Brian Anderson

EvilJester99

Does anyone think he will make the team this year?? He has played pretty good so far this ST me thinks. Any thoughts??

http://www.suntimes.com/output/sox/cst-spt-sox11.html

No chance he makes the team this year. The guy needs to get his AB's in, and needs to be playing everyday. He also has Borch and Reed in front of him for now. Give him time.

From what I have seen and heard of him... he is very promising. I look forward to the future of this team.

Everything I have heard is promising as well. His peers just rave about his potential and ability. I can't wait to see him, but that being said, he needs to get his time in.

From what I have seen and heard of him... he is very promising. I look forward to the future of this team.

The word on the street down here in Tucson is that Ryan Sweeney is the youngster that is turning heads. He showing the ability to be a possible 5-tool player and is flat out raking. I really think this guy is going to be a top prospect by the end of the year, and a youngster that could develop very fast. I really think he was the steal of the draft last year.

Like Reed, I don't think it would be good for Anderson to sit on our Major League Bench and get 4 at bats a week. He's young, develop him, that is why I thought it might be better to let Marvin Benard rot on our bench, but that didn't work out with the whole calf/roid thing. Benard is out of a job now, and no need to develop him for the future, so I wouldn't mind if he only got a couple at bats per week.

Anderson and Sweeney and Reed absolutely give this organization a good future when you think of a potential starting OF, but they are still developing. It must be difficult to send a youngster down to the minors when you see them doing so well in ST and know their potential, but development is the name of the game and key to the decision making process. Don't forget that Anderson got in only a few AB's in the rookie league last year before going down with the aggravation of an old injury. He and the other two need consistent playing time.

Anderson and Sweeney could move up the minors very fast last this year, like Reed did last season. I don't think it's a stretch to see one of them probably Sweeney in Birmingham by the end of the season.

We really do have some darn good OF prospects in the minors now. Here's just a few guys I can think of off the top of my head:

Jeremy Reed

Brian Anderson

Ryan Sweeney

Ricardo Nanita

Joe Borchard

Chris Young

Clint King

It's not unprecedented for a guy to come up from Rookie or A ball and succeed in the big leagues, but a guy like Albert Pujols doesn't come along very often. Give these kids a chance to ripen before we pluck them off the tree.