Need another team

Texsox

I've decided to split my allegiance to the White Sox and am in the process of selecting another club. I'm leaning towards the Astros, but am open to suggestions. I've even thought of being one of those spineless wonders and cheering the ScRubs (except against the Sox). Tough call but the Sox are getting me too pissed again.

I've decided to split my allegiance to the White Sox and am in the process of selecting another club. I'm leaning towards the Astros, but am open to suggestions. I've even thought of being one of those spineless wonders and cheering the ScRubs (except against the Sox). Tough call but the Sox are getting me too pissed again.

You can't be f***in serious.

Ooops I guess i wrote that wrong. I should have wrote:

split my allegiance between the Sox and another NL team.

I'm looking for a team in the #2 spot behind the White Sox. Obviously the 2nd team would need to be in the NL and have a decent chance of contending. I was leaning towards Houston. Seems like a nice fit. They get some local news coverage here in south Texas, play in the same division as the Cubs, are a contender, and they just spent a very pennies on pitching.

While my love for the Bulls waned and I followed the Spurs, and the Dllas Stars are more interesting to me than the Hawks (that could change in a heartbeat) and I've basically lost all interest in pro football, I'll always follow the Sox.

Ooops I guess i wrote that wrong. I'm looking for a team in the #2 spot behind the White Sox. Obviously the 2nd team would need to be in the NL and have a decent chance of contending. I was leaning towards Houston.  Seems like a nice fit. They get some local news coverage here in south Texas, play in the same division as the Cubs, are a contender, and they just spent a very pennies on pitching.

While my love for the Bulls waned and I followed the Spurs, and the Dllas Stars are more interesting to me than the Hawks (that could change in a heartbeat) and I've basically lost all interest in pro football, I'll always follow the Sox.

Houston is my 2nd favorite team too... :headbang

Houston is my 2nd favorite team too... :headbang

LOve the breaking news break a little while ago on my radio. I'd rather have seen Andy in a Sox uniform but that keeps the 'stros up with the Cubs.

I'm not going to wear one of those Ray Rainer two team hats.

Sorry man can't agree with ya there. Even tho we get frustrated, we're still fans during the good and bad times

I could never pick another team. I see no way that I could ever genuinely care about another team.  I know that I am young, and I have seen few seasons come to pass, but this is my team for life.

i agree i change my favorite teams almost every year in all other sports besides baseball when it comes to baseball im a sox fan 4 life.

I don't think you can truly chnage your allegiance. No matter what you say and no matter how much you want to believe that you've "switched" teams, you'll always look to see how they're doing. You'll always root for them deep down.

It's also hard to pick a new team unless you live in that area. I lived in Sacramento for a year and now the Kings are my 2nd favorite NBA team, but I don't think I could have convinced myself to like them if I never lived there. Especially since this was before they got good.

Sorry to say but anyone who is considering spiltting allegiance isn't a real Sox fan plain as that. Trust me all of us are frustrated by the lack of moves done by our beloved Sox and the fact that they haven't really tried to keep some of their own FA. Come on though, last year what major moves did the sox make before the winter meetings???? If i recall correctly none, I'm so tired of listening to everyone whinning about oh were not doing anything blah blah blah. KWHas always done whatever he can to try and put a good product on the field somtimes it just takes time. We do not have the revenue of the Yankkes, redsox or scrubs to be out there trying to buy up all the talent right out of the gate instead we have very limited resources to spend very wisely lets just wait and see what happens instead of jumping ship. If you must jump ship then go ahead we dont need to have fans like you. Sox fans are the smartest fans out there and that being said I would think that all of you would know our situation and sit tight and see what comes of it. Iwill tell you know by this time next week we will know alot more about the team that we will have just relax a little and let kenny do his thing.

Sorry to say but anyone who is considering spiltting allegiance isn't a real Sox fan plain as that. Trust me all of us are frustrated by the lack of moves done by our beloved Sox and the fact that they haven't really tried to keep some of their own FA. Come on though, last year what major moves did the sox make before the winter meetings???? If i recall correctly none, I'm so tired of listening to everyone whinning about oh were not doing anything blah blah blah. KWHas always done whatever he can to try and put a good product on the field somtimes it just takes time. We do not have the revenue of the Yankkes, redsox or scrubs to be out there trying to buy up all the talent right out of the gate instead we have very limited resources to spend very wisely lets just wait and see what happens instead of jumping ship. If you must jump ship then go ahead we dont need to have fans like you. Sox fans are the smartest fans out there and that being said I would think that all of you would know our situation and sit tight and see what comes of it. Iwill tell you know by this time next week we will know alot more about the team that we will have just relax a little and let kenny do his thing.

Godfather,

Couple of things you might not know. I live in Texas so having a "local" team just makes sense. I've been a Sox fan for over 40 years despite being born on the north side (Ravenswood Hospital) and growing up in Lake County.

As far as jumping ship, I'm not certain what I wrote that has you believing I'm jumping ship. I was merely looking for a second team, a NL team, to cheer as well. This is mostly Ranger country but that would hit too close to my heart because when they play the Sox I make the 12 hour drive to catch a couple games and cheer the Sox.

I am secure in my Sox loyalty and can dance with another when the music is right, but will always go home with the Sox.

I will also continue to cheer the Edinburg Roadrunners.

That was more of a rant directed towards those of you who feel that they no longer can support the team the " Love " not directed at any one person.

no problem. just wanted to explain. I didn't want my Sox cred to suffer, I have too much emotional investment already.

I used to have a "second favorite". For those who do have a "second favorite", do you genuinely love/care if they went all the way?  Would you be euphoric, like we would be if the Sox took it all?    I thought about that, and realized that I can't care about anyone else.

By the time the WS rolls around most people have a team they are pulling for. If it happened to be my new #2 the Astros I would be even more excited. Would it compare to a chest thumping, I can't take any more of this, parade down Michigan avenue, stuff for my walls, memorize every stat for every player, Sox win? sure

By the time the WS rolls around most people have a team they are pulling for. If it happened to be my new #2 the Astros I would be even more excited. Would it compare to a chest thumping, I can't take any more of this, parade down Michigan avenue, stuff for my walls, memorize every stat for every player, Sox win? sure

I'm in Cardinal country here. You root for the 'Stros and I'll pull for the Cards and maybe, between the two of us, we can keep the Cubs out of the playoffs.

But, before anyone gets nutso on me here, my heart will ALWAYS be with the White Sox.