A realistic view of where we may be

aboz56

Frank is one of the greatest players this sorry 2nd rate franchise has ever had.

Repent!

He doesn't play the field? Aww, would you rather he tried and cost the team outs and runs like Sosa, Giambi, Thome, McGriff, Mo Vaughn, Manny, Mora, D. Young, Piazza, Everett (CF) - hell, like half the greatest players of all time did when they were forced to play the field because there was no DH?

No thanks, Frank's a DH and only those who can play average-to-above-average defense should have an "advantage" over him.

Slow dowwwwn, buddy.

Frank is a good player that could bring something that the Sox need in a trade. He's just not one of the greatest players in baseball let alone all time. He's half a ballplayer - and the half he plays hasn't been worth his crappy attitude over his career. What have the Sox won with Frank Thomas - (drum roll, please)...nothing.

"Half the greatest players of all time" cost their teams outs and runs??!! What? That's idiotic. If they cost their teams outs and runs on a consistent basis they wouldn't be one of the greatest players of all time. :bang

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You said:

Valentin couldn't be traded for a bucket of bad water

drank by camels.

Good line, but I can't see why some hate Jose V. so much.

I mean Clayton was and is worthless.

Valentine is a damn good player who is a difference maker.

He's won us a lot of games.

Slow dowwwwn, buddy.

Frank is a good player that could bring something that the Sox need in a trade.  He's just not one of the greatest players in baseball let alone all time.  He's half a ballplayer - and the half he plays hasn't been worth his crappy attitude over his career.  What have the Sox won with Frank Thomas - (drum roll, please)...nothing.

"Half the greatest players of all time" cost their teams outs and runs??!!  What?  That's idiotic.  If they cost their teams outs and runs on a consistent basis they wouldn't be one of the greatest players of all time. :bang

You don't think that Thomas is even one of the best players in baseball?

:headshake Do you not like his amazingly high OPS?

But he doesn't play the field... :rolleyes:

You don't think that Thomas is even one of the best players in baseball

:headshake Do you not like his amazingly high OPS?

But he doesn't play the field...  :rolleyes:

Again....who gives a f***.

It's one thing when a player like Willie Mays added a HUGE dimension to his overall worth as a player by playing HOF-quality defense..........And quite another when Mo Vaughn or Mike Piazza play the field 5 years past their prime and in the process give up a s***loaf of bases/outs/runs over the league average for their respective postions.

Sorry, if you're a bad fielder, especially at 1B position, it should be counted AGAINST you when compared to a DH, and not the other way around.

He's half a ballplayer - and the half he plays hasn't been worth his crappy attitude over his career.  What have the Sox won with Frank Thomas - (drum roll, please)...nothing.

"Half the greatest players of all time" cost their teams outs and runs??!!  What?  That's idiotic.  If they cost their teams outs and runs on a consistent basis they wouldn't be one of the greatest players of all time. :bang

Your parents must have dropped you on your f***ing head when you were a child.

It's scary to think that I could be sitting next to a waste of space like you when I go to games. Scary.

You said:

Valentin couldn't be traded for a bucket of bad water

drank by camels. 

Good line, but I can't see why some hate Jose V. so much.

I mean Clayton was and is worthless.

Valentine is a damn good player who is a difference maker.

He's won us a lot of games.

Because he's a kid who wouldn't know a good baseball player if one fell from the sky and landed on him.

Hold on let me call Chicken Little  :D

I'll say this, I was nervous as hell, but the Sox stepped it up this weekend.  Keep it up White Sox and lets see the Sox in 1st place at the break  :headbang

That's for sure. It didn't look good at all. We have been playing crappy lately, and then Shoney went on the DL.

Keepin this one near the top. :P

Thank you Cheat....And as I read what I wrote I felt inclined to :puke

But then again, after the way we played Friday versus the Cubs, I was pretty damn pissed.

Wow could the starter of this thread have been any further off? I love to see pessimism shot down.

At least the starter can admit he was wrong...While a few around here would most likely have a problem with that... :lol:

Wow. Way to be pessimistic. We're tied for first now. You should know that No one gets too far up in the AL Central. Twins are not that good this year. They have a two man pen, a s***ty O no matter who is healthy or hurt, and a two man staff. Silva is starting to suck, and everyone knows it now. His ERA might have looked good, but going into his start today, his batting average against was .315, while the Sox regulars don't have anyone over .295 despite their recent struggles. How could you call the Twins a great team when they have been outscored by 8 runs?! If it wasn't for Koch blowing some games they would be our b**** right now. After getting Garcia, we are a much better team. Lightyears better on the offense, especially with a healthy Maggs, and a deeper and better rotation now. Their schedule after the break is brutal, so we are going to win this by a few games. As for the Cubs, they are really overrated. I'm sick of hearing about them. Everyone makes it sound like they are flawless, which is a joke. Rusch is finally coming back to earth, so until Prior and Wood are back to the point where Dusty can overwork them horribly, their thin pen is going to start getting worn out. Merker, Hawkins and Farnsworth are the only ones that seem to be dependable, and even Farns has been sucking recently. Their lineup isn't as good as people think either. They have a lot of guys that swing and miss frequently, which will keep them inconsistent. When healthy, their starting staff nullifies their inconsistent lineup and shallow pen however. But until then, they are going to struggle, since Wood, Prior, and Maddux can't get into the 7th right now.

