If we're going to be moving a player to 3B...

AngelasDaddy0427

Wouldn't it make sense to move the weaker defensive player to 3B.

It's obvious that Uribe is the better defensive short stop so shouldn't Valentin make the move if Crede is moved out of the lineup.

Just thought it was a topic worth discussing...

Always a good time for this sign by the way... :fthecubs

Wouldn't it make sense to move the weaker defensive player to 3B.

It's obvious that Uribe is the better defensive short stop so shouldn't Valentin make the move if Crede is moved out of the lineup.

Just thought it was a topic worth discussing...

Always a good time for this sign by the way...  :fthecubs

If Crede is moved out of the line-up? I can guarantee you that's not happening. He would have to hit well below .100 for that to happen. Joe will be fine. As the season goes on, you'll see that average climb.

Joe will not be benched. He will sit a game here or there...because imagine that, he's human. I say let Jose concentrate on one position. Uribe has been fine so far, I am happy with everything -- but Joe's BA, although give me defense and I don't mind as much -- and I don't have any worries yet.

Didn't the Sox already try Jose at 3B and it was BAD experiment. You need a strong defensive play at 3B and I believe Crede is still the best choice they have over there. He will begin hitting and he plays solid D. He just needs to get a different glove sheesh lol.

Joe is a very good third baseman IMO, and I don't see any permanent move changing that. However, he'll need his days off too, and maybe a few consecutive from time to time until he gets out of his funk. He just needs to relax, and when he does, he will take off. But for his days off, Uribe will fill in at third just fine. He's looked better than expected IMO over there. He is our utility man still, even though it's imperrative that he stay in the lineup in some capacity. Right now though, with Harris recovering, both Crede and Uribe need to be in the lineup.

If the Sox ever do give up on Crede at 3B, maybe they will go after Aaron Boone. He can play all over the infield and is solid offensively as well. It was said the Yanks won't resign him because Boone wants to play 3B. He could be a serious upgrade if he is healthy.

Crede simply is a poor 3B who's been hyped up to be something that he's not.  What the Sox need to do is trade for Pittsburgh's Rob Mackowiak so that we can have a good fielder/hitter at 3rd.

Joe's in a slump but you want to get rid of him for this guy?

Going into the season Joe's BA is .266 vs .256 for Mackowiak.

HRs 31 (.039 per AB) vs 26 (.033)

Slugging .444 vs .426

Ks 129 (.161 per AB) vs 225 (.291)

At 3B

Fielding Pct .959 vs .952

RangeF 2.40 vs 2.13

I can understand your impatience with Crede who's hitting .207, but find a better guy than Mackowiak who can't play the position and is only hitting .261 this year himself.

Guest JimH
Can we trade you for a similarly confused Cub troll instead?

It's a no-lose proposition.

Wow, Brando and I agree.

Incredible!

What's next, world peace? :lol:

Guest JimH
Joe's in a slump but you want to get rid of him for this guy?

Going into the season Joe's BA is .266 vs .256 for Mackowiak.

HRs 31 (.039 per AB) vs 26 (.033)

Slugging .444 vs .426

Ks  129 (.161 per AB) vs 225 (.291)

At 3B

Fielding Pct  .959 vs .952

RangeF 2.40 vs 2.13

I can understand your impatience with Crede who's hitting .207, but find a better guy than Mackowiak who can't play the position and is only hitting .261 this year himself.

Tlak, good points, but your reasoning is way over CRector's head.

In fact, ANY reasoning is way over CRectors head.