5/23-O's at Sox, 6:40pm

11 minutes ago, Heads22 said:

leave him out there to soak up innings

I'm glad they waited so long to call Clevinger up. Needed to wait until he was ready. Loser.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, wegner said:

I'm glad they waited so long to call Clevinger up. Needed to wait until he was ready. Loser.

The number of pitchers who have signed really late in ST or into the season and had decent seasons...seems to be about a 1/4 or 1/5 chance it goes well.

Seems to be even tougher for hitters these days to ever get their timing and swing down with so many max velo pitchers out there.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, chitownsportsfan said:

It was almost like the baseball god's having a laugh and throwing in one good player among the dozen replacement level ones Gets has brought in. 

yup, though catchers are weird in their development. i have hope for shuster though as well.

• Like 1

Just now, Heads22 said:

yup, though catchers are weird in their development. i have hope for shuster though as well.

Lee has a long ass way to go with his hitting but defensively with that arm and with robot zones coming he has a long career as at very least a solid backup and if he ever learns to hit for any average he'll be a star. 

4 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

60 day DL so he couldn't have came back until about now anyway. 

He played for the Knights in April, so I wonder what happened down there