4th,5th, hell even a 3rd starter!

Xero

When will Garland ever become a real big league pitcher? We have been waiting on him for over 4 years and still yet to do something right. Its always his "building" process and well 4 years is enough.

:angry:

Garland was dynamite for 4 innings. The 2 base throwing error and the dropped fly ball by Uribe/Gload was huge. Jose also a ball get through his legs in the 6th inning. So all in all Garland was not that bad. He just wasn't able to pitch over mistakes. But if people r waiting for this guy to become a #1 or # 2 type starter. Than keep dreaming. Garland is at best a decent #4 starter.

I simply just want him to pitch through adversity better than he has/is right now. That's all. It just seems that whenever an error happens or something of the like, he is quick to go into a shell and make some bad pitches. That part is all mental. I'd like him to improve the mental side of his game. I don't think that's an unreasonable expectation.

Walking a 9 hitter on 4 pitches? I don't know if i need to say anything more about this.

Jose also a ball get through his legs in the 6th inning

Excuse me, but what the f*** are you talking about?

Jose was playing up with a runner at 3rd with no outs so he could save Garland's ass again, and for once he didn't make a spectacular play on Barret's missile - no time to react.

Don't make s*** up in other words.

And Garland's error is HIS fault - Konerko could have saved him, but it was Garland all the way.

Excuse me, but what the f*** are you talking about? 

Jose was playing up with a runner at 3rd with no outs so he could save Garland's ass again, and for once he didn't make a spectacular play on Barret's missile - no time to react.   

And Garland's error is HIS fault - Konerko could have saved him, but it was Garland all the way.

WELL GOD DAMN..EXCUSE ME. I listned to the gm on the radio and they made it sound like it just got by, Jose. Chill the f*** out.

at the game, I have no recollection of Jose doing anything than trying to make a play on a ball that was impossible to make a play on - I checked my scorecard because I note a lot of things and Barrett had a hit and Jose played it as well as was possible, nothing to fault Jose with at all on that, not all all, it was as noted a missile that was a pure hit and I will defend Jose from unfair bashing!

I disagree on the PK comment. Earlier MO made a throw to first that if PK knew was coming might have been smoother but it was all ok

the JG error was not PK's fault - JG just threw that away - PK had no chance to save it

as I saw it

Garland overcame a 2b error on Gload in the inning before the 4 spot. He looked good doing it too. Then after his own error on the pick off attempt, he still didn't look shook up. I agree that PK could do nothing on that throw. He got one out on the groundball that scored the run, and had the next batter hit a can of corn to short right that Gload should have caught. Then after the Gload enticed error on Uribe, Jonny finally got shook.

Gload was HORRID defensively out in RF. Later in the game, with Sosa on first, Gload broke in ona ball that went to the wall. I think Ramirez hit it. Sosa scored, which he would have anyway, but Ramirez got to 3rd which set up the pulled in infield and the shot through Jose. If Gload played that ball right, Ramirez stops at 2nd and that's next one is routine groundout to short.

WELL GOD DAMN..EXCUSE ME. I listned to the gm on the radio and they made it sound like it just got by,  Jose.  Chill the f*** out.

So you're making the call based on what you you heard on the radio? Why didn't you say so? :lol:

And actually Jose DID an "error" of sorts - the ball was hit very hard at a player playing way in, but since it was in the "zone" Jose is responsible for, his league-leading (actually, he's 2nd in MLB) ZoneRating took a small beating.

Garland overcame a 2b error on Gload in the inning before the 4 spot.  He looked good doing it too.  Then after his own error on the pick off attempt, he still didn't look shook up.  I agree that PK could do nothing on that throw.  He got one out on the groundball that scored the run, and had the next batter hit a can of corn to short right that Gload should have caught. Then after the Gload enticed error on Uribe, Jonny finally got shook. 

Gload was HORRID defensively out in RF.  Later in the game, with Sosa on first, Gload broke in ona ball that went to the wall.  I think Ramirez hit it.  Sosa scored, which he would have anyway, but Ramirez got to 3rd which set up the pulled in infield and the shot through Jose.  If Gload played that ball right, Ramirez stops at 2nd and that's next one is routine groundout to short.

It was Hollansworth's "triple", not Ramirez. :puke

Actuially Garland's error that moved Holansworth to 3rd was followed by what would have been a routine 6-4-3 DP ball.....I sincerely doubt Uribe drops the ball and Ramirez walks with 2 outs if Garland doesn't throw that ball away. Absolutely huge.

Actuially Garland's error that moved Holansworth to 3rd was followed by what would have been a routine 6-4-3 DP ball.....I sincerely doubt Uribe drops the ball and Ramirez walks with 2 outs if Garland doesn't throw that ball away.    Absolutely huge.

You're right, that was huge. However, Garland pitched well enough to overcome his own error in that inning. He got the groundout and made the next guy hit a very catchable popup into short right field.

Actuially Garland's error that moved Holansworth to 3rd was followed by what would have been a routine 6-4-3 DP ball.....I sincerely doubt Uribe drops the ball and Ramirez walks with 2 outs if Garland doesn't throw that ball away.    Absolutely huge.

That popup was Gload's ball all the way and any legit RFer woulda waved Uribe off, and even Gload may have waved him off if it hadn't of been for his earlier error. So in effect Gload's error led to another.