals and the American League record is only 30 by 1909 Washington Senators.   The AL and MLB records have both stood up for over 100 years but we may earn a place in the record book by the all star break the way this season is going.    This team is an absolute joke and its amazing that this organization can put together a roster that is this bad.

OMFG!!! If this happens, I'm going to cut off my gonads with a paring knife, I will be so humiliated. Who's with me?!?!?

Remember when Sammy Sosa was chasing the single season HR record and there were a bunch of "HR tracker" boards around town and hanging off apartment balconies, etc? 

I propose the banner is used as our shutout tracker on our march into the record books.

10 hours ago, WestEddy said:

OMFG!!! If this happens, I'm going to cut off my gonads with a paring knife, I will be so humiliated. Who's with me?!?!?

Wait, you'll cut off your gonads if they get shoutout 61 times or if they just break the record? Because the latter is pretty likely to happen and idk if you want to put your balls on the table for that.

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Bob Sacamano said:

Wait, you'll cut off your gonads if they get shoutout 61 times or if they just break the record? Because the latter is pretty likely to happen and idk if you want to put your balls on the table for that.

Forget it, he's rolling.

• Haha 2