Bruce Levine giving it all back to Mariotti

CSF

Mariotti made the mistake of having Levine on his morning show today. Every point Kotex Boy brings up, Levine is refuting him. He's being reduced to petty arguing at this point. My favorite was when Kotex said he had been writing in Chicago longer, and Levine countered that he was writing with the Sun-Times before Mariotti came aboard.

Mariotti is just like any Cub fans. They go into an argument with no facts whatsoever and look like idiots when the truth is presented to them. Kudos to Levine for putting Mariotti on the ropes.

Mariotti made the mistake of having Levine on his morning show today.  Every point Kotex Boy brings up, Levine is refuting him.  He's being reduced to petty arguing at this point.  My favorite was when Kotex said he had been writing in Chicago longer, and Levine countered that he was writing with the Sun-Times before Mariotti came aboard. 

Mariotti is just like any Cub fans.  They go into an argument with no facts whatsoever and look like idiots when the truth is presented to them.  Kudos to Levine for putting Mariotti on the ropes.

I am sending Levine a f***in bouquet of flowers for doing this for our team.

GO BRUCEY

More details would be appreciated if someone could help. Thanks!

I didn't hear the entire show, but from what I heard when Mariotti was again railing about building the park in the South Loop so "young professionals" could go to the game afterwards, Levine said the area where the Sox play in is fine right now and also noted that some Cub fans go to the games more for the atmosphere and ambiance than to actually watch the game. I know Mariotti didn't like that.

Mariotti was again railing about building the park in the South Loop so "young professionals" could go to the game afterwards

I'm considered a 'young professional' (and damn, I hate that term) and I work in Rolling Ghettos and still manage to make a game or 7 during the season. Oh and no, I am not a yuppie - more a hill-wilima to tell the truth lol. So Moronotti can shove that argument where the sun don't shine! :lol:

Mariotti will probably go back to having Harry Teinowitz or Mark Silverman as his co-host again so he won't have to hear anyone refute his Cubbie love from this point on.

Cubbie love? But he's not a Cub fan. He even said so. Why would he lie?

This sounds awesome! Levine is a Cubs fan, but he does a pretty good job of staying even (Sometimes he slips into Cub fan mode). But I am going to have to give him mad props for this!!

I'm so glad somebody is finally sticking it to Mariotti, I would love to hear his reaction when somebody corrected him. I have no idea why he's on TV or in a major market

The argument about the location of the park is weak. The neighborhood is as safe or safer now than it was in 91,92,93,94 when they consistently drew well. The park is also nicer than it was then, even Mariotti would have to agree with that. For some reason it became uncool to go to Sox games. Its up to the new guy to figure out how to reverse it. I think he will.

The argument about the location of the park is weak. The neighborhood is as safe or safer now than it was in 91,92,93,94 when they consistently drew well. The park is also nicer than it was then, even Mariotti would have to agree with that. For some reason it became uncool to go to Sox games. Its up to the new guy to figure out how to reverse it. I think he will.

go get em, new guy

What I always find funny about Jay is my few Cub fans always complain how he loves the Sox and is always bashing the Cubs.

In between Mac, Jurko and Harry, during a commercial break, they played a promo for Mariotti's show from today when he had Hendry on. I wonder how many times he has asked KW to come on there. And it's not like he can say he's not available, considering KW was on MJH yesterday. In fact, Mariotti hasn't had a single person from the Sox organization on there. This really surprises me!

The crime rate is higher  in Wirgleyville than it is in Bridgport. I cant stand when people say " I dont like like taking the train, its scary on the SouthSide"

Bulls***. Southside gets such a bad rap, I have had nothing but good expierences over there.

there's an easy answer for why our neighborhood is called "more dangerous": racism.

I didn't hear the entire show, but from what I heard when Mariotti was again railing about building the park in the South Loop so "young professionals" could go to the game afterwards, Levine said the area where the Sox play in is fine right now and also noted that some Cub fans go to the games more for the atmosphere and ambiance than to actually watch the game.  I know Mariotti didn't like that.

Sorry, but I've got to agree with Mariotti - at least on the location of the ballpark.

Keeping Comiskey at 35th and Shields was a huge miscalculation by the Sox and the stadium authority. I want as many "young professionals" in the Cell as possible (more fannies=more money=better players) and if moving the park north would accomplish that - great! Can't you imagine people working downtown walking to a game after work? How about the great skyline over center field instead of projects peeking through?

I agree the ballpark itself is fine and it always has been, but building it there was just stupid.

Sorry, but I've got to agree with Mariotti - at least on the location of the ballpark.

Keeping Comiskey at 35th and Shields was a huge miscalculation by the Sox and the stadium authority.  I want as many "young professionals" in the Cell as possible (more fannies=more money=better players) and if moving the park north would accomplish that - great!  Can't you imagine people working downtown walking to a game after work?  How about the great skyline over center field instead of projects peeking through?

I agree the ballpark itself is fine and it always has been, but building it there was just stupid.

Not to you personally, but that arguement is complete BS. Since when was Wrigley put in downtown? Remember the Wrigley neighborhood hasn't always been Yuppified, that basically occured within the last 5-10 years. They seem to draw fine, much further away from downtown than Comiskey. I don't care if they were downtown, people would still find excuses not to go to the games.

Not to you personally, but that arguement is complete BS.  Since when was Wrigley put in downtown?  Remember the Wrigley neighborhood hasn't always been Yuppified, that basically occured within the last 5-10 years.  They seem to draw fine, much further away from downtown than Comiskey.  I don't care if they were downtown, people would still find excuses not to go to the games.

Wrigley doesn't need to be downtown because it is in a high traffic, affluent area already. The close proximity of residences, bars and restaurants makes Wrigleyville a great area for a ballpark.

Also, Wrigleyville has been "yuppified" for a lot longer than 5-10 years - more like 20 years - which, coincidentally is around the time Cubs attendance and fan base skyrocketed. The fact that all those affluent "yuppies" watched the Cubs on WGN as children and couldn't find the Sox games on TV certainly helped to make them all devoted Cubs fans.

In the next five years the land around Comiskey will be worth more than Wrigley. Walk around the park some time especially south and look at the homes they are putting up. In the late 80's Wrigleyville was terrible. Over the next 10-15 years the South Loop extending down the city will be completly revamped and US Cellular field will be right in the middle of it. Look at the work they are doing to the Ryan in the next few years and all of the land available to develop. It is ten minutes from my seat at work (Michigan and Wacker) to my car and then to the park. People would complain about the price of parking and lack thereof if the stadium was built in the Loop. Not to mention the congestion.