Monday at 01:06 AM2 days Jim M. at Soxmachine suggesting that there's a possibility of the Sox non tendering Brazoban in the off season based on them leaving him off the ALDS roster If they advance to the next round and the Sox keep him off the roster, do you think he's just hurt or is it that they think he's bad and not worth the risk?
Monday at 01:09 AM2 days If Taylor still wants to be a starter, I imagine they'll move him into the rotation with limited starts & innings.
Monday at 01:24 AM2 days 7 minutes ago, joejoesox said:Jim M. at Soxmachine suggesting that there's a possibility of the Sox non tendering Brazoban in the off season based on them leaving him off the ALDS rosterIf they advance to the next round and the Sox keep him off the roster, do you think he's just hurt or is it that they think he's bad and not worth the risk?He was on the 15 day with a Lat strain I believe. He might need to be shut down for the season and heal. Probably add Davis Martin and Castillo to the list of get healthy for next year.
Monday at 02:09 AM2 days 2 hours ago, tray said:The success of the 2026 White Sox pitching staff which heavily relies on the bullpen could become a template for pitching staffs throughout the league. A supposedly tired bullpen is also a bullpen that remains ready to pitch.Take this 🖕tray and laugh reacting at posts calling him out on bad opinions, name a more iconic duo
Monday at 02:13 AM2 days 4 minutes ago, Quin said:tray and laugh reacting at posts calling him out on bad opinions, name a more iconic duoI cannot.
Monday at 02:15 AM2 days Guys - let’s talk about 27 after we win the World Series…let’s enjoy the moment we are in right now!
Monday at 02:22 AM2 days 6 minutes ago, Chisoxfn said:Guys - let’s talk about 27 after we win the World Series…let’s enjoy the moment we are in right now!Hagen-Taylor will throw a combined CGSO in Game 1 of the WS + be a preview of 2027.
Monday at 05:01 AM2 days 15 hours ago, joejoesox said:Sandlin, Kay and Burke are the only three guys I think you can rely on next year for a full season of innings, maybe Sandlin needs some help getting to the end, not sure what his max amount of innings was coming into this year but he looks ready to be, at worst, an SP4I don't bring back Davis Martin unless he's your SP5I’m in agreement on Martin, he’s who I would look to deal to open a spot for a second FA signing or Sandlin but his value is low right now compared to what it was going into the ASB
Monday at 05:10 AM2 days 18 hours ago, Chick Mercedes said:Most likely. It would be a let down. Not a deal breaker for fans. However this would not be cool. There are too many known unknowns for me, with a team that should legitimately be expected to contend for a World Series championship. They should aggressively put a big dog on the staff by any means necessary in place of one of those names.Again, as I said in my post… I expect them to sign AT LEAST ONE veteran starting pitcher. I really wanted them to get Robbie Ray at the deadline, he’s available. Kevin Gausman, Zac Gallen, Corbin Burnes, and Tyler Mahle are names to watch but I wouldn’t be shocked if they hovered around Skubal.Skubal is going to test the market, I don’t think it’s a forgone conclusion that the Dodgers will resign him. He’s the best pitcher on the market by far, the best pitcher in the game, it would be a slap in the face to himself and the other players in free agency if he didn’t test the market. There’s no draft pick compensation attached to Skubal. Maybe the run this team is on inspires ownership, both Reinsdorf and Ishbia, to get a whale. I’m not saying they’re going to sign him but I would be shocked if they weren’t a player.
Monday at 08:53 AM2 days For a Skubal, Ishbia would need to be the car driver, and Reinsdorf a passenger. We all know how Reinsdorf shops at the very top of the market. Publicity oriented only.
Monday at 10:23 AM2 days 1 hour ago, Chick Mercedes said:For a Skubal, Ishbia would need to be the car driver, and Reinsdorf a passenger. We all know how Reinsdorf shops at the very top of the market. Publicity oriented only.Everyone’s going to be fighting over King and Peralta, starting with the Cubs.they have THREE guys to replace while waiting on Steele and HortonGausman Holmes and Imanaga are the leftover scraps Edited Monday at 10:26 AM2 days by caulfield12
Monday at 06:14 PM1 day 13 hours ago, Boopa1219 said:Again, as I said in my post… I expect them to sign AT LEAST ONE veteran starting pitcher. I really wanted them to get Robbie Ray at the deadline, he’s available. Kevin Gausman, Zac Gallen, Corbin Burnes, and Tyler Mahle are names to watch but I wouldn’t be shocked if they hovered around Skubal.Skubal is going to test the market, I don’t think it’s a forgone conclusion that the Dodgers will resign him. He’s the best pitcher on the market by far, the best pitcher in the game, it would be a slap in the face to himself and the other players in free agency if he didn’t test the market. There’s no draft pick compensation attached to Skubal. Maybe the run this team is on inspires ownership, both Reinsdorf and Ishbia, to get a whale. I’m not saying they’re going to sign him but I would be shocked if they weren’t a player.We have to see what happens with the salary cap, but the Dodgers may not have space if a hard cap happens.
