IM gettin a car

Be Good

congrats man. I got my first car last summer, a few months after i got my license. My dad was getting a new one so he sold me his '99 Grand Am w/ 100, 000 miles on it for 1500. Not too shabby, but insurance sux.

I'm in the middle of deciding whether to spend 1000 bucks for repair (clutch, tires, etc) or just buy a newer car.

I've got an 95 VW golf...it rocks, but it's got 115K on it.

I'm thinking '01 Xterra or ford escape.

If I'm spending $$$ for repairs, I might as well put money down on a vehicle and trade my car, which I own, in...

thoughts? on the choices of cars or the idea?

I think Xterras are pretty cool. I don't know how good they run, but they are definately cool looking cars and can do a lot of things. I'm a big SUV fan. Another suggestion could be a used Durango. Resale on Dodges stink, but you could probably get a real nice one, used for a very reasonable price. Of course mileage would stink.

I'm assuming your looking at SUV's?

BEGOOD; my standard warning to every young driver. The #1 way you can die before reaching adulthood hood is in a car. It isn't worth dieing to drive fast, sweerve between lanes, peel out, and I won't even mention the drinking and driving thing.

I'm in the middle of deciding whether to spend 1000 bucks for repair (clutch, tires, etc) or just buy a newer car.

I've got an 95 VW golf...it rocks, but it's got 115K on it.

I'm thinking '01 Xterra or ford escape.

If I'm spending $$$ for repairs, I might as well put money down on a vehicle and trade my car, which I own, in...

thoughts? on the choices of cars or the idea?

Buy a new one.

Check out the Montero Sport.