Mo Vaughn

Steff

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Too bad for Mets Management . They spend all this $ on big time FAs (vaughn, alomar) made fans belive they had a hell of a team ( I thought they did two) and believed they could of went back to the world series, and it turned out to be a living nightmare.

Hmm Tom Glavine comes to mind from the Mets, he was neva gonna hav much success leavin Atlanta in my opinion.

Why? Did he forget how to pitch? The point is, when you sign someone with a proven track record, that doesn't gaurentee you anything. Or ... was that another thread. *shrug*

I think DBAH0 took your above response as a question, instead of an anecdote.

That I did, my mistake. But yeah the Mets hav signed lots of players past their prime and it certainly hasn't paid off. Mike Piazza is another name that comes to mind.

That I did, my mistake. But yeah the Mets hav signed lots of players past their prime and it certainly hasn't paid off. Mike Piazza is another name that comes to mind.

Piazza worked out well for him at the beginning of his stay in NY. He's getting old now. Which is why I hope the Sox never sign anyone to a 7 or 8 year deal. Way too risky. (thinking that Vlad is asking for 7 years and 105 Mill)

Piazza worked out well for him at the beginning of his stay in NY.  He's getting old now.  Which is why I hope the Sox never sign anyone to a 7 or 8 year deal.  Way too risky.  (thinking that Vlad is asking for 7 years and 105 Mill)

The only player I would sign to a 7 or 8 year deal in Baseball at the moment is Albert Pujols. He's only 23 and will still be in his prime when that contract finishes. Offerin that length of a deal to a pitcher is WAY to risky as he's not gonna be healthy throughout his deal or he could struggle e.g Mike Hampton.

I read that Mo needs knee replacement surgery. I would imagine he is done.

The ticker on ESPN during the Canes ( :headbang ) game yesterday said he has arthritus in his knee. I can tell you from experience arthritus in the knee is a b**** and a half.

• 3 weeks later...