Monday at 06:39 PM1 day Author we don't need skubal. Any of the 2nd tier vets will probably sign for 3-4 years at 30-35 AAV depending on how the CBA settles. No reason to take on the risk of Skubal when a perfectly fine 2nd tier guy will eat the same innings at a slightly worse era imo.
Monday at 08:02 PM1 day 17 hours ago, Quin said:tray and laugh reacting at posts calling him out on bad opinions, name a more iconic duoRate Field and Surface Lots?
Monday at 08:16 PM1 day 1 hour ago, southsider2k5 said:We have to see what happens with the salary cap, but the Dodgers may not have space if a hard cap happens.It'd be interesting to see if they implement compliance buyouts, like the NBA and NHL did after their lockouts, to allow big-payroll teams to get under the cap. Or perhaps a finite number exceptions for 2027, like the MLE in the NBA. Would the Pirates, Reds, Marlins, etc. even be willing to bring in one of the big names shaken free by a cap if they have to sign said player's checks?
Monday at 08:41 PM1 day On 10/4/2026 at 7:13 AM, Bonemer, I Hardly Know Her said:This might be the worst post I've read in a while.It’s not what I think they should do. It’s what I believe they’ll do.And Taylor has stated he wants to start. There’s been many a guys like that who leave good situations so they can start. Montgomery from the Cubs World Series team comes to mind. Daniel lynch did as well but KC converted him late this year
Monday at 11:34 PM1 day 3 hours ago, Bepis83 said:It'd be interesting to see if they implement compliance buyouts, like the NBA and NHL did after their lockouts, to allow big-payroll teams to get under the cap. Or perhaps a finite number exceptions for 2027, like the MLE in the NBA. Would the Pirates, Reds, Marlins, etc. even be willing to bring in one of the big names shaken free by a cap if they have to sign said player's checks?Reds can't even convince Elly de la Cruz to sign an extension
Monday at 11:39 PM1 day 18 hours ago, Boopa1219 said:Again, as I said in my post… I expect them to sign AT LEAST ONE veteran starting pitcher. I really wanted them to get Robbie Ray at the deadline, he’s available. Kevin Gausman, Zac Gallen, Corbin Burnes, and Tyler Mahle are names to watch but I wouldn’t be shocked if they hovered around Skubal.Skubal is going to test the market, I don’t think it’s a forgone conclusion that the Dodgers will resign him. He’s the best pitcher on the market by far, the best pitcher in the game, it would be a slap in the face to himself and the other players in free agency if he didn’t test the market. There’s no draft pick compensation attached to Skubal. Maybe the run this team is on inspires ownership, both Reinsdorf and Ishbia, to get a whale. I’m not saying they’re going to sign him but I would be shocked if they weren’t a player.Mets Tigers Cubs Angels White Sox Padres Yankees Dodgers Rays (new ownership that says it will spend)https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/50071297/mlb-2026-how-tarik-skubal-free-agency-play-predictions-possible-suitorsLAD would pretty much have to trade Snell or Glasnow...risky deals for anyone to take on Edited Monday at 11:44 PM1 day by caulfield12
Yesterday at 01:58 PM1 day Call me crazy, but I love the idea of having both Taylor and Hagen as multi inning weapons out of the pen. Obviously easier said than done with the value/scarcity of SP’s, but sure would be nice to acquire/spend $ on proven SP’s AND have a dominant pen.
17 hours ago17 hr Author MLB Trade RumorsPreviewing The Upcoming Starting Pitching ClassNeed some rotation help? MLBTR looks ahead to the upcoming free agent class.
8 hours ago8 hr spotrac2027 Starting Pitcher Free AgentsListing all available 2027 MLB Starting Pitcher free agents, including contract status, market value, and previous deal details.Names in interested in:M. Soroka, F. Griffin, S. Gray, J. Flaherty, M. King
8 hours ago8 hr 2 minutes ago, joejoesox said:spotrac2027 Starting Pitcher Free AgentsListing all available 2027 MLB Starting Pitcher free agents, including contract status, market value, and previous deal details.Names in interested in:M. Soroka, F. Griffin, S. Gray, J. Flaherty, M. KingDoubt they give Soroka much bigger numbers when they had him on a so called bargain contract the first time around...Hasn't Flaherty's fastball been steadily eroding over the last 2-3 years? That feels like another Castillo deal in the making with the heavy workload he's carried throughout his career.King will have the interest of at least 10-12 teams as the clear #2 FA and Gray is coming off a second peak year in the second half of his career...so you're definitely buying high there.Not easy to decide.Peralta has been THE big name on the ascent since his trade to TB...
1 hour ago1 hr On 10/5/2026 at 4:41 PM, nitetrain8601 said:It’s not what I think they should do. It’s what I believe they’ll do.And Taylor has stated he wants to start. There’s been many a guys like that who leave good situations so they can start. Montgomery from the Cubs World Series team comes to mind.Daniel lynch did as well but KC converted him late this yearIf Taylor moves to the starting rotation, I'd give Hicks a shot at closing. He has closer stuff and has been good lately.
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.