arod for manny

hi8is

was just watching around the horn on ESPN and they said that this deal might go down in the next few hours

looks like nomar is gonna then be shipped to the dodgers

who knows that that deal will look like, but the dodgers might give up what we want to boston and boston might flip them our way for lee or maggs.... just a guess on my part

the point of this post.... is... look for the arod/manny deal to go down soon.... as ESPN said within a few hours.... on the texas MLB site... an artilce was posted that they have placed a week deadline on the trade talks.... so, looks like it will go down some time soon.... if that means a few hours like ESPN says, or within 1 week... who knows

do you guys think that something like a nomar to dodgers, dodgers players to boston for lee or maggs will go down?

looks like it to me

Here's my take.

Texas-Boston trade goes down,  Nomar heads to LA. And the White Sox are left looking like fools once again.

However I was reading that the O's are waiting for Vlad to drop his price, so maybe there is an option with that.

Red Sox would probably then enter the market for Magglio, although thats pure speculation and they would be bidding with Seattle (the one left out). With Boston in the hunt, then the Yanks would probably get involved as well.

Technically they could still add another outfielder and move Bernie to DH (Play Matsui in cf, Maggs in rf, Sheffield in lf) and since Nick Johnson isn't there thats a definate possibility if the Yanks are in fact scared that the BoSox would land Magglio.

Red Sox would probably then enter the market for Magglio, although thats pure speculation and they would be bidding with Seattle (the one left out).  With Boston in the hunt, then the Yanks would probably get involved as well. 

Technically they could still add another outfielder and move Bernie to DH (Play Matsui in cf, Maggs in rf, Sheffield in lf) and since Nick Johnson isn't there thats a definate possibility if the Yanks are in fact scared that the BoSox would land Magglio.

interesting, perhaps we could still end up getting soriano to play 2b and platoon willie and rowand in center.

although i think i would rather have nomah and unfrozen caveman centerfielder for maggs + minor leaguers.

interesting, perhaps we could still end up getting soriano to play 2b and platoon willie and rowand in center.

although i think i would rather have nomah and unfrozen caveman centerfielder for maggs + minor leaguers.

I'd acquire Nomar...swing a deal for Randy Wynn (Using Jose Valentin)..play Harris at 2nd base, Uribe ast he backup and then swing your deal for Carl Everett for cheap.

With Nomar acquired, the Sox now have a lot of lee-way to make a deal with the Dodgers for Paul Konerko...since Nomar and Magglio would both be off the market.

In the Nomar trade, I'd ask for Williamson to come along with Nomar for Magglio.

Move Konerko for Odalis Perez (Make a push for Raffy) to replace him. The problem is the Sox still need one pitcher. And I'd try to force the BoSox to take on Koch's contract, but I don't know if they'll bite on something like that. If they did, then you could go out and sign another pitcher.

Either way the Sox would save roughly .5 mill and they would have Randy Wynn, Carl Everett, Odalis Perez, Scott Williamson, and Nomar Garciapara. They'd have 4 strong starters, but I'd still say they would need to pick up a 5th.

Who knows...but to do something like this...the Sox would need a 65 mill payroll so they could sign a 5th starter and raffy to play first.

the Sox wont get Nomar... hes goin to LA... and I think thats gonna leave us with nothing... but I mean Maggs is still good to have, we could have just had more flexability with moving him to LA not to mention getting some top prospects

It could be argued that our relative inactivity during the offseason is directly related to this trade. Thus adding validity to the likelyhood that this deal will get done. We obviously have moves that need to be made. KW has been on the lookout for the best deal for this team ever since the season ended in September. KW may just turn out to be smarter than alot of us have given him credit for. It's not always the deals you make, but the deals you don't make.

I think we have a few deals lined up that are a possiblity, but are contingent on what happens with the Manny/Arod thing...

So far this off-season NY and Boston have obviosly been the key players. But I think that during the second-half(we always seem to be a second half team), after the 20th & Arod/manny, we will have the biggest part to play for the rest of the off-season.

So I'm just hoping Hart & Esptien and thier respective owners can come together on a deal-- so that we can get to doing SOMETHING.

I really hope that this deal DOESN'T go through, because in all likelyhood it would take away the main suitor for Maggs in LA(its a pretty safe bet that they would get Nomar instead). That leaves the Sox with very few options. Seattle would still be a possibility, but talks have cooled between the two teams after Seattle reported turned down a Garcia and Soriano for Maggs deal. Anaheim just took themselves off the market by signing Guillen. The Yankees got their power hitting corner outfielder in Sheffield, and appear more focused on getting a solid defensive 2B/CF that can leadoff. Baltimore might have some interest if they lose out on Guerrero, but you have to realize that the same teams after Maggs would probably turn their attention to Guerrero if that happens, which would leave Baltimore as the only possible option and could force an unfair deal. The sleeper might be Boston if the ARod and Nomar deals go down, however, I don't know if they will have the financial flexibility to take on Maggs's contract. Furthermore, they really don't have much that they would be willing to give up that would interest the Sox. Their minor league system/young major league talent is almost dry. The one guy that I would love to see the Sox get in return would be Trot Nixon(there are some rumors floating around that he could be available), but I don't see why the Red Sox would give him up to get Maggs. The point that I am trying to make is that IF the ARod deal goes down, than I think it will only have negative implications from a Sox standpoint, and might make them desperate to move salary and get less then fair value in return for a player like Maggs, especially if one of the main suitors is no longer interested. I am hoping and prying that this deal doesn't go through from the Sox standpoint.