KOCH TRADED!!!!!!!!!!!&#33

LostInBoston

Hey guys, im new to this board butyall are hilarious.  I love the White Sox and think instaed of ripping Jose we all need to savor this moment!!!!!!  HE GONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey Kock................. :finger

Who the hell are you, jk

welcome to the board.

My favorite poster on this site is CWSGuy406, he is fun to fight with and knows his s***., oh yeah and Mr. Zero because he calls all my post hilarious(most of the time i dont remember the original posts because of mr. alchy.

f*** Koch, he is an afterthougtht

• Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

jose will be here for the rest of the year for sure but he wont be here after this season.... sorry to burst your bubble brando but its going to be willie and uribe at 2nd and SS respectavely

He laughs who laughs last. :cheers

Much to your and others' chagrin, there most likely be a 2-year deal hammered out this October. Something along the lines of 2 year, 4-5 Mill, with at bat-based incentives.

He will be used primarily against RHP because he could still muster 900+ OPS against them, with good clutch peripherals. Then you got his 900 ZR, which would lead all AL SS as soon as Pokey Reese is replaced by Garciaparra, as well as his good baserunning and a positive clubhouse presence.

Sox still do not know what they will get out of Willie and Crede in the long-run, so Jose will serve as insurence if anything else.

The only way Valentin is definately not back is if he somehow returns to the all-field line-drive approach he briefly employed in 2004 Spring Training (only 1 HR), which allowed him to hit LHP extremely well, and finishes out this season on a great note because of it. If that happens (not likely), he'll price himself out of the Sox market and will be signed by a big-market contender still willing to pay 4+ Mill.

I hated it when he pitched, but the guy is a class act, and he still said all the right things in this article.

Same here. If he made 5 Mill less, I wouldn't mind having Ol' Billie Goat around. He was a refreshingly honest athlete - none of that Nuke LaLoosh meaningless crap or LaTroy Hawkins's moronic tangents. Straight shooter.

I will never forgive him for his part in 2003 AND 2004 debacles, but at the same time William Koch, as a person, is ah'iiit. Wish him well in spite of everything.

He laughs who laughs last.    :cheers

Much to your and others' chagrin, there most likely be a 2-year deal hammered out this October. Something along the lines of 2 year, 4-5 Mill, with at bat-based incentives.   

He will be used primarily against RHP because he could still muster 900+ OPS against them, with good clutch peripherals. Then you got his 900 ZR, which would lead all AL SS as soon as Pokey Reese is replaced by Garciaparra, as well as his good baserunning and a positive clubhouse presence.

Sox still do not know what they will get out of Willie and Crede in the long-run, so Jose will serve as insurence if anything else.

The only way Valentin is definately not back is if he somehow returns to the all-field line-drive approach he briefly employed in 2004 Spring Training (only 1 HR), which allowed him to hit LHP extremely well, and finishes out this season on a great note because of it.    If that  happens (not likely), he'll price himself out of the Sox market and will be signed by a big-market contender still willing to pay 4+ Mill.

I probably would hav agreed with you there Brando before this acquistion of Valdez tonight. I think now Uribe and Harris will be the starting infield next season with Valdez as the new utility man which was the original role for Uribe. Borchard or Reed will be in our outfield next season which should give the lineup more of a lefty balance. We should use the money we would hav spent on resignin Jose, towards a quality starter like a Freddy Garcia. ;)

I probably would hav agreed with you there Brando before this acquistion of Valdez tonight. I think now Uribe and Harris will be the starting infield next season with Valdez as the new utility man which was the original role for Uribe. Borchard or Reed will be in our outfield next season which should give the lineup more of a lefty balance. We should use the money we would hav spent on resignin Jose, towards a quality starter like a Freddy Garcia.  ;)

Valdez is a nobody and his name is nothing. I cannot believe you're buying into the Koch salary dump hype. He is a glorified Jason Daellaro.

Jose will cost you 2 Mill to re-sign. Garcia will be asking for 10+. One really has nothing to do with the other - if anything, it's Paul Konerko's contract that will prevent the Sox from overpaying for Freddiatolo Ponson. :lol:

As far as Borchard and Reed.....You're making a very dangerous assumption that they can hit ML pitching. The last time Borchard was up, he was thoroughly embarassed. And Reed.......Let's just say that 400 Slug in the Charlotte park is not very good. Both have LONG ways to go.

It is a shame that I didn't find out about this miracle untill page 19. There is not a positive Koch post with my name attached to it on record and this will be my first. Thank goodness that he is gawn, bye you worthless sack of crap. Shame on the people who liked him for making jokes about how s***ty he was. Goodbye Billy Botch may you never pitch well again as you haven't before.

woohoo!!!!!!! You beat me to it! That is awesome!!!!!!!

Wilson Valdez nicknames THE CAT

Combined to play in a career-high 127 games between AA Carolina and AAA Albuquerque... posted an overall batting average of .295 with 18 doubles, six triples, 32 RBI and 49 stolen bases.

Began the year at Carolina and hit .313 in 37 games... had his first season-high 14-game hit streak of the season, from April 12-27 (.381, 24x63)... posted four hits on April 16 at Chattanooga.

Swiped 16 bases with Carolina, including seven in a row to open the season.

