ozzie..

letsgoarow

I was just going to start this thread.  There has been a few occasions this year where it seems that Ozzie picnh hit for the sake of pinch hitting.  Unless Willie was hurt, he should never have been pulled.

Not the best in game move by Oz.

However, I think what's he trying to do is show that he has confidence in all of his players. He wants to show that no matter what the situation he feels he can all on anybody to get the job done. Sometimes that is going to get us into the situation we saw today.

He made the move because Steady Eddie G. is a left handed pitcher. Harris bats lefty. It was a percentage move and as usual the percentages didn't compute in out favor. Remember he sent up a pinch hitter for Valentin also. I just think the problem with the Sox bench with the addition of Burke and Dransfeldt versus someone with some pop in their bat is just that-singles hitters. Hopefully they will contribute in their next appearance though.

In a situation like that we could use a player who can get good wood on the ball, no matter what.  Someone with experience.  We should try to get that guy who beat down that sausage in Milwaukee.  Brutally, I might add.

You know who I'm referring to. ;)

I saw him playing against his former team (you know what team I’m talking about) and he isn’t shining at all. He has changed. Defensively he’s good (I saw him make a DP by himself yesterday) but offensively he’s nothing compared to last year.

In a situation like that we could use a player who can get good wood on the ball, no matter what.  Someone with experience.  We should try to get that guy who beat down that sausage in Milwaukee.  Brutally, I might add.

You know who I'm referring to. ;)

Ohhh... you mean that guy who's throwing error cost the pirates the game today against the cubs right? :puke

I saw him playing against his former team (you know what team I’m talking about) and he isn’t shining at all. He has changed. Defensively he’s good (I saw him make a DP by himself yesterday) but offensively he’s nothing compared to last year.

I don't care about his defense. I just want a qualified pinch hitter to come off the bench when the latter part of our order is due up in the 9th inning.

I'm sorry but when I saw Dransfelt and Burke coming in ozzie might as well have just gotten a big white flag and just forfited the rest of the game.

I don't like either one of them in clutch situations.

I'd much rather roll the dice on Valentin and Harris.

Ohh well get them tommarrow :bringit !

Ozzie has yes to Burke ABs in the YNOT

I don't like the move, it seemed NL to me. I would pitch hit for Crede in a heartbeat, but not Willie. Plus Willie has some speed on the paths.

putting in burke for hot hitting willie in the 9th....

why why why

Willie is 3 for 24 against LHP this season (only 1 double) and has never shown ability to hit them.

Left-handers VS. Guardado: 111 OBP, 080 Slugging

Does that answer your uninformed question?

Willie is 3 for 24 against LHP this season (only 1 double) and has never shown ability to hit them.

Left-handers VS. Guardado:  111 OBP, 080 Slugging

And he's expected to get better by being pinch hit for whenever a lefty shows up? How is that inspiring confidence in Willie? PLus, it shows teams that if Willie is 4-4, and coming up in the 9th, bring in a lefty, you get him out of the game. Sooner or later he will have to face leftys, he couldn't have done any worse!

I understand alot of the thiniking here but that did not lose the game for us. The game was lost in the previous inning.Thomas stuck out looking with 1st and second nobody out. Then konerko pops up after going 2-0 to end the inning with the bags loaded. That was indeed the inning. Thomas should have fouled htat pitch off, and Paulie, well, everyone knows what i think of Paulie.

I understand alot of the thiniking here but that did not lose the game for us. The game was lost in the previous inning.Thomas stuck out looking with 1st and second nobody out. Then  konerko pops up after going 2-0 to end the inning with the bags loaded. That was indeed the inning. Thomas should have fouled htat pitch off, and Paulie, well, everyone knows what i think of Paulie.

I guess I can see your point, Terry, but I don't understand why you would blame Thomas on this one, they had other times for repentance...and I specifically blame Paulie on this one because he wasted the opprotunity...fouling out, 2-0 pitch, cat bird seat, you do something with that, not foul it out.

Left-handers VS. Guardado:  111 OBP, 080 Slugging

Damn that's just nasty.

Second guessing is easy...

If the move works, it's GENIUS and everyone would talk about how Ozzie KNEW that Willie struggles against lefties and how well Guardado has handled lefties, and how wise and mature Oz is for a rookie manager.

It doesn't work out, and Oz is dumb and Willie needs ABs against lefties, and why why why Burke, and Randall Simon would have saved us all, and etc etc etc.

Second guessing is easy....