Benched for the Bible?

oh geez, both the Warners are such crybabies

true

the year the Rams won, I was so sick of them saying it was God's will that Kurt win the Super Bowl - as if God cares and intervenes

now of course they are self-proclaimed martyrs of the faith

they are setting themselves up for good gigs making $$ on the evangelical circuit for years as the football player (and wife) who lost his job because he is a Christian rather than for injuries and less than stellar play

I just read the article and didn't get the same feel. He reported that some poeple have said he lost his position. That may be true, some people may think he has lost focus on football, whatever. Same thing in golf when a player gets married. How many times did some head in the media say Tiger's downfall will be marriage and children?

I hear about coaches and quarterbacks working 70 and 80 hour weeks. Basically giving up their lives for football. Anyone who gives less is considered to not have focus or the desire to win.

Maybe not exact to Warner's statements but I think his overall comment about what other people in football think are right on.

it loooks like what warner said was taken out of context (gee, like thats never happened before...see frank thomas on any quote...mark buehrle on wanting to play for the cardinals ect ect ect)

i think this quote is the jist of what he was trying to say..."If you can stand up for your faith when you're on top, you can stand up for it now that you're at the bottom."

Poor guy - I can just imagine the scene at home:

"KURT, YOU should be playing, NOT MARC! You are SO MUCH BETTER than him!!! PLUS, we NEVER see him at church!! Should I call Coach Martz again to remind him that YOU need to play more? I don't know WHY I keep getting his answering machine! Would you like any more S'mores and chocolate milk???"

( thump.......thump.......thump....the sound of Kurt slamming his head against the wall.....)