5/6: Sox @ Rays 5:50 CDT: Clevinger day?

Posted (edited)

LF Bad

CF Bad

RF Bad

3B Below Average

SS Average to Slightly Below Average this year

1B Below Average

C Terrible with Maldonado, at least average with Lee (granted, he had a mistake tonight)

Even WITH Robert and Moncada, they're not currently even an average MLB defense.

Btw, .265 .812 Ortiz (MIL) 

Edited by caulfield12

3 hours ago, greg775 said:

Wow. Sox play the Rays again. Rays are another wretched team. Sox might keep winning for a while. I won't jinx the team by saying 'Bet.The.House." however you could bet the tractor at least.

First I lose my house, now my tractor. What next? Thanks greg. 

• Haha 3
  • Fire 2

1 hour ago, A-Train to 35th said:

I'm just happy I don't have to see Aaron Bummer blow another lead, so the trade is a win for me.

Instead, you’ll get to see Soroka and Shuster give up many more runs and Shewmake not score any.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, fathom said:

He can be a “before” picture for hair transplants

Great idea.  Vaughn can make his money being added to the RestoreHair.com billboard roster of Urlacher and Ryne Sandberg.  God knows he isn’t going to make much more money in baseball.

• Haha 3

6 minutes ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

Instead, you’ll get to see Soroka and Shuster give up many more runs and Shewmake not score any.

How dare you forget the pride of Naperville 

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, oldsox said:

Vaughn's arb clock starts next year. Sox couldn't possibly go there, right?

There's not much else to do other than send him down for a couple months and bring him back up late summer and hope he performs then. You can't roster a DH/1B with a 500 OPS. The season is like 1/5th over now and he has a 42 wRC+ as a guy with absolutely zero value elsewhere.

Edited by chitownsportsfan
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
29 minutes ago, DoUEvenShift said:

Dodged a bullet with TA!!! (Ignore the other guys)

At least they didn't guarantee Keith $28.6 million, lol.

And we can even extend it lower, Jose Abreu is at .269 and still owed $39 million...

With Chourio and Holliday also struggling out of the game, wonder if someone's going to rethink this whole "generational wealth" before ever crossing the lines on a big league field thing.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/mlb/what-detroit-tigers-rookie-colt-keith-is-doing-to-snap-out-of-career-opening-slump/ar-AA1o0fOj

Maybe the White Sox hitters as a collective also need to block X, Facebook and Instagram, lol...

Edited by caulfield12

9 hours ago, DoUEvenShift said:

Dodged a bullet with TA!!! (Ignore the other guys)

At the beginning of their careers with the White Sox they were handed a  playbook titled "The White Sox Way" and told to read and study it as they would be expected to follow the the rules and play ball the White Sox way.

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, A-Train to 35th said:

Yes, and all three for less than the 5.5 million Bummer will make this year.

Lopez is earning $4.3 million.

Soroka is earning $3 million.

Shuster is earning $740,000.

Shewmake is earning $740,000.

That’s a total of $8.8 million in bad money cuz they are all terrible.  Try again.

More players is not always better, especially when it is more BAD players.

Edited by WhiteSox2023

Posted (edited)
24 minutes ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

Lopez is earning $4.3 million.

That’s a total of $8.8 million in bad money cuz they are all terrible.  Try again.

More players is not always better, especially when it is more BAD players.

I'm not going to argue, but you mentioned 3 players and those 3 players salary is less than Bummers.  Do the math.

My point is, I would have traded Bummer for a bag of balls as many others on this site stated. Instead we got back 5 warm bodies which IMO is still better than watching Bummer Sh**t in his pants and blow another lead.   Tell me exactly what other offers were out there for Bummer.  Do you really think any team would give up a prospect for him?

Edited by A-Train to 35th
sp

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, A-Train to 35th said:

I'm ot going to argue, but you mentioned 3 players and those 3 players salary is less than Bummers.  Do the math.

My point is, I would have traded Bummer for a bag of balls as many others on this site stated. Instead we got back 5 warm bodies which IMO is still better than watching Bummer Sh**t in his pants and blow another lead.   Tell me exactly what other offers were out there for Bummer.  Do you really think amy team would give up a prospect for him?

Well, I don’t think we should leave out the highest salaried player from the trade, and arguably the worst.

I have no idea what the other offers for Bummer were, but it’s not out of the realm of possibility that another team was offering prospect(s).  He is also pitching better as of late.

Edited by WhiteSox2023