As for Frank, you gotta be smoking something if you would rather see someone like him in the field. :dips*** There are a ton of guys that would be better off as DH's but aren't. Look at virtually anyone that plays RF or 1B and you will find them. Besides, nonexistent or poor fielding doesn't hurt one's legacy. Do you really think guys like Babe Ruth and Ted Williams would have been in the field with a DH? How about Mickey Mantle once his knees became an issue?

Thank you Cheat....And as I read what I wrote I felt inclined to  :puke

But then again, after the way we played Friday versus the Cubs, I was pretty damn pissed.

I don't blame you. We looked done.

If we end up winning the division, one of the reasons is Jon Rauch. Without his performance against Cleveland allowing us to split the series, we are DONE. We don't get Garcia, we don't win the series against the Cubs, hell, we could be 6 games out by now.

I don't mean to mock you even more, but make an example of you.

Don't call this a knee-jerk reaction to this game,

That's how you started your post. In looking back you say you were pretty damn pissed. So even when you respond with what seem like logical points at the time, you are just pissed and it is in fact a knee jerk reaction. This is why I do not post after games. Hell I didn't even post for a bit after the Garcia trade because I was so pissed. I'm not trying to make myself sound great and I realize I probably sound like I am. My point is that people should not take these posts to heart so much. Knee jerk reactions are normal. It's ok to vent, just don't get into a big emotional argument where these :fyou and these :headshake are flying.

Do you really think guys like Babe Ruth and Ted Williams would have been in the field with a DH?

Of course, silly.

In fact, Ruth had such fantastic instincts, got huge jumps, took the best of routes, closing speed up to whazoo, the works......Man he could go get it with the best of them. :headbang

One time merecalls, Babe was shading the LF line at the Polo Grounds and chatting with the fillies in the stands and whatnot....when Willie McGee hit a towering drive to deeeep RCF......their CF at the time, Dom DiMaggio, done slipped and couldn't get back up, you see, so the graceful Babe sprints across the vast plains of Polo all the way into RF (which back then was located to the right of home plate), runs up the wall, leaps just as the ball is coming down (!), catches it, bobbles it, catches it again and guns it back to the infield just to show off.......Friday crowd erupts in yawns! :notworthy

I don't mean to mock you even more, but make an example of you.

That's how you started your post. In looking back you say you were pretty damn pissed. So even when you respond with what seem like logical points at the time, you are just pissed and it is in fact a knee jerk reaction. This is why I do not post after games. Hell I didn't even post for a bit after the Garcia trade because I was so pissed. I'm not trying to make myself sound great and I realize I probably sound like I am. My point is that people should not take these posts to heart so much. Knee jerk reactions are normal. It's ok to vent, just don't get into a big emotional argument where these  :fyou and these :headshake are flying.

Take it easy on Aboz, will ya?

He is higher than you in the handsome hierarchy, so I am not sure your criticism is valid -- or allowed.

:nono

At least the starter can admit he was wrong...While a few around here would most likely have a problem with that... :lol:

Aboz, it was great that you came back and criticized yourself for the original post! A lot of people were ticked after the first Cubs loss and rightfully so.

It would have been a lot easier for you to just pretend this thread didn't exist after the fact. My respect for you shot up 10 fold, if it matters to you. :) :P :notworthy

Of course, silly. 

In fact, Ruth had such fantastic instincts, got huge jumps, took the best of routes, closing speed up to whazoo, the works......Man he could go get it with the best of them. :headbang

One time merecalls, Babe was shading the LF line at the Polo Grounds and chatting with the fillies in the stands and whatnot....when Willie McGee hit a towering drive to deeeep RCF......their CF at the time, Dom DiMaggio, done slipped and couldn't get back up, you see, so the graceful Babe sprints across the vast plains of Polo all the way into RF (which back then was located to the right of home plate), runs up the wall, leaps just as the ball is coming down (!), catches it, bobbles it, catches it again and guns it back to the infield just to show off.......Friday crowd erupts in yawns!  :notworthy

So whatkind of Vodka inspired this post Brando :P