Our Hard Throwing Reliever...

T R U

Frank Francisco

1 - 1

3.96 ERA

28 K's

20.2 IP

Oh yeah, and did I mention that im watching the Houston/Texas game and he is consistantly hitting 98 MPH on the gun...

but its ok, we had Carl Everett for a few months :headshake

This could be our hard throwing reliever that we need, but whats done is done.. Man, thats one trade that we lost..

Frank Francisco

1 - 1

3.96 ERA

28 K's

20.2 IP

Oh yeah, and did I mention that im watching the Houston/Texas game and he is consistantly hitting 98 MPH on the gun...

but its ok, we had Carl Everett for a few months  :headshake

This could be our hard throwing reliever that we need, but whats done is done.. Man, thats one trade that we lost..

Oh, great it's bash kenny williams time again. A 3.96 era for a reliever is just unbelievable. What a terrible f***in trade, kenny should be fired for that one. :rolleyes:

Who bashed KW?

All I am saying is it would be nice to have him in our bullpen insted of Thriller

I think KW is an awesome GM for us... I just said we lost out on that trade..

Calm down there bud, damn

Who bashed KW?

All I am saying is it would be nice to have him in our bullpen insted of Thriller

I think KW is an awesome GM for us... I just said we lost out on that trade..

Calm down there bud, damn

Alright, I apologize then. I'm just a little pissed off about today and I hate kw bashing and I thought that's what you were doing, so I apologize.

Alright, I apologize then.  I'm just a little pissed off about today and I hate kw bashing and I thought that's what you were doing, so I apologize.

Yeah you better be careful or he'll tag in his partner to gang up on ya. Sorry, I just can't get over that. :lol:

i cant stand KW but ill never fault him for trying to improve the team in mid season and make the playoffs...its a risk you have to take if you ever want to win it all

Exactly, or you hav a situation like in Seattle last season when they did nothing at the deadline, and even the players like Jeff Nelson were criticizing the GM Pat Gillick. :o

Yeah you better be careful or he'll tag in his partner to gang up on ya. Sorry, I just can't get over that.  :lol:

DBAHO... I have this under control, there is no need for a Tag at this moment

Maybe Jeff Nelson's performance had something to do with Seattle not making the playoffs last year.  I'm sure they had a shot at Carl Everett  and Roberto Alomar last year, but they would not give up as much as Kenny would.

What the hell did kenny give up? A reliever with a 3.96 era. Two other relief prospects to the mets and a throw in who are all nothing. An outfield prospect who's very overrated but even if he was descent still worth giving up and Josh Rupe. Rupe and maybe fransisco are the only players worth a damn in those trades combined.

What the hell did kenny give up?  A reliever with a 3.96 era.  Two other relief prospects to the mets and a throw in who are all nothing.  An outfield prospect who's very overrated but even if he was descent still worth giving up and Josh Rupe.  Rupe and maybe fransisco are the only players worth a damn in those trades combined.

Exactly and thats why I said I wish we coulda hung on to Francisco because he is a Hard Throwing reliever, throwing 98 MPH consistantly with an 87 Changeup..

He would be better than Cotts and Thriller

Exactly and thats why I said I wish we coulda hung on to Francisco because he is a Hard Throwing reliever, throwing 98 MPH consistantly with an 87 Changeup..

He would be better than Cotts and Thriller

I don't think your saying you'd rather have fransisco then cotts, I hope your just saying right now you'd just rather have fransisco in the pen then cotts but I also disagree with that right now. Neal for the most part has been a very solid reliever this year and I think he'll start getting back to what he was before his start. He seems to be getting back locked in and I think he just needed to get his head screwed back on after that start. I'm sure you'll agree neal cotts in the future is a much more valuable player then fransisco will ever be.

I don't think your saying you'd rather have fransisco then cotts, I hope your just saying right now you'd just rather have fransisco in the pen then cotts but I also disagree with that right now.  Neal for the most part has been a very solid reliever this year and I think he'll start getting back to what he was before his start.  He seems to be getting back locked in and I think he just needed to get his head screwed back on after that start.  I'm sure you'll agree neal cotts in the future is a much more valuable player then fransisco will ever be.

No I didnt mean I would rather have Francisco than Cotts... but I would rather have Cotts in AAA being a starter, while we have Francisco helping the club at the major level...

What are we missing?? Thats right, hard throwing relievers, me and Flash had this convo in the chat room the other day... we dont have any hard throwers except Politte, and not even he hits 98 consistantly

I KNOW he can out pitch Thriller

He was blowing away Houston's batters in the 8th inning... 98 mph everytime, I didnt know he was that hard of a thrower... he would have been nice to have in the pen this year

No I didnt mean I would rather have Francisco than Cotts... but I would rather have Cotts in AAA being a starter, while we have Francisco helping the club at the major level...

What are we missing?? Thats right, hard throwing relievers, me and Flash had this convo in the chat room the other day... we dont have any hard throwers except Politte, and not even he hits 98 consistantly

I know people seem to be obsessed with hard throwers in the bullpen but I could care less how fast guys throw just get guys out. If that means strike outs.... great, if that means groundball also fine just get guys out, I for one don't care how fast someone throws if they're not getting guys out.

I could care less how fast guys throw just get guys out.

well, I couldn't care less - ;) - look at Blazing Fastball Shingo - whatever it takes to get the job done - sometimes the harder it is pitched the faster it flies out of the ball park and no one wants that in the 7th 8th or 9th - I always like off speed relievers who mix it up and throw the batters all off

well, I couldn't care less -  ;)  - look at Blazing Fastball Shingo - whatever it takes to get the job done - sometimes the harder it is pitched the faster it flies out of the ball park and no one wants that in the 7th 8th or 9th - I always like off speed relievers who mix it up and throw the batters all off

OUCH! :lol: Well you know what I meant. :P

I'm not to worried about losing him. You can find some solid relievers for bargain prices. Even after his monster season last year, Latroy Hawkins is making less than $3 mil. Starters are much harder to come by and it is much more expensive to acquire them.