John Kruk is the F'in man!

CSF

He picked the Sox to win the division with part of his reasoning that Frank Thomas now realizes that this is Magglio's team. He also said Ozzie's ability to get these guys motivated should help them win the division.

Pawtucket Gammons on course picked the Twinkies, and Harold "Light Bat" Reynolds picked the Royals. Screw those 2 puds.

Anyone who still insists the Royals will win this division with their pitching staff is just a complete moron.

It could be worse. He could've predicted a 4th place finish for the Sox.......

Wait a minute, he did predict that.

Screw "Light Bat" Reynolds. :fyou

Kruk is the only one that knows the players on the White Sox and knows what makes them tick. Harold Reynolds, while I respect him, he just doesn't respect the White Sox and the fact that if all three teams busted out, the Sox would be the most talented team in the Central. And Peter Gammons, well, this guy has never graced the idea of playing a big league game...that guy is an idiot. Plain and simple. I've never respected his opinion.

Ahaha Cubs over Red Sox according to Gammons in the World Series.

What a bold prediction for a total quack.

Kruk is my new favorite on BBTN picking the Angels over the Phillies.

Hell ya, I was thinking the same thing. Plus I think thats a pretty good pick, but at least he's got the guts to go out on a limb.

OH ya, Book it, Cubs finish 2nd in the division behind the Astros. Astros staff is just as good, but their offense is superior as well as their defense.

The Cubs have a lousy defense and for a while will be lacking a 4th and 5th starter (cause I don't think Clement is any good anymore).

Hell ya, I was thinking the same thing.  Plus I think thats a pretty good pick, but at least he's got the guts to go out on a limb.

OH ya, Book it, Cubs finish 2nd in the division behind the Astros.  Astros staff is just as good, but their offense is superior as well as their defense.

The Cubs have a lousy defense and for a while will be lacking a 4th and 5th starter (cause I don't think Clement is any good anymore).

I'll take that Astros staff over the Cubs. I like their bullpen, and I like the idea of having two guys that have a handful of WS rings. Not to mention one is a lefty, one is a righty. And let's not forget one of those Cubs starters is bound to get hurt. Prior is already hurt, but I'm talking for 3-4 months. My money is on Wood, but Prior seems like a good bet right now.

No reason to rip everyone who doesn't pick the Sox...Maybe if we didn't underachieve the past 3 seasons, people would actually pick us to win. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, like it or not. Seems like people will always find something to complain about, no matter what it is.

No reason to rip everyone who doesn't pick the Sox...Maybe if we didn't underachieve the past 3 seasons, people would actually pick us to win.  Everyone is entitled to their opinion, like it or not.  Seems like people will always find something to complain about, no matter what it is.

I agree with aboz here. Actually, I'm hoping a lot more people pick the Sox to finish 2nd and lower - it seems when people think we will do well, we end up sucking and underachieving. Meanwhile, if people rip this team and don't think we'll do well, this team will be out to prove something, which probably will be a good thing in the end.

Pawtucket Gammons on course picked the Twinkies, and Harold "Light Bat" Reynolds picked the Royals.

Boy, am I looking forward to this season. 3 reasons. 1) Cubs on SI cover to win it all 2) Gammons picks Cubs to win it all 3) Gammons "DOES NOT" pick Sox to win it all. Can you think of 3 reasons to be more excited about this year? Between The SI cover, and clueless Gammons, this years anticipation is GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyone who still insists the Royals will win this division with their pitching staff is just a complete moron.

Why does Harold Reynolds still have a Job?? :huh

I wonder what he's gonna say about the Mariners not wanting Cameron back, Seems he has a love affair with him, or it was just cheap shots at the Sox.

All Reynolds does is go with the Flow he adds nothing to BBT :headshake

6 of ESPN's associates picked the Sox to win the AL Central.

The Diamond Mind projections have them 1 game behind the Twins, with KC in 4th.

However, the Sox did have the best pitching staff in the AL Central and the guy who did the simulations said if Konerko and Crede up their numbers we could easily win the division.

That said, it will be a prayer vigil anytime the bullpen has to hold a close lead.

6 of ESPN's associates picked the Sox to win the AL Central.

The Diamond Mind projections have them 1 game behind the Twins, with KC in 4th.

However, the Sox did have the best pitching staff in the AL Central and the guy who did the simulations said if Konerko and Crede up their numbers we could easily win the division.

That said, it will be a prayer vigil anytime the bullpen has to hold a close lead.

I saw this too, and I was a little shocked, but happy. Reynolds, grrhh he is just bad bad bad bad bad bad bad bad bad. Bad as an analyst. And bad in what he knows about baseball. Maybe the Royals will win the division. But its not because they are a good team. If they win its because both Minnesota and Chicago will have horrible horrible seasons, with key players getting injured. Thats how KC can win.

RoyalsTwinsSox pick a name out of the hat and given 5 minutes, anyone on this board could build a case for them winning the AL Central. I assume some of the behind the scenes stuff is the analysts making certain they all do not pick the same team. After all they are in multiple markets and will try and keep everyone happy.

No reason to rip everyone who doesn't pick the Sox...Maybe if we didn't underachieve the past 3 seasons, people would actually pick us to win.  Everyone is entitled to their opinion, like it or not.  Seems like people will always find something to complain about, no matter what it is.

I agree with you -

Kruk is the only one that knows the players on the White Sox and knows what makes them tick. Harold Reynolds, while I respect him, he just doesn't respect the White Sox and the fact that if all three teams busted out, the Sox would be the most talented team in the Central. And Peter Gammons, well, this guy has never graced the idea of playing a big league game...that guy is an idiot. Plain and simple. I've never respected his opinion.

I always admire those reporters who agree with us Sox fans on the 1st place Sox finish. However, I really don't like listening to any of these guys. BBYN seems to spend too much time on their laughing and bantering and less on sports stories. I like to watch the program for the game reviews and prefer to let the Sox play and win without having to listen to these announcers who act as if they are the "experts". It all boils down to the team playing up to their talent anyway.