• UConn over Oklahoma State
    • Oklahoma State over UConn
    • Oklahoma State over Duke
    • Georgia Tech over UConn
    • Georgia Tech over Duke
    • Duke over Georgia Tech
    • Duke over Oklahoma State

without St Jos and Xavier, who cares - those two would hve made it fresh

gotta go for Duke - Coach K is a Chicago boy (weber hs) and has run a clean program all these year -

gotta go for the Chicago connection since they are no fun teams and stars

I am thinking we will see an All Duke NCAA Basketball sweep. The women and looking strong and it is hard not to pick Duke on the men's side. They are the best team in the best basketball conference.

Still, I'm pulling for OU. Big 12.

OU?

Michigan beat them in the NIT :lol:

maybe you mean the other non Ohio State OSU?

OU?

Michigan beat them in the NIT  :lol:

maybe you mean the other non Ohio State OSU?

YOu have to give Tex a break. Now that he thinks he is a Texan, their geography is a little different than everyone else's. There is Texas, and then there is everywhere else. Make sense now? :)

UConn has looked the best so far, but they have a couple things against them.  #1 they play the worst team ball out of any team left, and are really suspeptable to good defensive pressure, and #2 Okafor's back could go out at any second.

that you are wrong on. They are not susceptible to defensive pressure (see: Big East title game vs Pitt). Also, Taliek Brown is UConns all-time leading assist man, he can dish it out. Also, who needs a team game when Ben Gordon is best player left in the tourney at creating his own shot. Also, Okafor, if healthy, is pretty much unstoppable down low on offense and defense. Also, you gotta factor in Rashad Anderson from beyond the arc, as well as the capablilities of Denham Brown and Charlie Villanueva (thank you Roy Williams!).

gotta go for the Chicago connection since they are no fun teams and stars

no fun teams? UConn and GTs style of play seems pretty fun to me (yes, i am a UConn, so maybe a little bias).

But what do you mean no stars? Okafor, Gordon, Deng, Reddick, Jack, Muhammad (not a star but a human highlight reel), Lucas...there are several players left here that have the potential to be stars in the NBA, and in the case of Gordon and Okafor in particular, they can just flat out take over a game right now as is. In my opinion, there are plenty of 'star' players left.

that you are wrong on. They are not susceptible to defensive pressure (see: Big East title game vs Pitt). Also, Taliek Brown is UConns all-time leading assist man, he can dish it out. Also, who needs a team game when Ben Gordon is best player left in the tourney at creating his own shot. Also, Okafor, if healthy, is pretty much unstoppable down low on offense and defense. Also, you gotta factor in Rashad Anderson from beyond the arc, as well as the capablilities of Denham Brown and Charlie Villanueva (thank you Roy Williams!).

Maybe I didn't say that right. More like the team ball can break down with good defensive pressure. They tend to become a one on one team when that happens. Then they become beatable. If they play as a team, they have more talent than anyone else out there.

If UConn plays like a team and they shoot say 40% from the field, you could damn near cancel the Final Four and just give UConn the title.

Then again, that's why they play the games. At this point in the season, all it takes is one poor shooting game and you are out.

However, I am very much a believer that if there is a team that can flat out take over a game and just dominate the entire game in the final four, it is UConn. You saw it against Alabama where UConn didn't even have Okafor as a post-up prescence for about half the game, and they still humiliated Bama.

And I still think Duke takes them out in the game between those two, and OKie State takes out Ga Tech, with OKie State winning the whole thing.