The Trade

SoxFan1

Its funny how you mention it. It still hasnt sunk in with me. I still think we have Reed, Olivo, and Morse still in the organization and Garcia is still in Seattle. I don't think it will sink in till a couple of days or when I see him pitch in a sox uni.

Its funny how you mention it. It still hasnt sunk in with me. I still think we have Reed, Olivo, and Morse still in the organization and Garcia is still in Seattle. I don't think it will sink in till a couple of days or when I see him pitch in a sox uni.

The fact that Garcia is a White Sox has set in but I've been huge fans of Olivo and Reed for the past two years and their departure has yet to set in.

boy, did the M's get a great deal.

;) Let me know when it sets in, that way I can change your name to something else. Heck you could be the first on Soxtalk to have a Garcia name!

The fact that Garcia is a White Sox has set in but I've been huge fans of Olivo and Reed for the past two years and their departure has yet to set in.

boy, did the M's get a great deal.

Reed wasn't that big of a shock to me I mean comon do you really think we were going to get a great pitcher without giving up our #1 prospect? That's 2 years in a row we give up our #1 prospect, if we don't get deep into the playoffs I will be REAL pissed.

Olivo is my guy, he will never leave to me.

Reed wasn't that big of a shock to me I mean comon do you really think we were going to get a great pitcher without giving up our #1 prospect? That's 2 years in a row we give up our #1 prospect, if we don't get deep into the playoffs I will be REAL pissed.

Ring was really overrated when he was here. Reed at least hit for a high average in the minor leagues, has more walks than strikeouts, line drive/contact hitter (would have been a hellofa #2 hitter) and was a great teammate. I just wish he had a shot to get promoted to the bigs when he was here just to show some people that he's made of.

It was kind of funny for me, the 1st ten minutes for me, I was like, "HOW THE HELL COULD YOU SCREW THIS ORGANIZATION UP SO FAST?".

After that, I'm thinking it could be the best trade in the history of the organization. Although, I think it will set in Wedensday after that 1st pitch.

It set in late last night. I realized that we have a badass starting rotation and when Shoe comes back we'll have a great one through five, not just four. I think Scott can pitch like he did at the start of the season after his off time and help us out a lot in the stretch run.

It hasn't really set in yet.

I lost some sleep thinking of MO's great plays for us.

It will set in when he pitches, and MO isn't behind the dish.

Same thing here. I didn't get to sleep till like 2:30(went to bed at 1:50, meaning I sat in bed and just thought about the trade for about 40 minutes) - and I damn near cried.

Big Mo hurts. I'll miss him.

As for when it will settle in...probably Wednesday night when he (hopefully) shuts the Twins the f*** up.

Same thing here.  I didn't get to sleep till like 2:30(went to bed at 1:50, meaning I sat in bed and just thought about the trade for about 40 minutes) - and I damn near cried.

Big Mo hurts.  I'll miss him.

I was so upset that MO was gone.

I sat and thought about the deal. And the potential Braves deal.

Then at about 2:30 I put in 8 Men Out and went to sleep at about 5ish...

Just to add to this thread again.

Watching the Seattle-Texas game tonight...I saw Big Mo(not playing obviously, but I saw him nonetheless), and I feel a lot better. I saw him talk to Eddie Guardado and I saw him talk with him and laugh with him. It was definately a sigh of relief.

I'll miss Big Mo. He's a hell of a player now, and is only getting better. But I've moved on. It has settled in.

Let's hope that Freddy Garcia kicks the f***ing s*** out of those Twinky-ass b****es on Wednesday. :headbang

Same thing here.  I didn't get to sleep till like 2:30(went to bed at 1:50, meaning I sat in bed and just thought about the trade for about 40 minutes) - and I damn near cried.

Big Mo hurts.  I'll miss him.

As for when it will settle in...probably Wednesday night when he (hopefully) shuts the Twins the f*** up.

Seeing you and WH1 say that, it's funny, how much devotion and emotion we as fans place on a baseball team.

Because you know what? I did the exact same thing.

I went to bed. And I kind of looked up at the ceiling of my room. And I was thinking about Olivo's homer down the third base line. And I was picturing, I'll never forget this, what Julie Schwieka (sp?) said about him. She said he was standing behind homeplate, and with ease, threw the ball into the Sox bullpen. :o And I was trying to picture that.

And then I thought about Jeremy Reed, well, I tried too, but I've really never seen him except for ST.

And then I pictured the best thing of all; I got chills up and down my back, as I just sat there thinking. Game one of the ALCS. And on the PA, Gene Honda over the loudspeaker 'Sox Fans, ON YOUR FEET, FOR YOUR 2004 AL CENTRAL CHAMPION CHICAGO WHITE SOX!'

'First, the battery! Catching for the Sox, Sandy Alomar Jr. Pitching, Freddy Garcia!' And the roar from the crowd. :headbang

And I just thought about that for awhile. Hopefully, it will be a dream come true...