Sox vs Cubs 3/13/04

Cerbaho-WG

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it on WGN? ESPN? I'm supposed to be taking the kids to a birthday party tomorrow (With a pony AND a magic clown - somebody please shoot me.). But if there's a Sox/Cubs ST game I can get on tv down her then... cough, cough, wheeze... I must be coming down with something and better stay home and rest on the couch...

Oh, and "yeah honey, I thought it was weird too when he prescribed beer as a treatment, but HE IS the doctor."

Is it on WGN? ESPN?  I'm supposed to be taking the kids to a birthday party tomorrow (With a pony AND a magic clown - somebody please shoot me.).  But if there's a Sox/Cubs ST game I can get on tv down her then... cough, cough, wheeze... I must be coming down with something and better stay home and rest on the couch...

Oh, and "yeah honey, I thought it was weird too when he prescribed beer as a treatment, but HE IS the doctor."

WGN ... Cubs broadcast team in the both.

Nah I don't think I can get up at about 6, even though it's a game against da Scrubs, it's still only a pre - season game. I couldn't care if they kicked our asses tomorrow, if we could beat em durin da regular season.

I cant wait to watch a baseball game on tv. It's baseball season!! WOOOO HOOOOO! And today, I get to watch it on my news 55" HDTV. This is going to be sweet!

Amen to that. Is this gonna be the Cubs broadcast team or Hawk and DJ does anyone know?

Edit: Nevermind, I see the post now.

Pregame blurb from Sox.Com

Crosstown exhibition: The first of eight meetings during 2004 between the Cubs and the White Sox takes place Saturday afternoon at HoHoKam Park in Mesa, with Dan Wright opposing Carlos Zambrano. While the game is a sellout and could provide early city bragging rights, it's just another Spring Training contest for Guillen.

It's also a chance for him to catch up with some old friends.

"I'm just happy to go see (Cubs manager) Dusty Baker," Guillen said. "I'm going to see Derek Lee and (Todd) Hollandsworth. They were with me last year (in Florida), and I'm looking forward to seeing those guys. I'm real good friends with Dusty and I'm looking forward to going there.

"To me, it's another game. But I know it's a big game for the whole city. They already called us and said they don't have any tickets left."

The White Sox will bring starters such as Willie Harris, Jose Valentin, Paul Konerko, Aaron Rowand and Miguel Olivo. Young pitchers such as Neal Cotts and Jon Adkins follow Wright to the mound.

It will be good see the young pitchers live, particulary Danny Wright. His rebounding to 2002 form is a big key for the team.

Somebody call Stef - Neal Cotts is supposed to play.

Is it on WGN? ESPN?  I'm supposed to be taking the kids to a birthday party tomorrow (With a pony AND a magic clown - somebody please shoot me.).  But if there's a Sox/Cubs ST game I can get on tv down her then... cough, cough, wheeze... I must be coming down with something and better stay home and rest on the couch...

After 16 years of wedded bliss "The Old Hammer" knows to leave me alone when the Sox are on TV. They will be on WGN both today and Sunday. I'll send my bride out to do spring yardwork even though it's blowing 45-60 MPH out there today.