Official Ortiz/Jones ATL Rumors Thread

redandwhite

No way, I would deal Maggs before C Lee

Given how worthless all of our prospects turn out every time they come up  (Borchard, Munoz, Rauch ...hell even Crede right now etc etc), I have no intention of letting go a proven player we can afford to have for the next few years

If we let C Lee go, we should trade everyone including Buerhle.....just rebuild completely from scratch if that is the case

See that's the thing...we really can't afford Carlos. He's making $9 mill next year, and for $9 mill, you have to put up .280 30 100 .850-.900 at the very least to be worth it, and for a smaller payroll team like ours, we really need more. If we could trade both Konerko and Lee, I would do it. However, the fact remains that Konerko has shown more power this year then Lee has, and that Konerko has been the better hitter.

And CLee is easily replaceable. We can put Rowand in LF, Harris in CF, and Maggs in RF with Gload backing up LF and RF and Perez backing up CF. We can put Harris in LF, Rowand in CF, and Maggs in RF, with the Gload-Perez thing working the same again. We can trade for Steve Finley, and be Rowand-Finley-Maggs from left to right with Gload doing the same and Harris doing Perez's job(among other things...probably play some 2B, play a little LF and maybe even a little 3B and SS now and then too). There are numerous possibilities. Trading CLee is not the end of everything...in fact, it almost makes more sense trading Lee then it does Konerko(makes more next year, plus, we have replacements for LF...we really do not for 1B)

• Replies 537
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Score Radio in Chicago is reporting that the White Sox are close to completing a deal that would send Russ Ortiz to the White Sox, and prospects to Atlanta.

Stay Posted.

i am listening to the score and they throw a lot of ifs in that, not at all sounding, to me, as if anything is close

and on the level of accuracy, I rate the score about as well as the national enquirer

they are filling air time and if I weren't at someone else's house I'd turn the s*** off

Huh? Was this meant to be in green? WOW!

Nope --- Take a look at the numbers.

AB H 2B 3B HR RBI BB K AVG OBP SLG OPS HBP

Aaron Rowand* 261 85 22 0 13 39 16 38 0.3260.3740.5590.933 4

Carlos Lee 558 173 36 1 23 96 40 72 0.3100.3620.5020.863 5

Give Rowand the AB's and he'll replicate the number that carlos puts up, Cheaper, with better defense.

I wouldn't mind Rowand in a deal, opening the door for Borch.

Rowand is the same age as JoBo; is faster on pads, better defensively and has already proven he can hit ML pitching when given a chance to start. He was our hottest hitter coming into yesterday's game.

What makes JoBo more worthy of staying? Extra 2 years of ML service? Who's to say he ever plays in the Bigs again?

Yeah but no way Rowand is better than C Lee

I bet if he gave him the at bats C Lee gets/got, Rowand does not put up those #s

C Lee gets the toughest pitches in the middle of the line up

Rowand gets the easiest pitches to hit given he is surrounded by dud like Crede and/or Sandy/Olivo most of the time in the line up....pitchers simply attack the strike zone and the heart of the plate to get him

No way do I give up C Lee to keep Rowand.....nope never

Carlos over Rowand anyday of the week :headbang

Rowand is younger, less expensive, superior defensively, and can easily replicate Carlos' offensive output.  Rowand has a .950 OPS in his last 250 AB's.

Good to see I'm not the only one.

I'm not sure Rowand is a 30-100 guy, but I'm sure he can hit .300, and he can have an OPS of .750-.800(and possibly even .850) over a full season. He has good range in CF, let alone LF/RF, and he has a very strong arm. For under $1 mill compared to Carlos's $6 mill this year and $9 mill next year?

Bring on Ortiz! :headbang

Yeah but no way Rowand is better than C Lee

I bet if he gave him the at bats C Lee gets/got, Rowand does not put up those #s

Rowand gets the easiest pitches to hit given he is surrounded by dud like Crede and/or Sandy/Olivo most of the time in the line up....pitchers simply attack the strike zone and the heart of the plate to get him

No way do I give up C Lee to keep Rowand.....nope never

That's fine if that's how you feel about Carlos.

I think Rowand could put up .300 20 70 .750 over a full season...probably not as good as Carlos...but at 1/6th of the price.

That's why I make the move. Not that I don't like Carlos, but that I really like Rowand.

Your logic is ass backwards...

How often do you hear about a hitter being "protected" by the batter behind him? Do you think the guy who bats in front of Barry sees worse pitches because Barry is up next? Hell no. They don't wanna face Barry, so you see more pitches in the strike zone.

Lower in the order, with less protection, it's easier to pitch around a batter. And Pitch around doesn't mean throw strikes. It means give the guy junk to hit because you're not worried about the guy behind him.

Rowand see's far more curveballs in the dirt because he's hitting lower in the order(with the exception of the last few days) -- How often do you think a pitcher thinks to himself, "I've got Rowand, Crede, and Olivo due up this inning. I'm throwing straight Cheese" -- I'll guarentee unless that pitcher was Randy Johnson, Mark Prior, or Roger Clemens they didn't leave the inning unscathed.

At this point I'd rather deal Maggs. The Sox offense is producing without him and at least u know u got Lee and Konerko back next year I don't want to see the Sox make any more short term plans. If they are gonna better this team, do it for the short and long term.

At this point I'd rather deal Maggs.  The Sox offense is producing without him and at least u know u got Lee and Konerko back next year  I don't want to see the Sox make any more short term plans.  If they are gonna better this team, do it for the short and long term.

If they trade Magglio, they better have have a hot line to the D'Backs and bring in Finley, immediately. Otherwise, trading Maggs will be considered white flagging it.

BTW

the score is reporting

Russ Ortiz

for

Rausch and Sweeney and others.

sox are also dealing for Moyer or Meche

the only thing i dont like about moyer is he seems to through the same MPH everytime, his fastball and changeup are both like 86 MPH.