Mac, Jurko, Harry sounding off on Mariotti...again

CSF

The day before that though Woody Paige took a shot at Hawk... He said something like Kenny Harrelson was the one player he would pay money to see, regardless of the team.  ...  Jay almost fell over laughing.

Oh yeah, I remember that. And Marriotti, made fun of Plaschke's hair, or lack thereof, then Woody added something like, "That was mean to make fun of Bill like that, we don't bring up your eyebrow problem".

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

DOes anyone actually know if he has any listeners? I would be really excited to see the next ratings book to see how he does. I think his luster has woran off and his ratings will drop.

july21 are when the next ratings come out

Do we have a little insider info here?  Do tell.

here is what jim kirk from the trib told me when i emailed him about the whole thing

-----Original Message-----

Sent: Thursday, July 08, 2004 10:01 AM

To: Kirk, Jim

Subject: about the mariotti-McNeil feud the past few days

Jim the whole feud started when mariotti wrote and took shots at U.S Cellular field on a tuesday either a week ago or 2 weeks ago. Then Mac,Jurko,and Harry started to bash mariotti for his comments about U.S Cellular field the white sox and Jerry Reinsdorf. Mac on tuesday wanted to have Hawk Harrelson on his show but they where not aloud to. Mac then just went all out on jay, and it got heated yesterday in the morning and then really got heated in the afternoon. Mac was saying that they have to ask Jay for the guests they can have on, and Len wasn't happy.

Jim do you see Mariotti, or Len Weiner getting let go from wmvp?

this was his response

Good question...I think they believe Jay's a draw, but this seems to be getting out of hand. New management likes Len, so I think he stays...but they're going to have to do something soon..

Thanks for the note.

Jim

hope this helps. when i do get more info i will share

Mariotti is nothing else but a master of using the media and the masses to get rich and notorious. He is the master contrarian. The only popular figure that he didn't trash was MJ, and I'm surprised Mariotti could type his column while cupping MJ's balls. 99% of the population enjoys The Beatles. The Beatles? Overrated noise that Mariotti finds unlistenable. Abraham Lincoln? Too tall and needs to get rid of that mole. '85 Bears? Worst team to ever go 18-1! He goes the opposite way to generate talk and anger, and unfortunately, it works. I wonder if the money is worth it if he can't go into a bar without getting his ass kicked.

Speaking of radio hosts in trouble.

JHood went all goofy last week doing a parody of the "Wiseguys" show.

Talking all "Chicago-ey" while saying semi-racist stuff and playing Dean Martin songs over and over.

Was that a planned thing or did he get in trouble?

Anyone know?

This has happened before. Hood will likely escape discipline.

Several months ago a caller on the J-Hood show pondered why Ozzie Guillen continues to speak broken English, since he has been in the United States for an extended period of time.

J-Hood proceeded to immitate North for a good five minutes. Which included (as you observed yourself) singing along to How Lucky Can One Guy Be, by Frank Sinatra.

To top it all off, after the bit, out of nowhere, the same caller comments, "I'm not saying Ozzie should be selling tacos at the Cell......." J-Hood soon began another verse of Sinatra.

Although Hood perceives North as a racist, I've yet to hear any on-air content to support his claims.

I could be mistaken, but I think the J-Hood/North thing is a little more friendlier than the Mac/Dick-Face feud. I'm not saying that Hood and North are best of friends, but I think they both have tougher skin, and North knows if he keeps doing the "character" he portrays on the radio he is going to take some shots.

I could be mistaken, but I think the J-Hood/North thing is a little more friendlier than the Mac/Dick-Face feud.  I'm not saying that Hood and North are best of friends, but I think they both have tougher skin, and North knows if he keeps doing the "character" he portrays on the radio he is going to take some shots.

with the north jayhood thing o u think jhood is doing it cause hes piised about north lobbying for the score to pick up the sox, and then he would be out of a show?

I could be mistaken, but I think the J-Hood/North thing is a little more friendlier than the Mac/Dick-Face feud.  I'm not saying that Hood and North are best of friends, but I think they both have tougher skin, and North knows if he keeps doing the "character" he portrays on the radio he is going to take some shots.

I have never seen ANY hostility between North and JHood EVER in my 6+ weeks of being there. JHood will poke fun at him, but everyone at the Score pokes fun at everyone else. So, I don thtink there is anything there.

As for North, you are right in saying that he is doing a "character". Off the air, he is a really nice guy. Probably one of the nicest guys I have met in a log time. He takes care of his guys. If there is an injustice against a friend (or one of his produces) he will go out of his way to correct it.

Here's the DJ telling you why its most likely nothing will change at ESPN 1000 over this little spat. You are talking about it and listening. Hell, this aint even new to Chicago - Lujack/Steve&Garry (and that one WAS real), Warren Freiberg/Steve&Garry just to name a couple. One of the places I used to work at, I would rip on the morning guy on my show and he would rip on me, the night guy. It's just the way this s*** works. If its real or not, but getting attention - Len Weiner is getting rewarded because its getting press and maybe some Score listeners might be drawn over to hear the noize. If this starts to go in a bad way, watch this calm down super fast.

Here's the DJ telling you why its most likely nothing will change at ESPN 1000 over this little spat. You are talking about it and listening. Hell, this aint even new to Chicago - Lujack/Steve&Garry (and that one WAS real), Warren Freiberg/Steve&Garry just to name a couple. One of the places I used to work at, I would rip on the morning guy on my show and he would rip on me, the night guy. It's just the way this s*** works. If its real or not, but getting attention - Len Weiner is getting rewarded because its getting press and maybe some Score listeners might be drawn over to hear the noize. If this starts to go in a bad way, watch this calm down super fast.

both mariotti and mac where given the day off today and tomorow i think. im waiting to hear back from some1 to see if they have any new details on the feud. a change is a must cause u know mariotti will bash mac next week when hes on vacation