2 hours ago2 hr Second time this week front office “analytics geeks” coming under fire…first was Pete Alonso versus Stearns"It's not enough when you have talent, or you have data, or you have computers telling you what to do, because this is baseball. The data is here to help us but at the end of the day, you're going to need experience and veteran guys to win games. There's a lot of stuff that I would like to say, but I'll state it like that."Contreras also played coy with a question about the team's lineup:Question: "You guys for much of the season, especially during the hot stretch, found so many fitting parts in the lineup. What do you think happened down the stretch and into the playoffs?"Contreras: "That's a good question. I'm not going to answer it because I don't want to give my honest answer. We got eliminated, that's the bottom line Edited 2 hours ago2 hr by caulfield12
1 hour ago1 hr I didn't catch the Yankees-Red Sox game, but I see the box score that Crochet pitched. Anyone have a scouting report on Garrett was he 100% ?
1 hour ago1 hr 9 hours ago, WestEddy said:I'll take our chances against either. WILD CARD!!!https://sl.bing.net/hZHp3J0P9Qi
1 hour ago1 hr 13 minutes ago, Falstaff said:I didn't catch the Yankees-Red Sox game, but I see the box score that Crochet pitched. Anyone have a scouting report on Garrett was he 100% ?This is my, admittedly non professional, review of his performance
1 hour ago1 hr 17 minutes ago, Falstaff said:I didn't catch the Yankees-Red Sox game, but I see the box score that Crochet pitched. Anyone have a scouting report on Garrett was he 100% ?It was ugly but maybe not quite as bad as his box score looks.I didnt see velocities on his fastball, he gave up a lot of hits but seemed like relatively soft contact. I was sort of half watching that on TV2 and sox lockerroom celebration on TV1
1 hour ago1 hr 2 minutes ago, Bonemer, I Hardly Know Her said:It was ugly but maybe not quite as bad as his box score looks.I didnt see velocities on his fastball, he gave up a lot of hits but seemed like relatively soft contact. I was sort of half watching that on TV2 and sox lockerroom celebration on TV1I was curious on his Velo and if he was rushed back. I am still a fan of Garrett Edited 1 hour ago1 hr by Falstaff
1 hour ago1 hr 29 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:Lmao the honest answer is WE WAS CHEATIN AND HAD TO STOPI'm out of the loop, can you elaborate?
1 hour ago1 hr 8 minutes ago, pettie4sox said:I'm out of the loop, can you elaborate?It’s speculation that during their 19 game win streak they were hacking pitch com.
1 hour ago1 hr 9 minutes ago, pettie4sox said:I'm out of the loop, can you elaborate?What palealesox said. I think someone here shared a tweet where someone laid out exactly what they needed to hack pitch com and it was basically 25 dollars in Amazon s%*# and a little buzzerand that team absolutely turned back into pumpkins when that speculation started
16 minutes ago16 min 1 hour ago, Falstaff said:I was curious on his Velo and if he was rushed back. I am still a fan of GarrettHe was 97-98 generally. He actually got a swinging K on the first batter, but the ball got away from Rutschman and the runner reached. Then another Adley error put that runner on 3rd and he scored on a well hit single. Soft bloop and a bunt loaded the bases, everyone scored on the next reliever after Crochet was pulled.His stuff wasn't peak but looked viable enough, easy to imagine the inning going much differently if the strikeout is completed for out #1.
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.