Pudge Signs Contract

DonkeyKongerko

Even without I-Rod, Detroit beat our brains in last year. But I'm not worried - we now have Ozzie! :huh:

I will never refer to I-Rod as "Pudge." There's only one "Pudge," and he played half his career for the White Sox.

For the record, even if I-Rod DID agree to sign with the Tigers, I can't see him staying there. He'll probably get traded during the year - possibly back to the Marlins. He just won the World Series, and now he's going to play for one of the worst teams in baseball history? I just don't understand that at all. But I'm sure 10 million a year will cushion the blow.

Ha I don't think this move will really hurt us or anything.  Pudge won't be able to do a whole lot in that ballpark.  I'm kind of glad Detroit has at least something to start with though.

IRod is a line drive gap hitter. He'll do just fine in that park.

IRod is a line drive gap hitter.  He'll do just fine in that park.

Exactly. I would not be surprised that if he got an inside the park homer this year in all reality. Detroit's outfield is like triple city, and if a ball he hits bounces off the wall funny, he could get in standind up. Also, I could see him playing 140-150 games this year with the DH and all.

Even without I-Rod, Detroit beat our brains in last year.  But I'm not worried - we now have Ozzie! :huh:

I will never refer to I-Rod as "Pudge."  There's only one "Pudge," and he played half his career for the White Sox.

For the record, even if I-Rod DID agree to sign with the Tigers, I can't see him staying there.  He'll probably get traded during the year - possibly back to the Marlins.  He just won the World Series, and now he's going to play for one of the worst teams in baseball history?  I just don't understand that at all.  But I'm sure 10 million a year will cushion the blow.

Detroit is trying to get back to some level of respectability, with the signings of Vina, Rondell, Jason Johnson and I-Pudge. "I-Pudge" is a decent compromise, right? If I have to call Rodriguez "I-Rod", then I'll call Fisk "C-Fiss". This nickname controversy is just silly.

The Sox are still better than the Tigers, and should win the season series against them if they just play up to their capabilities and don't take the Tigers lightly. Not to say they will, but they should.

The White Sox have NO reason to take anyone lightly....ever.

Borass is the boil in baseball's ass that won't go away or heal.

He's a tool, and should be approached with nothing less than a pistol. He is one of the biggest reasons that free agency has turned to a dishonest lying process.

Someone find an antibiotic to kill that virus.

Borass is the boil in baseball's ass that won't go away or heal. 

He's a tool, and should be approached with nothing less than a pistol.  He is one of the biggest reasons that free agency has turned to a dishonest lying process. 

Someone find an antibiotic to kill that virus.

Greed is the biggest reason. It is just personified by Boras.

Hmmmm.  I wonder who will represent Detroit in the 2004 All Star game.

Fernando Vina. Once Bobby Higginson's contract comes of da books at the end of this season, they can sign 2 good starters with the money they'll save by not resignin him.