Joined AAA Albuquerque on May 18 and hit .287 with 18 RBI in 90 games... led the Isotopes with 33 steals in 42 attempts... included eight straight successful steals, from June 15-30... recorded a stolen base in a team-record three straight games, June 5-7... also set a team mark with three steals on July 6 at Iowa.

Hit in eight of his first nine AAA games (.412), including three-hit games on May 21, 22 and 23.

Had five hit streaks of six games or more at AAA, including a season-high 14-game streak from June 18-July 2 (.364, 20x55)... the streak was part of a 24-game stretch (June 6-July 2), when he hit in 22, batting .340 (32x94)... hit in 13 of his final 14 games (.368), broken into six and seven-game streaks.

Had a season-high four hits on August 20 at Iowa... hit .296 vs. RHP and .259 vs. LHP as an Isotope... hit .311 in May, .317 in June and .309 in August... named Isotopes Defensive Player of the Year.

Hit .298 with nine RBI in 29 regular season games and .357 in four postseason contests for Gigantes in the Dominican Republic during the offseason.

Doesn't sound too bad. He's 25? Why hasn't he hit the majors yet?

Valdez is a nobody and his name is nothing.    I cannot believe you're buying into the Koch salary dump hype. He is a glorified Jason Daellaro.

Jose will cost you 2 Mill to re-sign. Garcia will be asking for 10+. One really has nothing to do with the other - if anything, it's Paul Konerko's contract that will prevent the Sox from overpaying for Freddiatolo Ponson.  :lol:

As far as Borchard and Reed.....You're making a very dangerous assumption that they can hit ML pitching. The last time Borchard was up, he was thoroughly embarassed. And Reed.......Let's just say that 400 Slug in the Charlotte park is not very good.    Both have LONG ways to go.

Jose Valentin will cost more than $2 million to resign I can guarantee you that. Some team in desperate need for a SS (Chicago Cubs, San Francisco, Boston if Nomar leaves and Cincinatti) will overpay for him just due to the supply and demand of SS's around the league. I doubt he will take a pay cut of 60% of his salary, especially when he's having another good season. If Renteria gets locked up by the Cardinals and Cabrera by the Expos, then the SS market gets even weaker.

Valdez looks like an Ozzie type of SS, doesn't matter if he can't hit well, so long as he plays excellent D and has a good arm. Lets see how he hits for the Knights 1st however bf any1 makes a judgement on him. He never hit too well before this year, and doesn't hav any pop at all in his bat, so be warned. He was hitting in a hitters park down in Alberquque as well.

I'd luv to move Paul Konerko, I think every1 would, just because of the salary he is making. But they guy's having a pretty good year so far, with a good average. He still can't hit off righties too well, which is always goin to be a problem.

If KW doesn't think Borch and Reed are ready to play in Chicago, then he should go out sign or trade for a lefty slugger like Steve Finley, J.D Drew, Sean Casey, Matt Lawton or Jay Gibbons with the money we'll be gettin from the new TV deal.

I would say 3- 3.5 at the most sounds about right for jose.

I think some team will overpay at about $4 to 5 mill for Jose, it all depends on who's available in the market this offseason. If Renteria and Cabrera are FA's, Jose will get less money. ;)

I hate to admit it.  But,  i'm hoping Koch can atleast be decent for the Marlins.  They might end up playing the Slubs in the playoffs again.  So i'll have to cheer for him.

Now there's a scary scenerio. Game 7 of the 2004 NLCS, Fish .vs. Flubbs. Bottom 9th Marlins up by 1-2 runs & Botch comes in and promptly gives up a walk off blast by Sosa to end the series.

That's the stuff nightmares are made up of and is an all too real possibility.

Here's the money deal for all who thought we'd really fleeced the Marlins. From Cowley's Southtown column this morning:

According to general manager Ken Williams, the Sox picked up more than half of the $3.75 million that was still owed to Koch, whose salary for the season is $6.375 million.

The move still frees up about $1.5 million in payroll, and leads to speculation that Williams has more deals planned. The Sox reportedly have their eye on Seattle pitcher Freddy Garcia.

We had already paid out a bunch, and we're pating AT LEAST $1.875 million more, on top of the $2.63 million we have already paid. Marlins are footing less than $2 million as expected.

Ozzie "here's the deal. If you win the series you have to take Koch. If we win the series, . . . well we will make certain that doesn't happen. :lol:

I would have loved for Koch to return to his one season of greatness. Too bad. Maybe the NL will be more to his liking. Plus he was middle of the pack in the NL.

Ladies and Gentleman, let's give Billy a proper Wite Sox send off

Hey hey-ey, goodbye

Na na na na, na na na na, hey hey-ey, goodbye

Hey hey-ey, goodbye

Hey hey-ey, goodbye

Hey hey-ey, goodbye

Ladies and Gentleman, let's give Billy a proper Wite Sox send off

Hey hey-ey, goodbye

Hey hey-ey, goodbye

Hey hey-ey, goodbye

Hey hey-ey, goodbye

I suppose the time that we actually get to sing that to him is in the World Series!

Wilson Valdez nicknames THE CAT

Sorry, but Andrés Galarraga will always have that nickname (okay he was the Big Cat, but you know what I mean lol).

In any sense, damn this is good news. And good luck to Billy, he has the spirit, heart and determination, his talent seems to have disappeared on him though.