sox-r-us

• Replies 434
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am a big Garland fan....

Let me guess why.

Whenever he pitches similar to today (which is often), you break down his performace and notice he "only" threw two bad innings.

Jon Garland fails to pitch consistent outings, work himself out of jams, or shut down the opposition after his team scores a run. His value is none above a #4 starter.

we wouldn't be talking about how bad he pitched if people opened there gloves and closed them when a ball is heading to them. Yes, he had a break down, but the fault should not souly rest on his shoulders. The defense forgot how to catch.

Like I said his defense let him down big time today. He has more let downs than just about any other pitcher. He pitches fine until he hits the 5th or 6th inning and then he either spaces the hell out or gets himself nervous or just loses his nerve. Like it has been stated many many many times b4 about Garland. He lacks the testicular fortitude to be a big time pitcher. He often s***s down his leg when the pressure is on him. He is no more than a 4th or 5th stater in the majors.

Some guys will have a good career in the big leagues and some won’t. Look at Mark Prior. The guy is just 24 years old and is starting off very well. Jon looks like a much younger guy, but he is a year older and doesn’t seem to show any improvement over the years. Garland has always been a guy who’s ended up with a 4. something ERA.

I am not ashamed that he’s wearing a White Sox uniform, I just wish he’d work even harder than before.