LA Times now Reporting

hi8is

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Once Maggs is back, Jose is suddenly out of the lineup?  What the f*** kind of messed up logic is that?

Uribe does not have to play everyday.  Harris does not have to play everyday.  Simple as that. 

Let Uribe play quite a bit of 2B, a little more 3B, and SS against tough lefties(when Willie plays).  Let Willie play CF a little more, let him play 2B some more, and give him a shot in LF now and then. 

Jose is not OUT of the lineup once Maggs comes back.  That's just completely stupid to say that.

just about says it all for me

I think you guys are missing the big picture here.

If they trade is made then Ortiz is going into the bullpen.

There is just no room for him in the rotation anyway (especially after Shoey comes back.)

Judging his work out of the pen for Aniehiem I would do this deal on the condition that the Angels pay 3/4 of his salery the rest of the way and throw in one of those Molina boys :ph34r:

If I remember correctly, wasn't there a lot of b****ing when we signed Valentin to a $5 Million dollar contract in the off season? I would do this trade if we could get Ortiz and Eckstein.

Yes, because there were indications that he would have signed for less to come back. KW didn't gamble and that move was criticized. The criticisms were based on the seemingly accurate assumption that the Sox would be under a budget crunch and they needed every million they could get.

In retrospect, it was a good move. As it turns out, budget issues have never really been as big of an issue as we thought they would be. Jose has done a good job and fits well with this club. His left-handed bat is important in our lineup. I just wish he could hit lefties better, but that's where Uribe can fill in some.

I don't think too many people wanted to dump Jose completely, I just think they didn't think he was worth the $5 million.

Lastly, I don't think KW should or will make any trades with a club he could be competing with in the playoffs. Making our club better is important, but not at the expense of also making the Angels or other like club better. That could come back to bite him in the ass and I don't see him doing that.

Yes, because there were indications that he would have signed for less to come back.  KW didn't gamble and that move was criticized.  The criticisms were based on the seemingly accurate assumption that the Sox would be under a budget crunch and they needed every million they could get.

In retrospect, it was a good move.  As it turns out, budget issues have never really been as big of an issue as we thought they would be.  Jose has done a good job and fits well with this club.  His left-handed bat is important in our lineup.  I just wish he could hit lefties better, but that's where Uribe can fill in some.

I don't think too many people wanted to dump Jose completely, I just think they didn't think he was worth the $5 million. 

Lastly, I don't think KW should or will make any trades with a club he could be competing with in the playoffs.  Making our club better is important, but not at the expense of also making the Angels or other like club better.  That could come back to bite him in the ass and I don't see him doing that.

Bang on Rex. That's exactly why they're talking to NL teams, and exactly why the Sox haven't traded within their division, as an example, for umpteen years.

Yes, because there were indications that he would have signed for less to come back.  KW didn't gamble and that move was criticized.  The criticisms were based on the seemingly accurate assumption that the Sox would be under a budget crunch and they needed every million they could get.

In retrospect, it was a good move.  As it turns out, budget issues have never really been as big of an issue as we thought they would be.  Jose has done a good job and fits well with this club.  His left-handed bat is important in our lineup.  I just wish he could hit lefties better, but that's where Uribe can fill in some.

Lastly, I don't think KW should or will make any trades with a club he could be competing with in the playoffs.  Making our club better is important, but not at the expense of also making the Angels or other like club better.  That could come back to bite him in the ass and I don't see him doing that.

Agree on all points Rex and would add that in hindsight, had KW not picked up his option that Jose would be gone as there would've been plenty of interest in him and he'd have gotten better offers than the $5 mil we are paying him.

Rowand still struggles against RHers. There's no way Harris/Rowand become the everyday CFer. Ozzie knows this & that's why they continue to platoon based on matchups.

There's no way this is happening. Val is very signable to an extension & he's a fan favorite right now. He's given up switch hitting & is the strongest LH bat in the lineup.

His value to the SOX right now is far above the value LA is willing to part with.

IMO trading Valentin now would be a bad move, he's been clutch since he's arrived on the scene and although everyone has ripped him for his glove, it's been solid last season and this season and he's going to hit 30 bombs this year if we keep him all season.

Don't trade Val for Ortiz.

I agree. Ortiz would be a nice addition, but he is not worth Valentin. There may be some others the Angles might be interested in though.

This s*** is f***ing insane, trade rumors GALORE for the white sox... i guess that when KW said that he is talking to everyone he wasnt joking.... im guessin that KW said something to the Braves and the Angles and a lot of other teams....

and now the stuff they were talking about is getting leaked

This was brought up a long time ago. I believe the Angels caleld Kenny asking if he would be interested and he offered Jose. This was at the beginning of the season when Ortiz was pissed off at being demoted to the bullpen. There is no way we trade Jose for Ortiz at this point. The LA Times are reporting old news that is no longer even in the works anymore. INSANE!

:puke

That's how I would feel if Kenny did that ridiculous trade....Jose's been nothing but clutch and I'd definitely split Harris/Uribe at 2B as long as Aaron Rowand keeps swinging the hot stick in CF (Think we've seen the best of Uribe and it's down hill from here)....Kenny should wait on all trades till Maggs comes back because once he does, I honestly believe that's when the Sox will go on a tear! :D

Yeah, that's what people were saying on May 1st.  Damn pessimists.

Until Uribe learns some plate discipline (Stop swinging at high cheese and the junk pitch low and away), that average will keep going down....Learn to take some pitches (A #2 hitter should know this already) and rip the 2 - 0 pitch....

Once Maggs is back, Jose is suddenly out of the lineup?  What the f*** kind of messed up logic is that?

Uribe does not have to play everyday.  Harris does not have to play everyday.  Simple as that. 

Let Uribe play quite a bit of 2B, a little more 3B, and SS against tough lefties(when Willie plays).  Let Willie play CF a little more, let him play 2B some more, and give him a shot in LF now and then. 

Jose is not OUT of the lineup once Maggs comes back.  That's just completely stupid to say that.

Read my post again dude....what I said was when Maggs comes back KENNY (not me) has to decide whether he wants one out of Uribe, Wilie, Crede, Jose to be on the bench on any given day or does he believe every one of them that stays with the Sox needs to start and not be on the bench

I am fine with platooning between Uribe, Willie, Rowand and Crede and keeping Jose at SS with an occasional day off

But Kenny needs to answer the questions what he believes about Uribe, Crede, Rowand and Willie?

Doe she believe in Uribe, Willie and Rowand's better than expected #s in the first haf of the season and/or does he believe in Crede's ability to rebound nicely in the second half?

Once he answers those questions, it will be easy for him to decide what to do about Jose.

I would like to keep Jose definitely....but remember we will most likely lose him at end of year (and let Uribe play next year at SS) .... maybe Kenny prefers to get someone for Jose