Will last years Cubs

Jordan4life_2007

I was just thinkin. Do you guys think the run the Cubs went on last year will MOTIVATE the Sox? Everybody knows about the rivarly between the 2 teams. I have to believe it bothered the White Sox players that they were home sittin on their ass's while the Cubs were makin a world series run...I mean the Cubs were basically AMERICA'S DARLINGS for that month. If i'm a White Sox player i'm f***in sick of the love and attention the Cubs get. If i'm a Sox player I wanna go out there and let the ENTIRE world know that there r TWO teams in Chicago. Let me know what you guys think...

I have to agree with Tony here. Being insanely pissed/jealous/whatever of the Cubs going deep in the playoffs is for the fans. A pro player should be upset when he's at home and ANY other team is still playing. Whether it's the Cubs, Marlins, Yankees, or whoever I think the players are jealous that they aren't there. All the players should be hungry this year after three seasons of failed expectations, no matter how the Cubs have done.

If i'm a White Sox player i'm f***in sick of the love and attention the Cubs get.  If i'm a Sox player I wanna go out there and let the ENTIRE world know that there r TWO teams in Chicago.  Let me know what you guys think...

And as a sox FAN, I'm sick and tired of posting about the cubs.. ;) But in all, I don't think it will motivate them. The sox have their own plan. To take it one game at a time is critical. When the cub rivalry comes, yes, the players want to beat them. But I don't think any of them would just pick up the paper to see what place the lovable losers are in. Tony I totally agree with your post. :bringit :fthecubs

I have to agree with Tony here.  Being insanely pissed/jealous/whatever of the Cubs going deep in the playoffs is for the fans.  A pro player should be upset when he's at home and ANY other team is still playing.  Whether it's the Cubs, Marlins, Yankees, or whoever I think the players are jealous that they aren't there.  All the players should be hungry this year after three seasons of failed expectations, no matter how the Cubs have done.

I see what you guys r sayin. But c'mon now. You guys no for a fact that the Sox get up to play the Cubs more then they do any other team. That includes the Twins, Yankees or whoever. I think it had to sting a lil bit more that it was the Cubs makin that run compared to if it was Houston or whatever. I mean this is enough of a CUBS town as it is.

I've gotta agree with tony too. Who really cares what the cubs did...

Once again the sox season will be decided in the first few weeks.

2000 --> Sox not predidcted to win division, Fast start, winning gets contagious, Sweep Yanks and Tribe on road, not that great in the second half, Playoffs

2001 --> Sox picked first, Wells aquisition, Slow Start, Frank gets hurt, out of reace early, one of the best teams in the second half

2002 --> Sox picked first, Ritchie aquisition, Slow start, Ritchie gets hurt, out of race early, one of the best teams in second half

2003 --> Sox picked first, Koch aquisition, slow start, Paulie's terrible, Koch's terrible, Frank bat's .267, one of the best teams in the second half,

2004 --> Sox not predicted to win division, Fast start?, winning gets contagious?, Sweep Twinkies in the bubble?, playoffs?

The Sox better not get up more for the Cubs than the Twins. I didnt see anything last season that told me that either. The Cubs-Sox games are GREAT for the fans, its awesome, but I dont think its anything specail for the players. They know its a good rivralry, but I dont think they get up for it more than the Twins.

Maybe it's just me. It just looks to me that against the Cubs they play to win. To where against the Twins they play not to lose. That could have somethin to do with the fact the Twins have been kickin our ass for the last 3 years...

Who cares about the Scrubs...as far as I'm concerned the Sox need to focus on having a good season and forget about the Scrubs and the hype they are going to get from the Cubune and the Scrub Times.

As long as we keep winning the Cross town series and have a good year, that's all we can ask for as Sox fans.

Who cares about the Scrubs...as far as I'm concerned the Sox need to focus on having a good season and forget about the Scrubs and the hype they are going to get from the Cubune and the Scrub Times.

As long as we keep winning the Cross town series and have a good year, that's all we can ask for as Sox fans.

