NCAA hoops thread

Funny little article about basketball fans in the state of Indiana....

Basketball Diaries

I wonder if Greasy is watching the Illini/Hoosier game at school....

I just want to say that I LOVE COLLEGE BBALL.... And the fact that this is my last semester at DeVry, and only have 3 classes this term, so I get to watch 11 hours of b-ball thursday-sunday for the next 3 weeks! Its gonna suck when i get a job once i graduate! :lol:

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just want to say that I LOVE COLLEGE BBALL.... And the fact that this is my last semester at DeVry, and only have 3 classes this term, so I get to watch 11 hours of b-ball thursday-sunday for the next 3 weeks!  Its gonna suck when i get a job once i graduate! :lol:

same here :headbang

NU vs. MSU tonight! NU is looking to lock up a spot in the NIT with a win and trying to keep the ever so slim tourney hopes alive (I'm referring to the automatic bid). Meanwhile, Jerry Palm's (collegerpi.com) projected bracket as MSU as one of the last four in the tourney. So they need the win too.

:bringit Steve

I just want to say that I LOVE COLLEGE BBALL.... And the fact that this is my last semester at DeVry, and only have 3 classes this term, so I get to watch 11 hours of b-ball thursday-sunday for the next 3 weeks!  Its gonna suck when i get a job once i graduate! :lol:

I was watching at school until we tied it w/ 5 to go. I didn't get to hear about the game until NOW, at 10 pm...that was torture! :lol: We had a pep rally, for our team going on to regionals, so I didn't get to see the conclusion of the game or anything.

I guess we just ended up falling short, basically how the whole season went. Congrats on moving on El Caballo, and all the other Illini fans.

NU vs. MSU tonight! NU is looking to lock up a spot in the NIT with a win and trying to keep the ever so slim tourney hopes alive (I'm referring to the automatic bid). Meanwhile, Jerry Palm's (collegerpi.com) projected bracket as MSU as one of the last four in the tourney. So they need the win too.

:bringit Steve

:lol:

There were some good close games on tonight. In the SEC, the Western Division has been completely eliminated. KY vs. So. Carolina and Vandy vs. Florida in the semi's.

And it's always good to see North Carolina fall, as well. :headbang

Just to increase the length of this thread --- It's nearing Hot chick length -- :o

I've beena fan of the big ten my whole life... But the level of basketball being played there this season can't even come close to compare with the ACC... I'm really enjoying the ACC tourney so far, even though I couldn't give two s***s abuot who wins...

/useless post.... 5 minutes til sox game

and the illini advance, 74-60 :)

Deron and Head has some nice high flying dunks, but man, that was a very boring game for how pumped i was to watch this game. Kinda disappointed that the Big 10 will only get 3 in, but hopefully they all do damage in the tourney. This Wisky/Mich St should be damn good.

Oh, side note, on cbs they have Powell with 2 points, thats pretty good for wearing street clothes the whole time, he must have snuck in when i wasnt looking. :)

Go illini!

The basketball today has sucked, big time. I'm kinda down right now anyway and there hasn't been any good games to get me excited. My high school lost on Wednesday and then NU loses on Friday. It's hard to lose them both in the same week. I'm not used to NU actually being good enough to be considered for postseason play, and then they lose in a poor showing. Now they are going nowhere. Ohhh, to have to wait another year.... :crying

There were some good close games on tonight.  In the SEC, the Western Division has been completely eliminated.  KY vs. So. Carolina and Vandy vs. Florida in the semi's.

And it's always good to see North Carolina fall, as well.  :headbang

Kentucky and Florida to match up in the SEC finals after both blew out their semifinal opponents.

Another great game going on in the PAC10 as Washington is trying to beat Stanford for the 2nd time, trailing the Cardinal by 6 with about 13 minutes to go.

Southsider- Are you going to the Valpo vs. Laporte regional championship tonight? I just thought you might be going since it's in MC. It's not college, but it should be a good game. Valpo is 21-2 and LP is 21-3. They both lost to each other once during the regualar season.