holy cow

hi8is

If they're going to fork up part of the money for Jones's contract and we know we can't afford Maggs after the season, I would look into this deal.

I like A Jones, he is the best CF in baseball and he is capable of putting up 35 HR a year, especially in our park.

If they're going to fork up part of the money for Jones's contract and we know we can't afford Maggs after the season, I would look into this deal.

I like A Jones, he is the best CF in baseball and he is capable of putting up 35 HR a year, especially in our park.

I agree the only way Maggs for Jones straight up looks good is if Atlanta takes on part of the contract

if they wanna dubp Jones contract and get something in return, the Sox and Maggs are their best option. This gives KW some leverage to say, look... I want Ortiz as well, or no deal and I'll throw in Raunch and a single A prospect

No way do we get Estrada

I would do that deal in a heartbeat. Maggs won't resign, why not get some one who will be with us for 3 years. He is an All-Star CF who is capable of hitting 35+ HRs and driving in 110+ a year. A perfect fit for our park.

I would do that deal in a heartbeat. Maggs won't resign, why not get some one who will be with us for 3 years. He is an All-Star CF who is capable of hitting 35+ HRs and driving in 110+ a year. A perfect fit for our park.

I heard jone had bad knees and also the numbers have gone down. i take Jones if Atlanta eats some of the contract.

Jones offensive numbers have been in sharp decline in 3 of the last 4 seasons.

No thank you.

Care to elaborate???

2000:

Jones .303 AVG - 36 HR - 104 RBI

2001:

Jones .251 AVG - 34 HR - 104 RBI

2002:

Jones .264 AVG - 35 HR - 94 RBI

2003:

Jones .277 AVG - 36 HR - 116 RBI

Perhaps you are using an alternative definition of "sharp decline."

Care to elaborate???

2000:

Jones .303 AVG - 36 HR - 104 RBI

2001:

Jones .251 AVG - 34 HR - 104 RBI

2002:

Jones .264 AVG - 35 HR - 94 RBI

2003:

Jones .277 AVG - 36 HR - 116 RBI

Perhaps you are using an alternative definition of "sharp decline."

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I agree if AND ONLY if this means that we still have the money to resign Garcia...

Lets face it Maggs is gone.

If we can get a cheaper power hitting outfielder that we would have for 3 years.

Like I said I only do this deal if we can still afford the 10 Million per year it will take to sign Garcia...

Besides his numbers would enivitably be better in a hitters park like ours...

jones i like

but having Ortiz a part of our rotation, i LOVE

burly, garcia, e low, ortiz, garland

ortiz has an era of 3.89 1 CG and a carrer 95-47 record. 21 game winner last year, and play off clutch experience... talk about a GREAT #4

that would be one of the best, if not the best Starting Rotations in baseball

and those kinds of teams, win WS Champs

I agree if AND ONLY if this means that we still have the money to resign Garcia...

Lets face it Maggs is gone.

If we can get a cheaper power hitting outfielder that we would have for 3 years.

Like I said I only do this deal if we can still afford the 10 Million per year it will take to sign Garcia...

Besides his numbers would enivitably be better in a hitters park like ours...

I'm hoping we can Garcia for cheaper, but yeah, I only look into this deal if we know we're able to keep Garcia. Jones' kind of scares me; I haven't heard great things lately. All I hear that he's on the decline. However, I like the point JReed brought up. Greg Walker could probably help him get back on track.

I'd do it. Jones is 27 years old, hasn't even reached his prime yet, hits for power, Greg Walker can do wonders for him (look at Uribe) I would also do it.

Someone is talking out of their ass. Jones' production has been slipping for a while plus he has bad knees. If you give up Maggs for Jones you better get Ortiz AND Estrada with him. If not then that deal is f***ed up.

While the swap of Ordonez for Jones would enable the Braves to slash payroll and instantly upgrade an offense that has struggled this year, this rumor, like many other that will pop up during the coming weeks, appears to be pure speculation.

Enough said.

Someone is talking out of their ass. Jones' production has been slipping for a while plus he has bad knees. If you give up Maggs for Jones you better get Ortiz AND Estrada with him. If not then that deal is f***ed up.

If you think we could get all three you are crazy.

If you think we could get all three you are crazy.

Then I don't trade Maggs it is as simple as that. I am not trading Maggs to get a broken down CF and a pitcher who walks 4 batters per 9 innings. I better be getting more than that. If you don't think that is right, then you are crazy and/or fooling yourself.

Andruw Jones is too cool for school. He should play for the Indians and wear his hat Sabathia-style with his attitude

Leave him in Atlanta.

his contract will quickly become an albatross for us.

And what's wrong with the way Rowand is playing center field, for much less money.

fuhgetabout Andruw "All Hype" Jones.

Then I don't trade Maggs it is as simple as that. I am not trading Maggs to get a broken down CF and a pitcher who walks 4 batters per 9 innings. I better be getting more than that. If you don't think that is right, then you are crazy and/or fooling yourself.

All that i am saying is we could get two but no way we get three. I agree with you but it's just not gonna happen. I really do not even want ortiz he is gonna get smoked in the american league with all of his damn walks.