NCAA hoops thread

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ford probably deserves it. Look at the list he was going up against though. I guess the Big 12 is that bad.

Really as a confrence, the Big 12 has gotten good at basketball in the last 10 years or so. They would always have an elite team or two, and then just crap for the rest of the teams. You gotta remember the Big 12 came from the old Big 8 which was basically a football confrence, combined with some of the old SWAC which was another football confrence. They have had some stars here and there, but nothing like the rest of the major confrences such as the Big 10, ACC, SEC, Big East and PAC10

U of L smashes Cincy, they'll be a top 3 team come season's end.

Then when Telfair comes in next season and Ellis Myles returning from his knee injury and Dean and Garcia returning, preseason No.1 next year.

The Rick Pitino effect builds... His second season with a team is always a big one. With a weak field this year, a tourney run isn't out of the question.

LOUISVILLE, Ky. (AP) -- Taquan Dean scored 21 points and Francisco Garcia added 19 for No. 5 Louisville in a 93-66 victory over sixth-ranked and previously unbeaten Cincinnati on Wednesday night, the Cardinals' 14th straight victory.

Luke Whitehead had 18 points and eight rebounds as the Cardinals (14-1, 5-0 Conference USA) beat the Bearcats for the fourth time in the last six meetings.

Dean went 7-of-14 from the field, including 5-of-10 from 3-point range despite playing with a pulled groin.

OK thread is bumped...

I am not feeling too bad about my Final Four, except for MSU.  I have a feeling they make the tourney based on SOS, but lose quickly.

Nah they'll go the other route... barely get in... One of the last teams into the tourney, a 10-12 seed... and make a run to the sweet 16.

My predictions look fairly good... the one team I really missed out on i think was Stanford.. They are going to be a force.