Thomas

TheHawk

KW already said something along the line of "I'd like to keep my job for next season" when asked whether he considered dealing Thomas in the Brown/Weaver deal.

I just heard that on the news too. Why would KW even think of that trade? It would make no sense. Yeah, we might get a little extra cash but Weaver's ERA is around 92.00.

I wouldn't be against a Konerko for Weaver deal as long as those cash considerations (ie the 3 mill) came to the Sox, if not a little bit more cash.

In this situation the Sox would actually save a little money and would add a pitcher that just a year ago had an ERA under 4.

i heard on the radio and from my friend in the sox organazation that its a consideration for  thomas to be involved in the brown/weaver trade

(Trying to refrain from calling him a dumbass)

That won't happen. When was the last time a team traded its best player ever and best hitter from the previous season for a minor league pitcher who also happens to be a headcase and also happens to hate the team he is going to more then anything and wouldn't sign with them out of the draft, who ALSO happens to be due $15.5 mill, including $9.5 mill in '05, over the next two seasons? Yeah, that's what I thought. Not only would we be getting f***ed over as far as talent and everything else is concerned, but we would be getting f***ed financially too.

Not even KW is that stupid.

So tell your friend in the White Sox organization to not lie to you next time, because he's a terrible liar. The only way I would ever consider that deal is if they throw in Dave Roberts, Edwin Jackson, Hanrahan, and Mota, because that is exactly how bad Weaver really is.

In my opinion, if Weaver had signed with us when we drafted him, Sox brass would have grown tired of his bulls*** and sent him packing within a year or two of his MLB debut. A lot of people used to downplay his crappy win-loss record by chalking it up to the fact that he pitched for the Tigers, but now the world knows the truth - he sucks.

He likes to toke the wacky weed, though. Maybe he should quit baseball and sign with the Portland TrailBlazers.

Guest williestokes

Why is this organization even vaguely interested in Weaver? Dont you think that after the 2000 brawl hes probably not fond of this team? And then theres his ERA. 5.99! So were gonna give up Frank Thomas, a future HOFer, for a guy with a 5.99 ERA? KWs darn right hell lose his job if he does this. However, I am confident that this ludicrous trade wont take place...