WHAAAAAAAAAAATTTTTT!

BrandoFan

Cause I do. I've known Sidney for 5 years. There is nothing wrong with his arm... from HIS mouth.

Like I said, just my opinion. You are simply relaying what someone else told you, even if it was Sidney himself. I just found out I don't have an ACL in my right knee, but my knee feels fine. It was discovered through a routine physical. Unless you are his doctor or have seen the MRI, you don't have a clue about Sidney Ponson's labrum. I understand he would have no reason to lie to you, but this is something ballplayers don't go around sharing with everyone. It could possible jeapordize his career and future earnings.

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Like I said, just my opinion.  You are simply relaying what someone else told you, even if it was Sidney himself.  I just found out I don't have an ACL in my right knee, but my knee feels fine.  It was discovered through a routine physical.  Unless you are his doctor or have seen the MRI, you don't have a clue about Sidney Ponson's labrum.  I understand he would have no reason to lie to you, but this is something ballplayers don't go around sharing with everyone.  It could possible jeapordize his career and future earnings.

Sigh.. his mom is a liar, his sisters.. everyone is a liar!!! :rolleyes:

Do you think Baltimore wouldn't know..? Or that San Fran didn't check him out BEFORE trading for him.. since they were in the playoffs why on earth would they want someone with a labrum issue...??

Sheesh... where's the grief when we repeat something Mark's dad told us..? :lolhitting

Dopn't bother responding to me. I have no desire to banter with someone who has nothing better to do than call me a liar.

Sigh.. his mom is a liar, his sisters.. everyone is a liar!!!  :rolleyes:

Sheesh... where's the grief when we repeat something Mark's dad told us..? :lolhitting

Dopn't bother responding to me. I have no desire to banter with someone who has nothing better to do than call me a liar.

It really seems to me that he is just looking to start something. We all have made posts where it seems we are pretty sure in the past. I just see no need for this stuff.

The way I see it, The Sox signed a pitcher who reminds me of a young andy Pettitte. For far less money than Pettitte just signed for.... Buehrle's numbers compare very favorably to pettitte... The real reaon Pettite is getting more is the post season victories and NY factor.

I love this signing, It says to MB that we are committed to him for the near future and the kid can go out there and just pitch. Plus the Kid is only going to be 25 on opening day. He still has tons of upside, as he continues to figure out how to pitch to big league batters.

Further comparing Pettite and MB, MB had easily his worst season last year, and still posted a 4.14 ERA, Pettite on the other hand, who's now getting 31.5MIL over the next 3 years, Posted only a marginally better 4.02 ERA, Yielding 21 wins. MB's real trouble was in the beginning of the year his inabilty to pick up his teammates when they committed and error. He had a carreer hign 18 unearned runs score. This was largely the problem over the early winless streak.

So overall I think the sox have great value in MB for the next 3 years and possibly 4. In any case, Kudos to the White Sox front office for FINALLY treating this kid right. I'm putting an authentic MB jersey on my Christmas list as we speak.

Well at least now the Buerhle to St. Luis rumors can stop for a while. He's only gonna earn $3.5 mill in 2004 which really is a bargain considerin the type of pitcher he is and should be if he returns back to his 2001 and 2002 form. There's gotta be a deal in the works though, cos we must be over budget now with this contract extension.

Look at this from Rob Neyer's new column on ESPN.com,

Let's put it this way: Mark Buehrle just signed a new three-year deal with the White Sox for roughly half the money Pettitte got ... and Buehrle's a better pitcher.

You don't believe it? Below are innings and ERA+ for both Buehrle and Pettitte

Buehrle 2001 2002 2003

Innings 221 239 230

ERA+ 140 129 108

Pettitte 2001 2002 2003

Innings 201 135 208

ERA+ 112 134 109

Buehrle's better and he'll give more innings, at least if history's any sort of guide. And yet he's not making nearly as much money as Pettitte, merely because he happens to pitch for the wrong team.

buehrle's a better pitcher in the season, It's yet to be seen if MB is a real "Gamer" like Pettitte is. Pettitte has a 14-4 post season record, and a 4-1 WS record (even though his Post season ERA is markedly higher than his career ERA). Until MB really shuts down good teams in BIG games he's going to make less money.

Pettite had the added advantage of having the Yankees to bid agaisnt.. That significantly raises his market value.

buehrle's a better pitcher in the season, It's yet to be seen if MB is a real "Gamer" like Pettitte is. Pettitte has a 14-4 post season record, and a 4-1 WS record (even though his Post season ERA is markedly higher than his career ERA).  Until MB really shuts down good teams in BIG games he's going to make less money.

Pettite had the added advantage of having the Yankees to bid agaisnt..  That significantly raises his market value.

The key is now I still don't think the Astros r gonna make the postseason afta losing Wagner, and with all da moves da Cubs and Cards r makin.

Anyone notice this deal was done when KW was out of town, at the Winter Meetings? I'm borrowing this bit of information from Ncorgbl from the MLB boards. I hope he doesn't mind.

You all know KW was lowballing MB with bad deals, now that he is in New Orleans, JR, or whomever, does the deal.

KW needs to go.

Anyone notice this deal was done when KW was out of town, at the Winter Meetings? I'm borrowing this bit of information from Ncorgbl from the MLB boards. I hope he doesn't mind.

You all know KW was lowballing MB with bad deals, now that he is in New Orleans, JR, or whomever, does the deal.

KW needs to go.

Backstabbin in the Chicago White Sox Organisation. I saw Rick Hahn made the announcement not KW, but I wouldn't take it for much.

Glad to see they took care of MB 3 years 18mil isnt all that bad. There may be a trade in the works since were so straped for cash it only make sense that a trade is upon us soon maybe the long rumored dodgers trade will fall through.

Hell yes. Burhle was one that I was worried about. Thank god they are doing the right thing and keeping him.

KW needs to go.

Rick Hahn has been negotiating this contract from day one. KW even states that Hahn's committment paid off or something like that. Hahn deals with most contract extension from what I've read.