Another good point. I for one just get sick and tired of the Cubs talk. I mean if u didn't know anything about baseball. You would think Chicago had 1 team. I just think it might atleast get on the nerves or some of our guys. Even though they might not come out and say it...I realize r guys have to be motivated anyway. I just think the Cubs gettin as close as they did will give them just a lil bit more. Just me though...

I was just thinkin.  Do you guys think the run the Cubs went on last year will MOTIVATE the Sox?  Everybody knows about the rivarly between the 2 teams.  I have to believe it bothered the White Sox players that they were home sittin on their ass's while the Cubs were makin a world series run...I mean the Cubs were basically AMERICA'S DARLINGS for that month.  If i'm a White Sox player i'm f***in sick of the love and attention the Cubs get.  If i'm a Sox player I wanna go out there and let the ENTIRE world know that there r TWO teams in Chicago.  Let me know what you guys think...

It would be really nice if they did. I cant stand seeing our guys play second fiddle to these chumps in this town.

Oh I forgot your new to the board. Green means sarcasm man. :) I'm only kidding dude. Welcome aboard :cheers

New?

Jordan, weren't you on last year, only with 2003 instead of 04? I'm sure one of the mods can add your post totals from your 03 name onto your 04 name, or some crazy magic s*** like that.

Talk to an admin/mod....or both.

Incorrect. All that this Sox fan can ask for is a world series championship. They can go 0-6 against the blue boys, just bring home the hardware .... ONCE!

New?

Jordan, weren't you on last year, only with 2003 instead of 04?  I'm sure one of the mods can add your post totals from your 03 name onto your 04 name, or some crazy magic s*** like that. 

Talk to an admin/mod....or both.

Do you want your old ID changed so that you can save your post numbers, Jordan?

I can fix you up if you like.

After watching the Cubs-Sox series over the last few years, it is obvious that the Sox play differently when playing the Cubs. The team certainly shows more intensity and the record against the Cubs versus other teams demonstrates the results of that increased intensity. Remember Jose mocking Sosa's home run trot?

I don' t think there is any question that Sox players notice the Cubs and how they have stolen the limelight in this town. It's too obvious to us and them.

I hope they can use the fact that the great majority of people in the Chicago area are only interested in the Cubs and increase their intensity against all of their opponents. :bringit

Completely and totally agree 100%.

That attitude should spill over to Sox fans as well, in my opinion.

Critic-

Why shouldn't the Sox get fired up about the Cubs taking over this city? I know most Sox fans are fired up about it.

If the Sox can put a chip on their shoulder and use it to whip up some intensity (which BTW they have been sorely lacking for several years) I say I hope they're as angry as most Sox fans are. :bringit

Critic-

Why shouldn't the Sox get fired up about the Cubs taking over this city?  I know most Sox fans are fired up about it.

If the Sox can put a chip on their shoulder and use it to whip up some intensity (which BTW they have been sorely lacking for several years) I say I hope they're as angry as most Sox fans are. :bringit

The problem is that the momentium they find going into those 2 weeks they quickly lose.

What I think the general theme of this thread is that the Sox should prepare and play with the intensity they do against the Cubs.. with everyone.

In the grand scheme of things.. who cares if we beat the Cubs if we lose to everyone else. :huh

Maybe it's just me, but I'd gladly take the ribbing from Cub fans everyday the rest of my life in losing the crosstown series to them for the chance to play ball in October.

Critic-

Why shouldn't the Sox get fired up about the Cubs taking over this city?  I know most Sox fans are fired up about it.

They should be professional enough to focus on their competition.

Their competition is not the Chicago Cubs.

They will never draw away loyal Cub fans and the people who go to whoever's winning will go to them if they play well and win.

Their competition is the AL Central - I'd GLADLY dump all 6 games to the Chicago NATIONAL LEAGUE team in exchange for an AMERICAN LEAGUE CENTRAL division championship.

"Bragging rights", while fun at the bar, mean NOTHING in the grander scheme of things.