Mota

Butter Parque

The LA Daily news reported that the Dodgers are likely to trade Mota before the deadline. I know KW was interested in him in the offseason. He is definitely a guy to go after. You can keep Shingo as the closer and have Mota be the right-handed set-up man.

I said that in another thread yesterday and someone here said i was nuts and making up stories! ;)

I wouldn't be surprised if the dodgers would want a starting pitcher instead of a bat but either way it's going to be hard for the sox to get him. But could you imagine going to the 7th inning being able to throw out mota, damaso and shingo that would be nasty but now back to reality. ;)

It's been reported elsewhere on the site...in the Pavano and Benetiz available thread.

And they want an MLB ready bat for him.  That, in all likelyhood, will not come from us.

I was the one who said it :)

We'd probably could give up Maggs, and get Mota and Ed Jackson in return...

That sounds smart, trade our #3 hitter when our offense has been struggling.

No way we should deal Maggs. I'm not sure they would do it anyways, since Maggs is only signed through this year, the knee is going to be an issue, and he hasn't been hitting that well since he got back. Because of that I'm not sure how much value he has. They'd have to get a monster deal. Consider that they wouldn't give him up for Beltran. No way we would get him for just Borchard and prospects.