Butterfly Effect

danman31

Anybody planning on seeing it? I really want to see it. I just got a hunch on this movie. Kutcher is on Conan now. As much as I don't think Kutcher can pull that role off, it's possible. Thoughts?

Sidenote: for those of us Kristin Kreuk fans, she is Conan's next guest. :headbang :canada :notworthy

I may be speraking out of turn here, but may I remind you all that the following are raditionallyconsidered to be DEAD seasons in the Industry when all sorts of derivative, oft-delayed clankers are being foisted on the gullible public:

--January through mid-February

--Mid-August through September

Disclaimer: when it comes to real sucky flix and their seasonal release trend, there is small minority of movie buffs that subscribes to Mark Twain's famous breakdown of riskiest months for stock market trading....only in reverse order. ;)

A guy I went to college with moved out to LA after graduation, 2 years ago, and this movie is the first movie he got to work on. He told another guy I talk to still that people will be surprised as to how good the movie is gonna be. A lot more to it then what the previews let on.

I'll definetly judge for myself today or tomorrow.

Saw it yesterday guys and it was a good story and kept me interested. But Ashton Kutcher came nowhere near pulling of the role. This was supposed to be a serious movie and Ashton couldn't create a character who seemed to care or be serious. I don't think he has the ability right now to create a completely different role from the one he usually plays. One scene where he spends time in a prison is terribly performed by Kutcher. It seems almost as if Kutcher was trying to turn this movie into a comedy.

Nowhere near the calibre of a Donnie Darko film but nonetheless not a complete failure.

6/10

I really cant stand Ashton. It seems like he just has such a bad case of ADD, I just want to like shut him up. Saw him on Letterman a few weeks ago. Dave was giving him so much s*** about Demi, pretty funny stuff.

Speakin of Letterman, think the episode was last nite, did any1 see the Harvard girl in the audience and she said u can get in with 1 special talent. :lol:

Overall, I enjoyed it and got my money's worth, but the dialogue is ridiculous and has a lot of ill timed comedy when it is trying to be serious.

And I agree, Kutcher was a bad casting. I could see more of a lesser names person playing it and being better.

I wish Ashton Kutcher the same fate I have bestowed upon Ben Afflect and Jennifer Lopez. He can't act........and he's not funny. Ashton has even begun to drag down one of my favorite series: That 70's Show. I can only watch "Kelso" (Ashton's character) act like an idiot so many times before the routine runs itself into the ground.

Him and Britney Spears are two people I wish would go away.....FOR EVER. But thats wishful thinking because those two have dug themselves into the movie/music industry and will never leave.

I wish Ashton Kutcher the same fate I have bestowed upon Ben Afflect and Jennifer Lopez.  He can't act........and he's not funny.  Ashton has even begun to drag down one of my favorite series: That 70's Show.  I can only watch "Kelso" (Ashton's character) act like an idiot so many times before the routine runs itself into the ground. 

Him and Britney Spears are two people I wish would go away.....FOR EVER. But thats wishful thinking because those two have dug themselves into the movie/music industry and will never leave.

That has to be my favorite show too....I saw something the other day that next season will be their last.....Their contracts expire in May of 2005. :angry:

I would like to see this, I know one thing it has a lot of nudity and violence in it, because there is always security guards at the door of that movie, at my theatre.

The nudity and violence isn't worth paying for to see if that's the only thing you are looking for. There are other movies out these days that do the whole violence and or nudity thing much better. :D

The nudity and violence isn't worth paying for to see if that's the only thing you are looking for.  There are other movies out these days that do the whole violence and or nudity thing much better. :D

I know :D , it just adds to the movie :)

• 6 months later...

Just saw this on DVD and liked it enough to dig up the thread....

Anyone see it lately and have any thoughts on it?

One thing I did realize is that I saw the alternate ending rather than the theatrical ending, which I have heard is a lot different.

Just saw this on DVD and liked it enough to dig up the thread....

Anyone see it lately and have any thoughts on it?

One thing I did realize is that I saw the alternate ending rather than the theatrical ending, which I have heard is a lot different.

The theatrical ending is TONS better then the Alternate ending. That Infinifilm has a few extra scenes that lead to the alternate ending.....SPOILERS BELOW!!!!

There is a scene where Ashton sees a Psychic and the psychic tells him he has no life line and doesn't belong alive, his mom also tells him that he was a miracle cuz she had 3 miscarriages or still borns. Then the alternate ending is different as instead of the family film he watches when he meets Kayliegh, it is a video of his birth and he goes back and kills himself before he was born, making him another still born and showing us that the 3 previous miscarriages or still borns his mom had, most likely had the condition Evan had and ended up going back to when they were born and killing themselves. Kind of out there. Liked the theatrical ending MUCH better.

There is a scene where Ashton sees a Psychic and the psychic tells him he has no life line and doesn't belong alive, his mom also tells him that he was a miracle cuz she had 3 miscarriages or still borns. Then the alternate ending is different as instead of the family film he watches when he meets Kayliegh, it is a video of his birth and he goes back and kills himself before he was born, making him another still born and showing us that the 3 previous miscarriages or still borns his mom had, most likely had the condition Evan had and ended up going back to when they were born and killing themselves. Kind of out there. Liked the theatrical ending MUCH better.

So what's the overall gist of the regular ending, as I had a friend make me a copy of the film which turned out to be the alternate ending. My guess is that there were two versions on the disc and he ripped the alternate one. I'd love to see the theatrical ending, as I did think the ending I saw was quite bizarre indeed, but I still enjoyed the movie. Also helps that Amy Smart is super hot.... :wub:

So what's the overall gist of the regular ending, as I had a friend make me a copy of the film which turned out to be the alternate ending.  My guess is that there were two versions on the disc and he ripped the alternate one.  I'd love to see the theatrical ending, as I did think the ending I saw was quite bizarre indeed, but I still enjoyed the movie.  Also helps that Amy Smart is super hot.... :wub:

SPOILER alert! THEATRICAL ENDING!!!!!!

The above I posted is NOT in the theatrical ending and it ends where Evan breaks into that office and watched a home movie of him at a birthday party with Kayliegh as a kid. He walks up to her and tells her to "Stay Away from him or he would kill her and her entire family."

She runs away crying to her mom and when we come back, Evan is in his college room with Lenny and we see that in new memories, Kayliegh and Tommy go to live with their mom and never grow up with Lenny and Evan. They then burn the journals and movies.

The last few minutes is Evan walking in New York and he passes Kayliegh on the street. She glances at him but keeps on walking and they never meet.