New White/Red Sox Trade Rumor

southpaw40

If this deal goes down the Sox will win the division, they have to.  This would have to much talent to fail.  They would be legs up, the best team in the division in all aspects of baseball.  They would have a better offense, better starters and relivers.  Hope this goes down, although I give a 10% chance of it happening.  But, Kenny Williams always comes up big somehow.

We were the same way last year too, in fact, we were better last year.

How far did that get us? :rolleyes:

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd be absolutely stunned if this deal was done.

Then again, I'd be practically stunned by ANY deal bringing a proven major-leaguer to the Sox.

There is no reason to think that this or any other deal will be made.

Unfortunately, I believe that the Sox are going to patch their roster up with bargain-basement nothings that nobody else wants.

I really really REALLY hope I'm wrong.

And I would LOVE this Boston deal - one more reason it won't happen.

Getting Garciaparra AND getting rid of E6? Too much to even dream about.

( and yes I know Nomar made more errors than Valentin, I just really dislike E6, always have - he grates on my nerves... )

For what it's worth, there's a post at WSI that a new trade between the two teams is being discussed. Says we get Nomar, Trot Nixon and a minor league player, they get Maggs, Valentin, and a minor leaguer. The level of minor leaguers included depends on whether KW can get Nomar to agree to a contract extention.

Now, I know a lot are gonna say "anybody can start a rumor",  and that just might be the case here, but this guy DID have information about the previous possible trade before anyone else.  He says he has a source in the Bosox organization, if I understand correctly.

Just a FYI and for discussion purposes.

Why in the Hell do you guys even waste your time at WSI??? Please don't post any crap posted over there cause it's all bulls***. How many times have we gone over the same s***. Don't belive s*** at WSI :bang :bang :bang :bang :bang

Why in the Hell do you guys even waste your time at WSI??? Please don't post any crap posted over there cause it's all bulls***. How many times have we gone over the same s***. Don't belive s*** at WSI :bang  :bang  :bang  :bang  :bang

Sorry sir, I missed the part where you get to tell everyone what to post :P

I disagree, Trot Nixon is a better hitter then Jose, I'd personally rather have Nomar and Nixon over Maggs and Jose, plus the fact that we would get a very solid reliever, then I believe we'd be in pretty good shape in the s***ty al central, and then probably be one good starter away from being a pretty good team.

IF this rumor is valid...you would think you'd have to trade Nomar (to LA?) as well. If JR won't/can't sign Magglio to a long term big $ deal, he sure as hell won't sign Nomar either!

I'd send Nomar to LA for Izturis (your SS for the present/future) and those prospects we keep hearing about.

That's just my opinion...I could be wrong!

Why in the Hell do you guys even waste your time at WSI??? Please don't post any crap posted over there cause it's all bulls***. How many times have we gone over the same s***. Don't belive s*** at WSI :bang  :bang  :bang  :bang  :bang

Yikes.. who pissed in your Cheerios..?

Here's a suggestion... don't read things about, and that come from, WSI if it bothers you so badly.

WSI has just as many reliable people and just as many s***-talkers as Soxtalk does.

It's a decent board, but I prefer the layout and people here, AND the fact that swear words don't get edited :D , so I post here much more.

And for the record, I don't believe ANY rumor - I can discuss it and have fun with it, but I wait to see what actually happens before I react seriously.

Yikes.. who pissed in your Cheerios..?

Here's a suggestion... don't read things about, and that come from, WSI if it bothers you so badly.

No one Pissed on my Cherrios DUH!! But i think it's sooooo Dumb that People pay attention to Rumors from WSI. It's ok to post them I guess they give me a good Chuckle but sheesh. It like some here just go bonkers about those rumors that aren't even close to a possibilty on being true.

And I said not to post them for the boards sake cause there baloney, but hey it's a free country do as you please ;)

No one Pissed on my Cherrios DUH!! But i think it's sooooo Dumb that People pay attention to Rumors from WSI. It's ok to post them I guess they give me a good Chuckle but sheesh. It like some here just go bonkers about those rumors that aren't even close to a possibilty on being true.

And I said not to post them for the boards sake cause there baloney, but hey it's a free country do as you please  ;)

i would agree with you, but I do remember this same guy tell us about the Magglio/Nomar Deal the night BEFORE espn announced it.

IMO I would really doubt that this is anything more then a rumor. There is no way that Boston will give up Nomar, Nixon, and Williamson or williams whatever his name is for Maggs, Blose, and a minor leaguer. With that being said I would like to see it happen and the sox to pony up the cash to keep Nomar. With Nixon taking maggs spot in the outfield we wouldnt really be losing much production from RF cause Nixon is a very good player. But this will never happen so its pointless to even get excited about this cause it will NEVER happen.

Albert Pujols, Aubrey Huff, Barry Zito, Mark Mulder...those type of players. Guys that the Sox would have for years and wouldn't make too much money.

I am excited to have Reed in the outfield this year or next year. He's going to be a very good player. I see him as a Darrin Erstad like player, but hopefully he stays healthier and because of that consistently hits around .300. He'll have some pop (15-20 hrs) and will steal 20 or so steals and play above average defense.

I am excited to have Reed in the outfield this year or next year.  He's going to be a very good player.  I see him as a Darrin Erstad like player, but hopefully he stays healthier and because of that consistently hits around .300.  He'll have some pop (15-20 hrs) and will steal 20 or so steals and play above average defense.

I am happy he's here too. I don't think that KW would trade his best prospect for any team. (i'm sure alot of teams would want this stud.) I hope he dosen't turn into darrin erstad. (too injury-prone) didn't scouts compare him with kotsay? I can see reed hitting with some pop and drawing alot of walks when he gets up here. I hope he makes a good impression this year in spring training.

And I said not to post them for the boards sake cause there baloney, but hey it's a free country do as you please  ;)

Let me tell you what I think is sooooo dumb: for someone to assume what everyone wants to see posted!

It was mentioned that the post was merely a FYI and for discussion purposes, and I don't believe I know the things which "are for the boards sake" and those which aren't. Please enlighten me.

Close to being true or not, it's an interesting scenario, one which was brought to our attention by someone who in the past has seemed to know what he was talking about.

"It's a free country, do as you please", but you've been given pretty sound adivce: ;) if it bothers you, don't read it! ;)

I'd send Nomar to LA for Izturis (your SS for the present/future) and those prospects we keep hearing about.

Sorry, I had to comment on this. Izturis absolutely blows. He can't hit for s***. I would rather see Jose playing shortstop for the Sox until he's 50 and they're both retired than see Izturis as our everyday shortstop for the forseeable future. If people are b****ing and moaning about Harris at second, I'd hate to hear what they have to say about a DP combo of him and "Mr .590 Career OPS" Izturis. His OBP the last two seasons was .253 and .282! That's OBP, not batting average! This guy is like Rafael Belliard except without the defense, power and contact skills.

OK, I'm better now. Glad to get that out of my system...I just hate to see rumors with Izturis mentioned in them.

Oh, and at this point I would trade Reed for any number of young pitchers who have proven themselves over two or more seasons because:

1) Who knows if Reed will pan out? It looks as if he will, but there are no givens in baseball.

2) A consistent, young top of the rotation pitcher is harder to find than a young outfielder who hits for average. Especially since the Sox have Anderson and Sweeney (their two top picks of the last draft) both in the outfield.