Mariotti blasts Sox again

YASNY

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was never a park that out of towners "had to see".  Those "have to see" parks increase attendance, something we sorely lack.  Ya know?

I totally agree. I love US Cellular. I always have. Yes I thought it was dull, but I didnt care. Personally, I thought it was beautiful. And for a park that only cost $100 million to build, that is pretty darn good in my opinion. But, it will never be a "have to see" place. I dont care what changes thay make to it (I really like the changes thay have made, minus the Fan deck in center, i dont get that at all), it will never be a must see place. So, we just have to deal with it. and hopefully when their lease runs out, we will have a new owner who can build a nicer park in a nicer area. McDome sounds like a nice idea to me. :D

I'm taking a new stance........

To hell with winning......  just focus on going out to the ballpark and having a good time.  Enjoy a dog and a beer and some quality time with your kids.  Use the ballpark to do business, to have a good time with your friends.

Fun can still be had without a WS Title, damnit!

Then go root for the Cubs, because you just described the mentality of 90% of the people there.

My thinking depends a lot on Frank's future. I believe Maggs is the heir apparent to Frank's role. The guy to build around for 6-10 more years. I'm probably old school but I like guys who play their entire career with one team because the team and the player want it.

For those that say do not sign him to a long term contract, don't b**** when a player tests the free agent waters for the same reasons.

Hell, making the playoffs would be fine with me.

Then once we get there, you never know what could happen.

Unfortunately, history has shown that it usually means getting swept at home or winning just one game.

<_>

The Northside crackheads have blown it after being up 2 of 4 or 3 of 5.. a few times...

I wonder if it hurts more to lose after looking like you were going to win.. or just getting blown out when you get there? :unsure:

To hell with winning......  just focus on going out to the ballpark and having a good time.

Fun can still be had without a WS Title, damnit!

Sounds like what the Northsiders have done for decades.

I thought that is why Sox fans don't like Flub Fans. Because they don't give a rat's ass.

:fthecubs

If Maggs wanted Vlad money i will take Vlad hands down.

Vlad is the betta player no question, but there's always the injury problems with his back which could be a problem long term. That's why teams such as the Mets didn't offa him anythin more than a 3 year deal.

Article? Typical Toad: plagerizing, self-conscious, unethical, hateful and worthless in every way. Yawn-inducin, too.

Maggs? Unless next year's payroll is 70+ Mill and/or Magglio puts up Sosa numbers in his prime (1998-2001) in the upcoming season......SEE YA!!!

5/70 my ass.

The Pittsburgh scumbag may be right,but it's nothing that hasn't already been uttered millions of times by what few fans the Sox still have.This blow hard is too busy getting ready to give BJ's to Sham-mee and Dusty during the 2004 season.He annointed the sCrUBS "America's Team" last fall.The next time this douchebag walks into Sox Park will be the first.And I agree with all the posters who believe he got his quotes from his "ringers".To call this scumbag a reporter is an insult to journalism.We all know Reinsdork and Williams suck.Next topic!! :fthecubs :fthecubs

To call this scumbag a reporter is an insult to journalism

Understatement of the year. That he still fancies himself a distinguished man of Letters is both hilarious and telling.

Basic litmus test: does a professional reference HR totals when assessing a hitters's worth?

Eeeaa!

The Pittsburgh scumbag may be right,but it's nothing that hasn't already been uttered millions of times by what few fans the Sox still have.This blow hard is too busy getting ready to give BJ's to Sham-mee and Dusty during the 2004 season.He annointed the sCrUBS "America's Team" last fall.The next time this douchebag walks into Sox Park will be the first.And I agree with all the posters who believe he got his quotes from his "ringers".To call this scumbag a reporter is an insult to journalism.We all know Reinsdork and Williams suck.Next topic!! :fthecubs  :fthecubs

marriotti is not a reporter...he is a columnist...which means basically everything he writes is his opinion and he isnt obligated to report facts...its too bad he takes this priveledges to the limit

he isnt obligated to report facts

:puke

I could forgive him for being an unimaginative, woefully unskilled writer.

I could forgive him for being an amoral megalomaniac-f*** of a human being.

But his personal crusade against everything White Sox/SouthSide.....his lies and evil manipulations and character genocide (all time-tested and supported by evidence) will not be tolerated.

God Bless Hawk Harrelson.

YMMV.

I hope people don't blast Maggs at all.

The guy has been a great Sox player and person.

He's not been a problem in the press or clubhouse.

He deserves Frank type money.

Case closed.

If we don't pay him, fine, but please think twice this season

before blasting Maggs.

Maggs doesn't deserve our wrath.

He's been a fricking great great Sox.

He's not been a problem in the press or clubhouse.

Case closed.

If we don't pay him, fine, but please think twice this season

before blasting Maggs.

Maggs doesn't deserve our wrath.

He's been a fricking great great Sox.

good post greg

i agree

maggs is doing what any of us would do in the same situation

Define greatness.

He's been an All-Star, but not even close to a HOF'er. 30 HR (not that I give a crap about homers) these days is what 20 used to be 30 years go, so don't even go there.

He doesn't run or field quite as he used to and is coming off a disappointing seasons offensively.

He's not been a problem in the press or clubhouse

He is not a leader. He's not a franchise-seller.

Frank is making 6 Mill this year and if he has a s***ty season, he's G-O-N-E.

Even at his payday-est, Frank was making 6.5 Mill a year (the rest deferred).

I don't doubt that Maggs is a 10-12 Mill a year player, but White Sox can barely afford THAT.

5 years, 70-75 Mill??? Have a 1100 OPS/140 RBI season in '04, bring us to ALCS and then we'll talk.

Otherwise? Good-bye Magglio. Send us a postcard from SD or something.

I'd define greatness as the fact he's been one of our best players if

not the best player the past 5-6 or however many years he's been

with the Sox.

I think he's a great player.

When he gets on a tear, it's amazing to watch him plaster the ball

like he did last year in that stretch against the Royals.

I love seeing Maggs bash line drives over outfielders' heads.

I think he's one of the best players in the league, don't you?

As I said with the last Mariotti column, he has got to be on this board somewhere reading each and every one of these posts until he gets one he likes.

I'm pretty sure that Kotex-Boy ripped off some WSI posters for an article, so finding out he was lurking here wouldn't surprise me either. Besides that would mean work if he had to think up ideas and original thoughts by himself. He has made a whole career of ripping off other people, why would he change now?