October 5, 20251 yr Dodgers using starters out of the bullpen cause their relievers are so unreliable. Looks like Roki has the 9th. Edited October 5, 20251 yr by chw42
October 5, 20251 yr Got out of it. Realmuto Kepler Castellanos Stott Choice of either Sasaki or Treinen.
October 5, 20251 yr Sasaki needs to stop throwing that splitter so high in the zone. Hitters will eventually adjust.
October 5, 20251 yr Still fooled with action...game on. Not sure going to second was worth it down 2. Pretty close due to Pages.
October 5, 20251 yr Kerry Carpenter came into the game 4-8 with 4 HR in his career vs. Kirby. Maybe should have walked him with first open and two outs?
October 5, 20251 yr The ump in this Mariners Tigers game has a gigantic strike zone. At least he's been mostly consistent with it.
October 5, 20251 yr Seattle's offense did not show up. Now they're going to need to beat Skubal tomorrow to avoid going down 2-0.
October 5, 20251 yr You definitely can't lose the first two at home with the Mariners' playoff history...
October 5, 20251 yr As an ECU alum I saw Trey Yesavage pitch many times in person. I thought he was a top 10 pitcher that draft. Saw him outpitch Chase Burns in a regional. I really wanted the sox to draft him, he was just more polished than Hagen Smith. Felt like Gavin Williams was the best RHP in the draft a few years ago too. I think sometimes scouts rate a guy higher because they are in the SEC or ACC. But Yesavage is absolutely nasty. 10 Ks through 4 innings in his 4th start in MLB.
October 5, 20251 yr 9 minutes ago, Ozzie for Manager said: As an ECU alum I saw Trey Yesavage pitch many times in person. I thought he was a top 10 pitcher that draft. Saw him outpitch Chase Burns in a regional. I really wanted the sox to draft him, he was just more polished than Hagen Smith. Felt like Gavin Williams was the best RHP in the draft a few years ago too. I think sometimes scouts rate a guy higher because they are in the SEC or ACC. But Yesavage is absolutely nasty. 10 Ks through 4 innings in his 4th start in MLB. Yankees getting dominated on both sides of the ball is poetic. The Jays' biggest weakness is their bullpen and it looks like the Yankees won't even test that the first 2 games.
October 5, 20251 yr Drafting is so important. The difference between getting a #1 starter and a guy who maybe ends up in the pen can get a GM fired. Gotta say, I'm having Yesavage envy right now.
October 5, 20251 yr 12 minutes ago, Timmy U said: Drafting is so important. The difference between getting a #1 starter and a guy who maybe ends up in the pen can get a GM fired. Gotta say, I'm having Yesavage envy right now. Especially when your owner doesn't believe in paying for FA pitching...you've got to be able to able to produce like CLE MIL SEA TBR.
October 5, 20251 yr 23 minutes ago, kitekrazy said: Jays scored double digits twice in a row Wouldn't have thought possible in a postseason game Max Fried started... Weird. Well Detroit vs. Toronto won't exactly light up the ratings.
October 6, 2025Oct 6 Finally broke through, Polanco...Castillo looking like Predator from behind lol. And already to the bullpen.
October 6, 2025Oct 6 How are you going to throw a 2nd fastball right down the middle to Polanco after he just took you deep on one?
October 6, 2025Oct 6 10 minutes ago, chw42 said: How are you going to throw a 2nd fastball right down the middle to Polanco after he just took you deep on one? Having the confidence of a Cy Young winner to believe nobody can beat you twice in one game...
October 6, 2025Oct 6 4 hours ago, Timmy U said: Drafting is so important. The difference between getting a #1 starter and a guy who maybe ends up in the pen can get a GM fired. Gotta say, I'm having Yesavage envy right now. Can we ever stop effing up these drafts? I don't much care for Shirley's philosophy of reaching, but we should at least be able to catch a break now and then. It's really the reason we're in this mess (along with doing very little on the international front).
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.