NCAA hoops thread

That is so sad.  With the teams in this state, there should be at least 3 teams in.  It is pathetic when either Valpo who has lost 12 games, or IUPUI who has been D1 for 2 or 3 years now, is going to be our only rep.

At least Valpo will finally get some press, for being the only Indiana team, when they go. They even mentioned their game on PTI a few minutes ago! Also, the Valpo women are in as they beat Oral this afternoon. VU is representin! Watch the game tonight, (6:00 on ESPN 2) it will surely be great as VU and IUPUI are rivals.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Damn what a great MidCon game.  IUPUI had Valpo down big early, but Valpo has rallied all of the way back to tie it, and there are less than 4 minutes to go.

Damn right!!!!!! Valpo just took the lead. My friend is down there in KC to see the game. I envy him. Now Bradley is hurt for IUPUI which gives VU a huge advantage. He was the Mid-Con Player of the year if you didn't know.

Very nice!! Congrats on Valparaiso's 7th appearance in the tourney. I just got back from baseball, I only got to see the end. I was glad to see IUPUI won their game last night to make this a win-win for the state of Indiana. Hopefully the unthinkable happens, and IU, Purdue, or ND does end up joining you after all by pulling off conference tournament victories.

It would be cool if ND and either IU or Purdue could go on a run and make it 3 IN teams, but I doubt it.  The only one of the three that has shown enough guts to do that is ND and they are so bad up front, they won't make it.

I hate to be a bid hog, but I'd prefer that no other IN team made it. Just based on the fact that it would make a good storyline for VU being the only team from IN in the big dance. I don't like Purdue that much and IU is just ok in my book, but I do like ND, so seeing the Irish go wouldn't be too bad.

I hate to be a bid hog, but I'd prefer that no other IN team made it. Just based on the fact that it would make a good storyline for VU being the only team from IN in the big dance. I don't like Purdue that much and IU is just ok in my book, but I do like ND, so seeing the Irish go wouldn't be too bad.

It'd be a great storyline for maybe Valpo, but do you know how much this state's going to get dogged this year? IU, PU, and ND all are big disappointments this year, and we're already going to have to hear how superior the ACC is to the Big Ten, now that the Big Ten will have like nobody in the tourney..... :unsure:

It'd be a great storyline for maybe Valpo, but do you know how much this state's going to get dogged this year?  IU, PU, and ND all are big disappointments this year, and we're already going to have to hear how superior the ACC is to the Big Ten, now that the Big Ten will have like nobody in the tourney..... :unsure:

I understand where you are coming from. But, I am a true Valpo fan, not any other college basketball team. Nor am I a big fan of the Big Ten. I wouldn't mind if another Indiana team made it, but it would be nice for Valpo to get some publicity. If they wouldn't get any national recognition for this then I would like to see the Notre Dame's and the IU's in the tourny.

What a great game between the Uni of Milwaukee-Wisconsin and Uni of Illinois-Chicago....UIC hits a late basket to take the lead at 64-62, and steals the ball on UWM's opportunity w/ 5.7 seconds left. UIC makes one of two free throws after getting fouled, and they win the game 65-62.

UIC pulls off an upset in the Horizon League Championship, and gets their 3rd bid to the NCAA tourney.

What a great game between the Uni of Milwaukee-Wisconsin and Uni of Illinois-Chicago....UIC hits a late basket to take the lead at 64-62, and steals the ball on UWM's opportunity w/ 5.7 seconds left.  UIC makes one of two free throws after getting fouled, and they win the game 65-62.

UIC pulls off an upset in the Horizon League Championship, and gets their 3rd bid to the NCAA tourney.

f*** Bruce Pearl. Way to go Jimmy and the Flames. :headbang

What a great game between the Uni of Milwaukee-Wisconsin and Uni of Illinois-Chicago....UIC hits a late basket to take the lead at 64-62, and steals the ball on UWM's opportunity w/ 5.7 seconds left.  UIC makes one of two free throws after getting fouled, and they win the game 65-62.

GREAT f***ING GAME!!!!! Flames end the season with a 24-7 record. I will celebrate this win for another week until we lose first round in the tournament. Until then......

:headbang :cheers :headbang :cheers

GREAT f***ING GAME!!!!!  Flames end the season with a 24-7 record. I will celebrate this win for another week until we lose first round in the tournament. Until then......

:headbang  :cheers :headbang :cheers

I wouldn't be so sure of that, they're playing really well right now, they could pull an upset in the first round, but anyways that game almost gave me a heartattack, but I'm so f***in happy right now, I can't even explain. :headbang :headbang :headbang :headbang :headbang :headbang

GREAT f***ING GAME!!!!!  Flames end the season with a 24-7 record. I will celebrate this win for another week until we lose first round in the tournament. Until then......

:headbang  :cheers :headbang :cheers

You guys have a good team but will be hard pressed to pull off an upset in the first round. You never know though.

I just love seeing Bruce Pearl getting beat. Almost gives me as much satisfaction as an Illini win. After hearing all about the Deon Thomas recruiting scandal in the early 90s I can't stand the guy. And I love that Jimmy Collins won't shake his hand.

Just thinking here, but Illinois could play Illinois-Chicago if they can pull off a 3 seed.  And then play Kansas maybe in the 2nd round?  Wouldnt that be fun?  Hopefully in Milwaukee though, and not Kansas City.

no regular season rematches in the opening round i believe but i could be waaaaaaaaay off

It would be cool if ND and either IU or Purdue could go on a run and make it 3 IN teams, but I doubt it.  The only one of the three that has shown enough guts to do that is ND and they are so bad up front, they won't make it.

You Indiana fans better be worried. ND tied with WV with two minutes to go in the game. ND loses and its NIT.