Tips for vendors

The Beast

Do you tip vendors at US Cellular Field?  

54 members have voted

1. 1. Do you tip vendors at US Cellular Field?

• Yes
    • No
    • Occasionally

I usually get 20.00 to spend at a ball game from my mom. She'll ask for change, so its not so bad. I usually get a hot dog, 2-3 mt. dews and nachos...so my total is usually around 16.00 or something like that, but sometimes I treat my mom and dad to their beers. I actually know two beer vendors, bf/gf and both are quite wealthy...both are accountants in the offseason as well. Does not mean that all vendors are living beer to beer.

I always tip, and ponder this thought

What other business expects their customers to dip into their pocket and pay their employees?

Imagine if ever business worked on the tip basis. Stop into your kids classroom and drop a $20 on the teacher, librarian, custodian, principal. Drop by Nuke_Clevelands and drop a $20 and say thanks for the time in Korea? Maybe see you local mayor . . . ooops bad example in Chicago.

I say pay them a decent wage and benefits and don't make them beg.

I usually get 20.00 to spend at a ball game from my mom. She'll ask for change, so its not so bad. I usually get a hot dog, 2-3 mt. dews and nachos...so my total is usually around 16.00 or something like that, but sometimes I treat my mom and dad to their beers. I actually know two beer vendors, bf/gf and both are quite wealthy...both are accountants in the offseason as well. Does not mean that all vendors are living beer to beer.

Forgive me if I don't assume that my beer vendor is Donald Trump.

I'm fairly confident in the assumption that most beer vendors are not doing it for chuckles, and may actually need and appreciate the extra cash.

i rarely ever buy anything from the guys walking up the aisle, so I can't really say anything about that.  But the guys on the concourse I don't tip, well because that's just like a cashiering job.

They (sometimes me) still deserve a little tipping at least!!!!

It's a part time gig. Obviously they need the $$ if they're doing it.

true true

with the people that I encounter, I don't tip (other than Stadium Club) which I never thought about until this question was asked. I don't buy much from the aisle vendors. Maybe that is why.

but a lot of time when someone is cool I get their name and then submit that to the Sox saying that so and so is a great employee and should be recognised - now that has gotten me some good service - especially since a couple of times my comments were used to get someone named Employee of the Month. I hear they get to go on the field and it is really gratifying to be EOTM.

I have to start thinking about tipping.

Friday I and the three guys I went with bought 16 beers off the vendor, $88 total and gave the guy $100. Sometimes nasty cold weather is a benefit.

I never really thought about tipping until I read that the price increase of $0.75 would negativly affect them as they get only $0.01 of that. Now that is crap. I would be interested to see what a vendor pays for a beer. I have sat in LF for the last five years and it is usually the same vendors year after year so ia ssumed that made decent money.

Ok here is how i know it. I was a "Beer Hawker" for Levy resturants (same vendor at the Cell) last year, we got paid waiter pay $3.09 (which has been bumped to $3.30), 10% commission, plus tips. Of course I tip largely, but for your knowledge we greatly appreciate even a 25cent tip as they can add up. Zero tip, good luck purchasing future beers. First rule is tip big the first round if you wish to always have a beer when you need it, or like others have stated a fresh one at last call. I dont believe that anyone cannot afford to let the vendor keep that extra quarter......and if you cant, drag your broke lazy fatass down to the concessions and get it yourself f***tard! :fyou

Oh yea how the vendor buys the beer- Walk out with 20 beers at $5 a pop and sell 10 beers, you owe the manager $50 and return the left overs. No vendor gets stuck with the extra beer, hot dogs, peanuts, etc. that they cant sell. So when a vendor gives you a beer on the house, that is comming out of his pocket.