Congrats to KW

BamaDoc

Kenny Williams has put his future/neck on the chopping block. I congratulate him for making a bold trade in an attempt to get us over the hump. I agree we gave up a lot for Garcia. I thought Olivio was part of our future. If we do not make the playoffs and advance one round (at least) and if Garcia leaves as a free agent, I think Williams loses his job. Because the stakes are now higher, I expect further moves. It was interesting to see in the newspaper, Yankee and Red Sox trades giving up prospects. In each case I think they did better as the prospects never became as good as predicted. I hope we keep Garcia for around 7-8 million and our prospects play well for Seattle. It is going to be an exciting year. Go SOX!

Kenny Williams has put his future/neck on the chopping block.  I congratulate him for making a bold trade in an attempt to get us over the hump.  I agree we gave up a lot for Garcia.  I thought Olivio was part of our future.  If we do not make the playoffs and advance one round (at least) and if Garcia leaves as a free agent, I think Williams loses his job.  Because the stakes are now higher, I expect further moves.  It was interesting to see in the newspaper, Yankee and Red Sox trades giving up prospects.  In each case I think they did better as the prospects never became as good as predicted.  I hope we keep Garcia for around 7-8 million and our prospects play well for Seattle. It is going to be an exciting year. Go SOX!

You might mean Guevos? as in Cojones as in Balls?

W-E-L-C-O-M-E

T-O

S-O-X-T-A-L-K

the best msg board around for the sox

thanks for the post, your right... KW did a good job, there's more to come.... and i think we sign Garcia, and go into at least the ALCS

PEACE!

Welcome, and good post.  You have to love what KW's doing.  He's really one of the best GM's in the game; imagine what the guy would do if he had a Cubs payroll.

shouldnt one of his teams actually have to win the weakest division in baseball before we even consider calling him the best GM in baseball??

i agree that the garcia is the best move he has ever made for this team...we didnt go cheap..we didnt make a move for a guy that over 35 and declining or a guy thats trying to rebuild his career after a long stint on the DL...we finally went away from trying to catch lightning in a bottle and went after the best available player at the position we needed to fill...

but one trade doesnt make a break a GM...the key is putting together 3 or 4 deals in a row that each improve weaknesses in your team..or in some cases not pulling the trigger on a deal that might actually weaken your team...this has always been KW's downfall...he will make a series of moves where some are for winning now and some are for the future..and in the end we finish 4 games out of first scratching our heads wondering what the hell happened...

if KW doesnt follow this trade with two more sucessful trades (minimum) we will fall short again..we need an everyday left handed power hitter to go with jose or in the playoffs (if we make it that far) i think we could be looking at a '00 repeat...we also need another quality arm in the bullpen since its pretty weak after takatsu imo..

can KW pull off two more winners this year??...or will we again fall short again???

shouldnt one of his teams actually have to win the weakest division in baseball before we even consider calling him the best GM in baseball??

i agree that the garcia is the best move he has ever made for this team...we didnt go cheap..we didnt make a move for a guy that over 35 and declining or a guy thats trying to rebuild his career after a long stint on the DL...we finally went away from trying to catch lightning in a bottle and went after the best available player at the position we needed to fill...

but one trade doesnt make a break a GM...the key is putting together 3 or 4 deals in a row that each improve weaknesses in your team..or in some cases not pulling the trigger on a deal that might actually weaken your team...this has always been KW's downfall...he will make a series of moves where some are for winning now and some are for the future..and in the end we finish 4 games out of first scratching our heads wondering what the hell happened...

if KW doesnt follow this trade with two more sucessful trades (minimum) we will fall short again..we need an everyday left handed power hitter to go with jose or in the playoffs (if we make it that far) i think we could be looking at a '00 repeat...we also need another quality arm in the bullpen since its pretty weak after takatsu imo..

can KW pull off two more winners this year??...or will we again fall short again???

I agree fully baggio. I like KW a lot, but looking at it, how many playoffs has he been to? Zero. When/if we make it to the playoffs, I will call KW one of the better GMs. If we make it to the ALCS/WS, I will call him one of the best in the game.

But not until then.

A LH power hitter would be great, but what position do we sacrifice?

Should we try to package Rowand and prospects into a trade for Finley?

Package Konerko/Prospects/Cash for Delgado?

finley would be a great fit if arizona would move him...gotta figure they are going to have a fire sale soon...finley is 39 and with 19 - 40 .305 numbers has to be the first guy on the block...it would cost alot and at his age alot of fans would wonder if its worth it...but if we are trying to win it all this year who cares if he is 40 next year???...finley could really solidify this teams chances in october..probably cost rowand and a top pitching prospect ..perhaps rowand and cotts